A3PP - Beautiful PPfilter for Assetto Corsa

Misc A3PP - Beautiful PPfilter for Assetto Corsa December 2023 (Pure 0.222+)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey there!

Having a slight issue on the pure version of the filter. Comparing photos taken using pure against photos that are using sol, the filter appears much darker at night. Do you have any recommendations to fixing this issue? Thanks so much for all of your work.

Sol - Pure -

sol.png
pure.png

Hey there!

Having a slight issue on the pure version of the filter. Comparing photos taken using pure against photos that are using sol, the filter appears much darker at night. Do you have any recommendations to fixing this issue? Thanks so much for all of your work.

Sol - Pure -

View attachment 573202View attachment 573203
You can increase photosensitivity inside pure config - pp section to boost exposure and regain brightness. You may also want increase iris maximum so more light can be captured

On my system everything seems way too dark using the settings provided (I'm using pure). There just isn't much light entering the scene. Any ideas why?

I'm running the latest CSP patreon preview with Pure 0.102 and if I use the A3PP filter, my HUD and main menu is very dark, the items are all blacker when they should be greyish. If I use the default, Pure, Sol PP filters, the HUD & main menu items appear more visible. I tried adjusting the photosensitivity, gamma, contrast, and brightness, and I can make the HUD appear brighter and more legible, however the result is the rest of the world is washed out which is undesirable. Any thoughts/help?

Top is using Pure PP filter, bottom is A3PP
pure.jpg
a3pp.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running the latest CSP patreon preview with Pure 0.102 and if I use the A3PP filter, my HUD and main menu is very dark, the items are all blacker when they should be greyish. If I use the default, Pure, Sol PP filters, the HUD & main menu items appear more visible. I tried adjusting the photosensitivity, gamma, contrast, and brightness, and I can make the HUD appear brighter and more legible, however the result is the rest of the world is washed out which is undesirable. Any thoughts/help?

Top is using Pure PP filter, bottom is A3PP
View attachment 580820View attachment 580819
It's due to White reference point that pure uses for UI. A3PP is 2 times brighter according to final exposure value than pure filter, so your UI looks very dim. It will be fixed in a future update of pure (≈ end of July)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips on how to raise the brightness of a certain PP filter in VR? I'm playing on a Reverb G2 and most of the PP filters I've tried appear incredibly dark and imperceptible in VR. Would appreciate any tips!

Does anyone have any tips on how to raise the brightness of a certain PP filter in VR? I'm playing on a Reverb G2 and most of the PP filters I've tried appear incredibly dark and imperceptible in VR. Would appreciate any tips!
Increase photosensitivity inside Pure app - PP section

Last edited:
Increase photosensitivity inside Pure app - PP section
I increased the photosen and also the max iris and it only marginally becomes brighter. Still very much a darker afair than when on Sol. This is pretty much the same across all Pure filters out there so its precisely to do with Pure and how it manages light at night.

Last edited:
I increased the photosen and also the max iris and it only marginally becomes brighter. Still very much a darker afair than when on Sol. This is pretty much the same across all Pure filters out there so its precisely to do with Pure and how it manages light at night.
It is different than Sol but it doesn't mean that picture should be dimmer than normal.
You can lower "Photosen. Daylight" so you get a bright picture at day and increase Iris min for the same effect

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.