A simple fix to make the Halo better

Please don't! Obviously, I want them both in red or both in black.
d3f5bb37d7bf29b00f5bdcb24189a861--jeweled-sandals-pumas.jpg

:)

The best european engineers running the pinnacle of motorsport dumped hundreds of millions into designing a safer car. After 2 years of hard work, crunching numbers and slaving over blueprints, these were the best solutions they could come up with.

halo-aeroscreen.jpg

A bunch of dumb, yank, hillbilly, colonials running a cheap, spec, support series for one track in Indiana sat around a BBQ with ribs and a 6 pack of light beer one summer afternoon.

04CJ6369.jpg

How embarrassing.

F1 actually tired something like that, but in testing it "wasn't up to standard", or some B.S. like that.

Here's a crazy idea to fix the HALO: replace the big fat brace in the center with two thinner ones that are a bit off to the side.

EDIT:
When I say "fix the HALO", I'm referring to the whole "limits driver view problem". I obviously failed to address the point of this article (which suggested they color them to make identifying drivers easier). Whoops.

Last edited:
The best european engineers running the pinnacle of motorsport dumped hundreds of millions into designing a safer car. After 2 years of hard work, crunching numbers and slaving over blueprints, these were the best solutions they could come up with.

halo-aeroscreen.jpg

A bunch of dumb, yank, hillbilly, colonials running a cheap, spec, support series for one track in Indiana sat around a BBQ with ribs and a 6 pack of light beer one summer afternoon.

04CJ6369.jpg

How embarrassing.
The funny thing is though, that the Shield Indycar is testing doesn't work. It only stops little debris hitting the drivers, and isn't good against large stuff like wheels and nose cones. Seeing as little bits only injure drivers, while large ones kill them, a Halo that stops the killing stuff getting through is the ideal option. The shield may look the best, but it's the worst out of all of them in terms of what it's supposed to do.

The funny thing is though, that the Shield Indycar is testing doesn't work. It only stops little debris hitting the drivers, and isn't good against large stuff like wheels and nose cones. Seeing as little bits only injure drivers, while large ones kill them, a Halo that stops the killing stuff getting through is the ideal option. The shield may look the best, but it's the worst out of all of them in terms of what it's supposed to do.

You obviously didn't see this:

At this point I suspect that Jim is getting paid by the FIA to post all of this pro-Halo nonsense. Give it up already. Anyone who hasn't yet accepted the Halo will never be convinced that it's a better solution than the Shield, no matter what agendas you try to push.

I'm so over complaints about the halo. Never really had any, to be honest. Fans should be more vocal about changes that make the racing more competitive. Who cares about the halo? We need less aero, a more level technical field, and tighter more competitive racing. But instead, the debate rages about a device meant to save lives. :thumbsdown:

I've actually totally accepted the halo as a life saving device that is completely ugly and that it is here to stay. I also am allowed to prefer the screen without having an agenda. I think with proper testing and revisions based on the results of said testing that the screen could be as good as the halo against very large objects while still protecting from the small ones.

I'm so over complaints about the halo. Never really had any, to be honest. Fans should be more vocal about changes that make the racing more competitive. Who cares about the halo? We need less aero, a more level technical field, and tighter more competitive racing. But instead, the debate rages about a device meant to save lives. :thumbsdown:
Who are you to say what the fans should do?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.