AC 1.1.5 update - no engine sounds for modded cars

Hi there, the new AC update 1.1.5 brought new troubles with sounds of modded cars... anybody else have encountered this problem?

HERE!!!!!!!!!!
please read post 11 and you can fix all sounds for all cars
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-1-5-update-internal-sound-problem.23223/
Can you post the fix here, trying to associate my steam account with that forum is very confusing for my aging brain :( I did get my sounds back by putting a saved copy of my older sfx folder back in, but would like to read that post #11 over there.........

Thanks,
Chris Strobel
Irvine, CA USA

@Bruce Bowman, here's the link again, c/o @dreamerz: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-1-5-update-internal-sound-problem.23223/

Backup the latest/current ../content/sfx folder first then copy this over.

Can you post the fix here, trying to associate my steam account with that forum is very confusing for my aging brain :( I did get my sounds back by putting a saved copy of my older sfx folder back in, but would like to read that post #11 over there.........

Thanks,
Chris Strobel
Irvine, CA USA
The message is essentially saying to back up your ../content/sfx files and copying this set (w/c is from pre-v1.1.5) into that folder.

After copying back these files, the modded sounds for 'stock' cars should work. For 'modded' cars, there's a different procedure, unless the modders updated their sets. :)

@Bruce Bowman, here's the link again, c/o @dreamerz: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-1-5-update-internal-sound-problem.23223/

Backup the latest/current ../content/sfx folder first then copy this over.

The message is essentially saying to back up your ../content/sfx files and copying this set (w/c is from pre-v1.1.5) into that folder.

After copying back these files, the modded sounds for 'stock' cars should work. For 'modded' cars, there's a different procedure, unless the modders updated their sets. :)
Thanks for the quick reply Joel. Ok so they are essentially saying to do what I already did, do they give a link for dowloading the older sfx files for those that didnt backup theirs? I wish I could figure out how to link everything so I could participate in their forums, but my patient level is pretty low these days :confused:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Joel. Ok so they are essentially saying to do what I already did, do they give a link for dowloading the older sfx files for those that didnt backup theirs? I wish I could figure out how to link everything so I could participate in their forums, but my patient level is pretty low these days :confused:

Thanks
Nope, those files shared were just backed up by someone, perhaps like yours. It's a workaround only, since these affected mod sounds only. I posted the link in my reply above.

How Kunos killed Assetto Corsa... By making it virtually impossible for modders to support their work by forcing useless updates on them that breaks content that is not original AC - time and time again. Then modders have to keep fixing their work until they get frustrated \ demotivated and abandons the game...
Keep working on that winning recipe Kunos and don't bother fixing your crap net code or motion blur that has never worked properly. Especially with Project Cars having gone gold.
People want to enjoy a product... Not pull the hair from their heads in frustration!

Why would modders who create their cars from scratch abandon the game just because Kunos is still developing the game. Maybe those "modders" who rip cars from other games may get frustrated and abandon the game when they need to upload dozens of ripped cars again, but modders who worked a lot on their self-made content, will understand that AC is a work in progress. I'm sure the car mods also take a lot of time to be made and even after release they might get improved if the players find any problems.

Yeah this update is literally a 30 second fix for the stuff I made... uploading it again is a bit more work so holding off on that until the second part of this patch hits.

It is not at all discouraging, whereas the initial switch to fmod kinda was, since all mods lost sounds for a week or so that time.

How Kunos killed Assetto Corsa... By making it virtually impossible for modders to support their work by forcing useless updates on them that breaks content that is not original AC - time and time again. Then modders have to keep fixing their work until they get frustrated \ demotivated and abandons the game...
Keep working on that winning recipe Kunos and don't bother fixing your crap net code or motion blur that has never worked properly. Especially with Project Cars having gone gold.
People want to enjoy a product... Not pull the hair from their heads in frustration!
Another area I've been pulling MY hair in frustration in Assetto Corsa is aliasing and z-fighting. I'm running an i7 @ 5ghz on Windows 7, and went out and bought a GTX980 GPU just so I could crank up the video quality in this sim, and the only way I can make it look half way decent is by cranking up sparse grid super sampling to 8x in nvidia inspector, but then the performance is not smooth. So I have turned it back down to 2x and just drive in foggy weather so the jaggies and shimmer aren't as noticeable and it's pretty enjoyable that way, but it gets old driving in foggy weather all the time. I've spent hours upon hours in AC trying combinations of in game settings, inspector settings, graphic drivers, and different GPU's to try and quell the jaggies, shimmer, and popping track side objects all in vain. Foggy weather has been the best solution for me unfortunately. So these days I'll boot up AC and run it for maybe 30min, then exit out and fire up iRacing for the rest of the evening where the graphics look smooth and there is always some fun pickup online racing.

Another area I've been pulling MY hair in frustration in Assetto Corsa is aliasing and z-fighting. I'm running an i7 @ 5ghz on Windows 7, and went out and bought a GTX980 GPU just so I could crank up the video quality in this sim, and the only way I can make it look half way decent is by cranking up sparse grid super sampling to 8x in nvidia inspector, but then the performance is not smooth. So I have turned it back down to 2x and just drive in foggy weather so the jaggies and shimmer aren't as noticeable and it's pretty enjoyable that way, but it gets old driving in foggy weather all the time. I've spent hours upon hours in AC trying combinations of in game settings, inspector settings, graphic drivers, and different GPU's to try and quell the jaggies, shimmer, and popping track side objects all in vain. Foggy weather has been the best solution for me unfortunately. So these days I'll boot up AC and run it for maybe 30min, then exit out and fire up iRacing for the rest of the evening where the graphics look smooth and there is always some fun pickup online racing.
Maybe you could try using the DSR option in nvidia control panel, without using inspector. The ingame setting i'm using 4x aa with 16x af, and DSR on 1.20 is crispier on my 55'' TV then when using sgss in nvinspector. And you will see much higher framerates too. Try It.

Maybe you could try using the DSR option in nvidia control panel, without using inspector. The ingame setting i'm using 4x aa with 16x af, and DSR on 1.20 is crispier on my 55'' TV then when using sgss in nvinspector. And you will see much higher framerates too. Try It.

Good suggestion, but DSR doesn't work with triple monitors of which I use :(

But thanks for your kindness trying to help!

Chris Strobel
Irvine, CA

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes