AC 911 GT America @ Road America - Monday 02 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
By luck I had some spare time on race day, so I jumped into this car on the race server for the first time. I felt very comfortable immediately, so I decided to sign up.

The car felt great out of the box without big changes to the default setup (see attached setup). I used ABS but no TC. Didn't know the event was meant to use no assists.

I was having great fun in putting the laps in and drove on pole to my surprise.

Due to the lag of experience I was in doubt if a tyre change was needed, so I filled up for the whole race and wanted to see what others would do. Start went well and I kept P1 infront of @Axel Moebius, who chased me very closly through the opening laps. Later he made a mistake and my gap to P2 increased to aprox 6 seconds or so.

From the middle of the race I was really worrying if tyres would really last the whole race but no one seemed to pit at this stage so I tought I should just keep it on the track even if tyres got worse and worse.

In lap 13 or so I saw @Paulo Braga spinning into the sharp right hander after the long backstraight. He came to a standstill in the middle of the road, so it wasn't a problem to take a wider line around him on the outside. To my surprise I got kind of hooked up, when nearly having passed Paulo, so I made a spin. In the replay I saw, that @Paulo Braga started driving backwards right into me, when I was driving around him. :( Well mate, I don't put a blame on you and don't have harsh feelings. I also made similar mistakes in my "career". But I would've been greatful, if there was a little "sorry" from you here or in TS. :unsure: That's the nature of the community here - saying sorry and being forgiven. ;):whistling:

I drove on in P3, 6 seconds behind P2. Now I pushed hard to close the gap. It worked for a few laps but tyres got stressed too much and I started to make mistakes and spins. For the last 2 laps my tyres where down to zero, so I could only crawl around the circuit anymore. It was like driving on ice, so I didn't let you pass @Raresch but I had to let you pass. :mad: :p

I finished 6th or 7th I think. I'm very curious how the race would've gone for me, if I had taken half fuel for two stints including a tyre change. I think it could have been like two stints in qualy speed, opening a bigger gap to P2 in the opening stint, not getting in trouble with Paulo later on (sorry mate ;)) and finally a much lower risk of doing mistakes because of the fresh tyres...

Well a nice lesson to learn from.

thx to @Craig Dunkley for hosting this one! You're the man. :thumbsup: :inlove:
Well in my case doing pitstop meant that at least six cars lapped me.

Well, I think a stop costs around 30 seconds and I'm pretty sure I lost more due to mistakes caused by worn tyres. Not mentioning the time loss per lap.

Last edited:
By luck I had some spare time on race day, so I jumped into this car on the race server for the first time. I felt very comfortable immediately, so I decided to sign up.

The car felt great out of the box without big changes to the default setup (see attached setup). I used ABS but no TC. Didn't know the event was meant to use no assists.

Due to the lag of experience I was in doubt if a tyre change was needed, so I filled up for the whole race and wanted to see what others would do. Start went well and I kept P1 infront of @Axel Moebius, who chased me very closly through the opening laps. Later he made a mistake and my gap to P2 increased to aprox 6 seconds or so.

From the middle of the race I was really worrying if tyres would really last the whole race but no one seemed to pit at this stage so I tought I should just keep it on the track even if tyres got worse and worse.

In lap 13 or so I saw @Paulo Braga spinning into the sharp right hander after the long backstraight. He came to a standstill in the middle of the road, so it wasn't a problem to take a wider line around him on the outside. To my surprise I got kind of hooked up, when nearly having passed Paulo, so I made a spin. In the replay I saw, that @Paulo Braga started driving backwards right into me, when I was driving around him. :( Well mate, I don't put a blame on you and don't have harsh feelings. I also made similar mistakes in my "career". But I would've been greatful, if there was a little "sorry" from you here or in TS. :unsure: That's the nature of the community here - saying sorry and being forgiven. ;):whistling:

I drove on in P3, 6 seconds behind P2. Now I pushed hard to close the gap. It worked for a few laps but tyres got stressed too much and I started to make mistakes and spins. For the last 2 laps my tyres where down to zero, so I could only crawl around the circuit anymore. It was like driving on ice, so I didn't let you pass @Raresch but I had to let you pass. :mad: :p

I finished 6th or 7th I think. I'm very curious how the race would've gone for me, if I had taken half fuel for two stints including a tyre change. I think it could have been like two stints in qualy speed, opening a bigger gap to P2 in the opening stint, not getting in trouble with Paulo later on (sorry mate ;)) and finally a much lower risk of doing mistakes because of the fresh tyres...

Hi Reik!
I don't see the replay yet, at the moment i'm travel in Netherland but when i arive home i gonna see what i did wrong. Realy sory if u lose the cause me. Have a nice weakend.
Rgds from Venlo (Netherland)

Sorry Reik, but i didn't see yet the replay and i can't remember when
that happens. I hope you didn't lost the race cause my spinning.

Have a nice weekend!

Best rgds.

Sorry Reik, but i didn't see yet the replay and i can't remember when
that happens. I hope you didn't lost the race cause my spinning.

Have a nice weekend!

Best rgds.

Thanks for replying mate. To show the situation, I made a short video with 3 different angles.

Please don't take it as an accusation. I just like to show it, so everyone who watches it, can get something usefull out of it.

I learned, that I should take a wider line around a stuck car. For me it was obvious, you'd wait or clear the road driving forward to the inside (away from the racing line). Well, never trust the obvious. :rolleyes:

Oh and please continue racing with us. It's so much fun and racedepartment deserves any participant. :thumbsup:

Thanks for replying mate. To show the situation, I made a short video with 3 different angles.

Please don't take it as an accusation. I just like to show it, so everyone who watches it, can get something usefull out of it.

I learned, that I should take a wider line around a stuck car. For me it was obvious, you'd wait or clear the road driving forward to the inside (away from the racing line). Well, never trust the obvious. :rolleyes:

Oh and please continue racing with us. It's so much fun and racedepartment deserves any participant. :thumbsup:

Ok, i remember now. I tried to be fast forward to put the car outside of the track, like u said, i tried the obvious because i think if comes a faster car he do the kerb from the inside. Sorry anyway!

Best rgds.

Ok, i remember now. I tried to be fast forward to put the car outside of the track, like u said, i tried the obvious because i think if comes a faster car he do the kerb from the inside. Sorry anyway!

Best rgds.
when you spin and you have a car at less than 1-2 seconds, it's just better to stay until he pass. It's way easier for every driver to adjust for a still object than to anticipate a moving one in a direction perpendicular to his movement. Also, it's easier to control understeer outside the corner, then a tighter corner (for me at least). Also, never cross the racing line after you spun, if there are less the 5-6s to the next car.
This is what I think when I spun. hope it's correct.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back