AC Abarth 500 S1 @ Silverstone National - Mon October 12th, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You're welcome @John Dalton, good to have you around :thumbsup:
Last race was awesome, this was terrible :cry:
Trained yesterday and had a good feeling. Immediately could top my last time from the nice race with @Tobias Röhner :) So I was optimistic for the race :whistling: But as Tobias was even quicker than last time, I lost feeling in race completely once more :(
Felt like i was driving on raw eggs!
Had contact with @James Hemp in first corner cause I ran wide :thumbsdown:
Shortly after I wanted to overtake @James Wilson but he closed the door and left track and spun (my fault, too ambitous).
Could once more fight back to the field but then I couldn't avoid @James Wilson spinning in the big S (nobodies fault).
Poor him went wide on first corner last lap so he inherited last place ;)
In last corner I was back at the field but too late :unsure:
That is a shame, I had a blast up front, fighting off @Matheus Machado @Enzo Fazzi @rastaqki and @Ricardo Edelmann :o

A good one for me... obviously :whistling: :).
Here is the REPLAY for whoever wanted to take a look back at the race.
And my setup.
Thx for the race everybody!
See you next.
Cheers.

Last edited:
It's fine @Ricardo, I calmed down already ;)
Actually there were only very few races were I was "good" :unsure::D so I am used to that ;)
Time to drive is very limited and my talent as well :confused::D

Thanks @Geof for the setup :geek:

What's up next week?? :rolleyes::D

That was a fun race!

Did well in practice, but couldn't step it up for qualifying though :(.
The first half of the race was fantastic. There was a group of us switching places back and forth and then I had a nice battle with @Enzo Fazzi that he got the better of. Then going into T1, the car decided it wanted to oversteer and didn't come back for me like it did on EVERY OTHER LAP! That knocked me back and away from the nice group battle.

I really like these types of races with smaller cars on shorter tracks. You get to try different things to try and get by the guy in front, and if it fails, you don't lose that much space so you can try again a little bit later.

Thanks @Ricardo for setting things up!

It was fun as always, thanks to all for the race. I just watched a few laps of Geof and Tobias and I am amazed how much you gain by a good racing line and smooth driving.

Congratz to Goef for 1st place.

A good one for me... obviously :whistling: :).
Here is the REPLAY for whoever wanted to take a look back at the race.
And my setup.
Thx for the race everybody!
See you next.
Cheers.

Congratulations @Geof Your laps consistency is amazing! :thumbsup:
I would like to test your setup! Unfortunately the link does not work :( Could you please check the link and re-post it?

Another great race with the abarth! I don't know if it is the placebo effect, but with the new tyre model I believe that I can drive more aggressively without loosing control like @Fred Locklear did. Are you sure that you upgraded to v 1.3? :)

I don't know if it is the placebo effect, but with the new tyre model I believe that I can drive more aggressively without loosing control like @Fred Locklear did. Are you sure that you upgraded to v 1.3? :)

I'm better than I was previous to 1.3, but I think my real improvement was changing MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 to 1 in the video.ini file. I think I was getting input lag. I need to become more of a machine like @Geof though. I keep forgetting lines and brake points during races. On the other hand ppl like Geoffroy can race their optimal lines because they are always in the lead :)

You're welcome @John Dalton, good to have you around :thumbsup:
Last race was awesome, this was terrible :cry:
Trained yesterday and had a good feeling. Immediately could top my last time from the nice race with @Tobias Röhner :) So I was optimistic for the race :whistling: But as Tobias was even quicker than last time, I lost feeling in race completely once more :(
Felt like i was driving on raw eggs!
Had contact with @James Hemp in first corner cause I ran wide :thumbsdown:
Shortly after I wanted to overtake @Jamie Wilson but he closed the door and left track and spun (my fault, too ambitous).
Could once more fight back to the field but then I couldn't avoid @Jamie Wilson spinning in the big S (nobodies fault).
Poor him went wide on first corner last lap so he inherited last place ;)
In last corner I was back at the field but too late :unsure:

Lol why have i been tagged in this?

As to be expected, i had some major issues with the track.
Was doing fairly well, but lost loads of time in 2 corners (last turn and the "S" following the turn 1) and when you're beating your qualifying time by 6 tenths in race, then you know you have not had enough pracitce :D

All was going smooth, then i remembered i forgot to inform my g/f and tried typing a WhatsApp message - which led to me crashing into the pitwall, losing position after position as the wrecked car couldn't get to top speed anymore.

Had to drop out so rapidly after race as i was already late and had to literally jump from the PC once i crossed the finishline :)

Another race finished under odd circumstances, but at least i finished .)

Remove the leading space in the URL ;) (or the %20, whichever appears in your URL)
Tried that already, it directs me to some weird 'you're the 1000000th visitor' kinda thing.
Just got it working though, after removing, I had to add a : after the https

And now I'm left without a password...

Tried that already, it directs me to some weird 'you're the 1000000th visitor' kinda thing.
Just got it working though, after removing, I had to add a : after the https

And now I'm left without a password...

Sorry about the link, posted it too fast. Try again. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back