AC + CSP/SOL VR settings for best IQ/Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

I think the only settings Peter really insists on is 100% Brightness instead of default 300% in Lighting FX.
The rest is up to your system capabilities and personal liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only settings Peter really insist on is 100% Brightness instead of default 300% in Lighting FX.
The rest is up to your system capabilities and personal liking.

Ah. If that’s the case, I may go back and tweak it closer to what I had with your guide. Actually, as long as I don’t have the massive smoke plumes anymore, everything else is just gravy :)

Thanks for the tip.

Where is your smoke, front or rear? If it is rear then it is Particles FX in custom shader patch. Doesn't work for most cars as it says.

In my case, VR looks at lot sharper without PP, every new version of SOL I am testing it again only to go back to default. Plus, without PP I can really max out all settings (as in Andrews ULTRA settings), have 20+ cars on any track and still have my GPU at 50%. Have to mention that I only drive open wheelers, so some of the PP features such as brake lights I do not need.

Where is your smoke, front or rear? If it is rear then it is Particles FX in custom shader patch. Doesn't work for most cars as it says.

In my case, VR looks at lot sharper without PP, every new version of SOL I am testing it again only to go back to default. Plus, without PP I can really max out all settings (as in Andrews ULTRA settings), have 20+ cars on any track and still have my GPU at 50%. Have to mention that I only drive open wheelers, so some of the PP features such as brake lights I do not need.

I had the issue with smoke from the back of all cars. Andrew got me sorted. It was indeed Smoke (WIP) in ParticlesFX. Following the Sol install guide - I had matched all the changes/red settings in the screenshots exactly, and that was one he had checked. Made for some interesting racing :)

Is it possible to test between Sol and the Default by just unchecking the PP filter in the video page? Or does it require full uninstall of Sol altogether? To my eyes, my VR is not particularly sharp, but it’s new to me so I’m not sure what quality to expect.

Yes, that is possible. All the FX stuff simply won't work but no performance issue.

But if you want smart mirrors from CM, then you will need to keep custom shader patch running.

SOL looks awesome on a monitor, in VR it consumes more resources than providing me an advantage - but thats due to my personal preference of driving open wheel only.

Yes, that is possible. All the FX stuff simply won't work but no performance issue.

But if you want smart mirrors from CM, then you will need to keep custom shader patch running.

SOL looks awesome on a monitor, in VR it consumes more resources than providing me an advantage - but thats due to my personal preference of driving open wheel only.

I primarily drive open wheel as well. So I appreciate the tips. All of these settings can get overwhelming - so help from You folks here with more experience is much appreciated!

• Deleted member 197115

You need to disable Weather FX to completely turn it off, SOL is not just PP filter. Peter also has new controller 'simple' that you can activate on Weather FX page, it's supposed to yield better results with no PP at all or _Simple (new lightweight filter), while preserving some SOL features.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks a lot for the document. With the Nvidia control panel options which file are you applying them to? Assetto Corsa has two exe. One is for the launcher and one is the game. I can't remember which is which
Doesn't matter, asc and AssettoCorsa are linked. Use asc to be safe.

Just been reading through all this to try and improve my VR (Rift S) although looks decent anyway, but worth a shot, didn't notice any change from changing filtering to in driver setting, but I didn't use global settings, I changed it under program settings (ACS.exe). Mucking about with the Sol filters, and not much change, slight improvement, but then some more shimmering etc, so then I decided to just turn off PP just to get a base to work from, AND OMG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it looks UNREAL with PP turned off in VR, not only is performance much better by miles, but the picture quality, clarity, and shimmering is all just 100 times better. Am I missing something here, is it meant to look better with PP turned off for VR?

I can hold the frames either way, what Im saying is side to side comparison, same settings, both acheiving full 80FPS constant for my headset, with pp on, then turning straight off, and reloading same scenario, it looks better, colours, track colour, etc etc.

But you can hardly notice other cars' brake light with PP turned off. That's |the main reason I keep it on.
Very good point, did not know that until looking into it some more, and I do love the effect of a glared brakelight especially as the light darkens. Also can you check my screenshot have I got this done correctly?

P7dbLDl.png

I have a slight problem with this and the Shutoko Revival track in VR... my left eye displays lighting/shadows differently than my right eye. It makes it almost impossible to drive at night. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Turning off the lighting fx shader fixes this, but it also turns off too many details.

• Deleted member 197115

I have a slight problem with this and the Shutoko Revival track in VR... my left eye displays lighting/shadows differently than my right eye. It makes it almost impossible to drive at night. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Turning off the lighting fx shader fixes this, but it also turns off too many details.
Known bug, fixed in CSP 1.50, but it comes at the price, performance of that release is pretty bad.

• Deleted member 197115

1.44 is the best for performance.
Left eye missing some lights at night bug happens only on some tracks like Shutoko revival. 1.50 is reported to fix that, for everyone.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back