AC 1.1.5 update - no engine sounds for modded cars

Hi there, the new AC update 1.1.5 brought new troubles with sounds of modded cars... anybody else have encountered this problem?

Thanks for the info and temp fix... however, I've noticed that now after using this file replace technique some AC cars now have no engine sound... i.e. Nissan GT-R for example. What a sad mess!!! I wish Kunos would make the updates optional (if you plan to race only offline anyway) before they destroy my experience every month. Loved AC at version 1... now downhill all the way for me from there :-(

Thanks for the info and temp fix... however, I've noticed that now after using this file replace technique some AC cars now have no engine sound... i.e. Nissan GT-R for example. What a sad mess!!! I wish Kunos would make the updates optional (if you plan to race only offline anyway) before they destroy my experience every month. Loved AC at version 1... now downhill all the way for me from there :-(

works fine with my Nissan GT-R, are you using modded sound files for the cars that are not working ?

Best fix for this game, uninstall it or disable updates when most of features works, with new updates wait until update fix number 10 released and tested by other members, this game is Super and makes me smile, thanks Kunos (Joke) :)

Total blows the nice experience for me! Never know when I will turn on my (former) favorite sim and drive. I don't want to pay to be a programmer, a librarian, a trouble shooter or a blogger! I know, I know, just don't use MODs (the thing that makes the unfinished AC interesting). Guess it is time for me to leave AC alone for a while... And to think, AC had pulled me away from my iRacing addiction but I must admit that this MESS has made me re-discover Race Room Racing Experience which has become quite good lately and a BLAST to race offline!!!

Oh BOOHOO! Kunos are updating the game to make it even better. And they've updated the part people were whining about the most - the sound.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???? Don't they know by updating the game they're taking away all the reasons for you people to moan? That's just unforgivable!

Seriously, guys. EVERY single one of you knows the game is still being developed and updates are coming. Some of them require complete replacements or redesings of some core components and that OBVIOUSLY hurts any mod that uses them. After each patch Kunos update their content, but it's the modders' job to fix their stuff. So quit yer bitchin' and just wait.

Geez... Had there been NO updates, you people would've whined about Kunos abandoning the game. But no, there's been an update... :rolleyes:

Oh BOOHOO! Kunos are updating the game to make it even better. And they've updated the part people were whining about the most - the sound.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???? Don't they know by updating the game they're taking away all the reasons for you people to moan? That's just unforgivable!

Seriously, guys. EVERY single one of you knows the game is still being developed and updates are coming. Some of them require complete replacements or redesings of some core components and that OBVIOUSLY hurts any mod that uses them. After each patch Kunos update their content, but it's the modders' job to fix their stuff. So quit yer bitchin' and just wait.

Geez... Had there been NO updates, you people would've whined about Kunos abandoning the game. But no, there's been an update... :rolleyes:

The internet classic whinning about whiners.

First don't tell me what i would have done.
Second if you must now i would be a lot more interested in getting proper race starts, AI pitstops than a sound upgrade that sounds exactly the same.

I see very bad treatment of mods, the last time they "broke it" it didn't improve anything it just forced the deletion of an entry that was already ignored by the system, this time they removed old audio banks that mods were using, the upgraded system itself didn't break anything, it's like being an a-hole for the sake of being one.
And that's ignoring modders complaints about how long it takes until they update the modders resource files (forgot what it's called)...

The cynic in me is starting to believe this is an attempt to push the value of DLC or anti piracy measures.

This update is great, because they improved the stereo part of the sounds. Before it was too mono, and some sound details weren't heard properly.

Sounds will be updated again in future, or something for the physics etc. that's part of an ongoing project such as Assetto Corsa. Trust me, you'd be more sad if AC stopped developing than you are sad now because mod cars need to be updated. There are plenty of game original cars to use until you wait for an update from the modders.

You can disable in steam library - AC properties, the automatic updates. That way you pick when your game gets updated, after you read the changelogs and forums.

Yep it will happen again, a modder in the AC forums is already talking about the way they turn features of Fmod one by one instead of doing a big upgrade.
I wouldn't be sad i would be pissed off, because what we have now is an incomplete product missing basic features, ones that this update doesn't address.

Plus i don't see the reason for no "legacy" support.

When I was really into sim racing a couple years ago I'd have no problems with browsing through long threads, blogs and different web sites all day long just to be up to date to make everything that I like to use to work. But now I mostly hang on to this title cause I think it's the quality I like to get my sim racing fix once in a while.

It's not really about any moral or standpoint issues against where mode came from or anything, it's just about that if I turn on my game and it's broke and I cant use the car I wanna drive, risk is I'm gonna get bored, because of time limit, and just stop turning on the sim.

Spontaneous thought. If the fix linked in this thread was that easy to share and install, why didnt kunos include the fix for modded car sounds in the update from the start?

When I was really into sim racing a couple years ago I'd have no problems with browsing through long threads, blogs and different web sites all day long just to be up to date to make everything that I like to use to work. But now I mostly hang on to this title cause I think it's the quality I like to get my sim racing fix once in a while.

It's not really about any moral or standpoint issues against where mode came from or anything, it's just about that if I turn on my game and it's broke and I cant use the car I wanna drive, risk is I'm gonna get bored, because of time limit, and just stop turning on the sim.

Spontaneous thought. If the fix linked in this thread was that easy to share and install, why didnt kunos include the fix for modded car sounds in the update from the start?
Because that fix shared by a member of the community is a temporary thing, since it still has the features from the previous fmod version. Kunos is still evolving fmod in AC, so that fix wouldn't make sense. The only fix Kunos could make is to not release more game (sound) updates after v1.1.4.

I know v1.1.5 is incomplete because apparently they were forced to release something yesterday because of Nissan disclaimer, so there are still things Luca was working on about sounds that weren't included in yesterday's update.

Because that fix shared by a member of the community is a temporary thing, since it still has the features from the previous fmod version. Kunos is still evolving fmod in AC, so that fix wouldn't make sense. The only fix Kunos could make is to not release more game (sound) updates after v1.1.4.

Ok but I think it's easy to not see my point, just by being very active on the forums and not relating to very many people that dont put much time into reading forums. They just bought the sim, downloaded some mods and wanna drive. I dont really care or put any effort into understanding the technicality of how it could or would be possible to work it out.

Point is that it's not long ago I had to manually put updated files into existing mods to get them to work.
The platform handling of updates and mods just isnt well thought through in the point of marketing a product aimed at a broad public.

Lets say I have some extra time to spare in a month and I wanna do a series of closed races, like a mini league or something. I just wanna get into the car on the track and practice, maybe spend a little time on setup. Many people wont take half an hour or an hour to manually download and move around individual files into different directories on their harddrive.

On the top of my head I think it wouldnt be unfair to suggest a warning option in steam before it just automatically updates, that "if you update all your mods will stop work and there is no guarantee that you can fix them easily".

I hope they continued on developing Steam Workshop, will ease the job of having modded content. Actually, all the hard work is put by Kunos and the Modders, what we are doing here is just dealing with little annoyances from time to time. And steam workshop can ease the modding distribution and the modded content updates.

guys as a quick fix before updating I backed up my sfx folder then renamed the updated one and copied the backed up one in its place, all seems fine ;)

have attached my sfx folder if anyone wants it, just drop in your content folder rename original first
<mod edit: no external download links please>
As I am new to Facebook, would you mind showing me how to obtain this file? Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back