AC 911 GT America @ Road America - Monday 02 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I’ll give it a go @Craig Dunkley

funny car this, it sort of lulls you into a false sense of security, yes it is really easy to drive, next moment you are facing the other way, with a we’re did that come from look on your face.;)
Wish I knew where to start with setup - not necessarily for speed, just to calm the unpredictablity you mention Ernie.

Not knocking the mods for this car, they're both superb cars, but imo it does have a similarity with the Oreca FLM09 in braking behaviour - the 'squirming' under heavy braking and (followed by) very sudden oversteer. I'm probably doing it wrong though :laugh:

Last edited:
Locked setup could add more competition...

Normally I would agree, but not in this car. In my opinion, the default setup doesn't sit well with other Porsche 911 setups.

I'm a noob with car setups (& before anyone else says/thinks it, everything else :cry: ), but here is what I've done so far:

I've lowered the rake of the car, raised the rear ARB & removed some of the rear wing & increased the front brake bias.

Last edited:
Wish I knew where to start with setup - not necessarily for speed, just to calm the unpredictablity you mention Ernie.

Not knocking the mods for this car, they're both superb, but imo it does have a similarity with the Oreca FLM09 in braking behaviour - the 'squirming' under heavy braking and (followed by) very sudden oversteer. I'm probably doing it wrong though :laugh:

Agreed. It's uncanny the way both cars brake.

When I'm braking hard the helmet drops down in my face :confused: Very weird in VR :laugh:

Despite the changes I've made it still doesn't like touching the curbs @ T1 & T2 :( I'm also 5-6 seconds slower than I am in a GT3 car - I thought this car had a bigger engine & better aerodynamics:confused:

Just to add, both cars are great. It's just the braking behaviour that I'm struggling with.

Last edited:
@Medilloni @pattikins , agree very much with what you have said, spent ages with this car, I have tried every setup I can, even silly extremes.
All I can say is I run with 12 wing and soft rear on the back, it still exhibited it s strange trait, If the entry and power application are slightly wrong at the wrong time both rears overload instantly. As I said with a very lowered car on 85% diff power and zero wing it it still very drivable, but what I have said about the rears Is only slightly exaggerated. I think mainly due to its apparent unpredictable nature, you can defiantly set it up to be completely undrivable. Setting it up to be fool proof and always predictable has left me wanting.
So I have tried a very soft rear with a lot of rake with supple damping, easier to drive, same trait.
The whole point about this is it’s unpredictable nature, of course it’s not,
trying to exactly reproduce lap after lap is for a duffer like me very difficult.
Apart from tyre pressures and bit of fiddling that about it for setup, again to stress my point, irrespective of setup that one random moment will occur and you will be facing backwards, saying that never even looked likely from the last three or four times though this corner.
This car is crying out for a “good” TC and ABS. ( okay driver too ):redface:
Should restrain from these articles after completely getting the LMC car wrong.
All I can say is very smooth application of power seems to be the key, it’s probably after a few laps I think I am in a gt3, that’s when it seems to go pear shaped for me.
If anyone can put me right on this will be more than happy to learn.
PS, as Patrick said, curbs and power are a very big no.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Nice letters you all wrote here and everyone is right, even the direction of your setups is same as mine. And @Kek700 almost said it out loud...this car is just a B*TCH :D Even if you get perfect setup, the car just needs gentle, precise inputs. I have to say I am very satisfied with the setup right now in terms of driveability, but have done very weird things to it and I am very curious, how the others will go on Monday:)

What I really don’t get is what people from Kunos and modders community have against 911? Especially 991 generation? 997 was pretty hard to drive on limit, but 991 is night and day in real life and very complete car.

What I can recommend to anyone is the most famous thing about 911:

Slow in, fast out.

Just brake a bit earlier, get off the brakes slowly, but keep just small amount of pressure till you hit the apex. Turn it around the corner just a bit and floor it. It will be the fastest thing on next straight, no matter what you drive against (maybe Bulls or Godzilla is from time to time a bit faster). Only problem is it is soo hard to get just right :roflmao:

Really looking forward to the race, it will be fun for sure;)

*******Only problem is it is soo hard to get just right :roflmao:*******

perfectly put Tomas.

I would have posted one my twenty or so setups, all within 0.5 seconds. (which one)?
All different, all will give you a false sense of security, then you will be facing the other way when you think you have got it.

like John said, sounds like we’re all complaining, were not, it is a really good
car to tax your brain and give more insight to car set up.:thumbsup:

I was tempted to go the MoTeC route on this car, but the old grey cells are all
about done.:(
Using AC developers tool, ( most of it I am not too sure about ) all I deduced was the rear tyres both suddenly over load very easily with the immediate effect of fast oversteer, with admittedly too much power but sometimes with no real reason.
it is almost like the effect has been over programmed into the cars behaviour.
:)
If this car was going to be a permanent fixture, it would have been very interesting to Pursue, I’m sure there is much to be learnt, but as it may never reappear again it may be best to try and sort it with driving.
Exactly as Tomas described. :thumbsup:

*******Only problem is it is soo hard to get just right :roflmao:*******

perfectly put Tomas.

I would have posted one my twenty or so setups, all within 0.5 seconds. (which one)?
All different, all will give you a false sense of security, then you will be facing the other way when you think you have got it.

like John said, sounds like we’re all complaining, were not, it is a really good
car to tax your brain and give more insight to car set up.:thumbsup:

I was tempted to go the MoTeC route on this car, but the old grey cells are all
about done.:(
Using AC developers tool, ( most of it I am not too sure about ) all I deduced was the rear tyres both suddenly over load very easily with the immediate effect of fast oversteer, with admittedly too much power but sometimes with no real reason.
it is almost like the effect has been over programmed into the cars behaviour.
:)
If this car was going to be a permanent fixture, it would have been very interesting to Pursue, I’m sure there is much to be learnt, but as it may never reappear again it may be best to try and sort it with driving.
Exactly as Tomas described. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, the struggle is the best part of this car.
Yesterday I started testing ACC and it was suddenly so easy I almost didn’t like it :O_o:

I also don’t have a problem to upload the setup here, but I think the best is to figure it out by yourself. I tried that road already, but everybody has different drive style and it always made things worse. I use MoTec only to figure out camber and pressure. And in developers very helpfull is wings app, especially on circuits with such long straight to get ratio between drag/downforce right.

That is basically what I do Tomas, except I use the app for camber, ( camber extravaganza )
I have recently been drawn away from using that of late.
Not entirely convinced with respect to the different cars I have driven of late.
I am thinking of going the MoTeC route, problem is with so much information available I tend to get so side tracked, I loose the very reason I was using it in the first place.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

One more thing...stay off the curbs. It just hates them no matter what you do with the setup or which version of the car you drive in AC :(

I've found that even on a flat curb (i.e., @ turn 5) the car can be problematic, so I've had to change my approach to a lot of corners. I think that's why I'm much slower than I am in all the GT3 cars that I've tested/raced on this track :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back