AC 911 GT America @ Road America - Monday 02 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@t7nia

I see you join the server, using ur nickname, hence why I left you a message....you MUST use your REAL and full name only, it is in the rules. There is also a video of the rules if you prefer to watch ...both are on the first page of this thread, I can only assume you never read the rules or watched the video. You are very welcome to join us anytime, but please familiarize yourself with the rules first.

===================================

Was having a great race, but my tires were wearing very quickly, adding 2 seconds a lap almost ...my mission was to get half way before pitting, I never made half way, leaving the track and into the wall almost flat out :(

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and all the drivers that battled on for a finish :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next week [Super Trofeo @ Road Atlanta] hope to see you all there :)

There is as far as I am concerned not a setup that makes this predictable. 100% built proof, all my dozens of setup have lead to a false sense of security followed by a spin that I appear (8 times out of 10), not to catch in time.
all I can say is what Tomas said, stay off curbs.

anyway here is my race setup, not adjusted for fuel???

Wow your setup was very different from mine and i managed to do the same lap times but the car felt a lot more stable (and i finished with 50 tire wear left). But what me left in doubt was that on the race server TC and ABS were enabled compared to the practice server. Is this always the case or is this some kind of aid for the slow ones? :)

Thanks again for setting this one up, had great fun and somehow ended up in P5 (far beyond my expectations)

This was again great fun. @Medilloni , @Kek700 , @pattikins and I were fairly close in lap times. So we stayed in eachothers sight, not able to overtake without a mistake from the other. But John and I did a pitstop which was clearly the wrong strategy. With the rear tyres in yellow I found it tricky enough so I didn't even think of not changing tyres:cautious:.

So great driving for all who must have had red tyres in the last laps:thumbsup:.
But as I'm normally about 0.5 to 2sec slower than the guys mentioned above, I'm quite satisfied with myself this race:). Next week with the Lambo it will be a whole other story I expect:(.

Congrats to the podium and thank you Craig for organising.

Hi, yes I changed them, but seems not in all places. I will double check :thumbsdown:.
I have a question, at the end i saw the server was filled and was wondering if its ok to join for qualy only if theres a spot, as due to the nature of my work i just make it home towards the end of practice?

Chatting away on TeamSpeak, which is most unusual for me, no body responded, still chatted to Patrick, nothing, forgot to connect to TeamSpeak, silly old sod:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
most incident free race I have had for ages, thank heaven for TC and ABS.
Good battles with @Craig Dunkley and @HF2000 , Craig was waiting for a mistake, was very aware of that.
Han popped into the pits?, Craig had a minor off, leaving @pattikins and myself, patiently waited for a mistake from Patrick, last lap, finishing straight Patrick went sideways, i had to swerve and brake and away went Mr 911 for a spin, bugger.:(

congratulations to podium, and big thankyou to Craig for hosting the event.:thumbsup:

PS, what happened to John, he was off down the road and away.

Last edited:
Chatting away on TeamSpeak, which is most unusual for me, no body responded, still chatted to Patrick, nothing, forgot to connect to TeamSpeak, silly old sod:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
most incident free race I have had for ages, thank heaven for TC and ABS.
Good battles with @Craig Dunkley and @HF2000 , Craig was waiting for a mistake, was very aware of that.
Han popped into the pits?, Craig had a minor off, leaving @pattikins and myself, patiently waited for a mistake from
Patrick, last lap, finishing straight Patrick went sideways, i had to swerve and brake and away went Mr 911 for a spin,
bugger.:(
congratulations to podium, and big thankyou to Craig for hosting the event.:thumbsup:

PS, what happened to John, he was off down the road and away.

lol Ernie they are my tricks ...I think john was on a promise :laugh:

@HF2000 strange maybe that was why Patrick was, well not exactly struggling but not as Shure footed as in the earlier part of the race.
My tyres had at least another 8 laps in them, my lap times at the end were virtually same as most of the race.
I did consciously look after them though, when on the start lap i saw that they were only 20 laps with low grip.
I think the TC probably aided that too.

Wow your setup was very different from mine and i managed to do the same lap times but the car felt a lot more stable (and i finished with 50 tire wear left). But what me left in doubt was that on the race server TC and ABS were enabled compared to the practice server. Is this always the case or is this some kind of aid for the slow ones? :)

Thanks again for setting this one up, had great fun and somehow ended up in P5 (far beyond my expectations)

Just checked ..Race was on "FORCED" and practice server was on "FACTORY" ..both servers should have been on "FACTORY" thus it would allow you to turn off both TC and ABS, but I see no reason why anybody would want to on this car. ..Nevertheless It was a mistake.

What a race :confused::roflmao: thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing.
Thanks @Kek700 for the setup. It was so good. ;) I did test the stock a little bit and yours was way better. But i did change some things: br bias to 58, then made the gears longer, going from the last to the middle ratio. And in quali, I did change to aero 8, so that's how I got P5 after quali :p I wonder @Axel Moebius or @r!ver_cz what aero were using, 'cause they were fast :confused::confused:
After a bad start and a second sector where I still don't how we didn't touch, @HF2000 and @Medilloni, I started to chase and catch @Erik Axelsson . Felt so challenging and rewarding to finally catch him. Too bad that I was getting so close behind that I started to miss braking points and then had to catch up another 0.5s lost :notworthy: Too bad you spun, mate.
Then I've entered the pits. Still don't know if it was the best decision. Going from 4 to 10, might not worth it, but seeing how the guys started to fell off at the end, I think it might have been wiser for me to actually pit, as I did.
@Reik Major on the last lap, did you let the blue Porsche (myself) just pass in the fast right turn after the carrousel. or that was the only way for you to take the turn? I tried to stay behind and try a move on the braking zone for the last corners. I didn't want to risk an incident in that corner.
It was killer combo and I wonder, if there is anybody, who wasn’t at least once out in the woods
I think I did end up with all 4 wheels on the road after exiting the carousel. but when pretty straight and back on the black. Does it count as the woods?
I am so happy I joined the race. In the morning I was not so sure, but it was great. I did no mistake, I had some pace and felt good for me. And I've ended the race above @Medilloni, which for me it's a good result :))

lol Ernie they are my tricks ...I think john was on a promise :laugh:
Oh how I wish!

Thanks for putting on tonight's race Craig, really appreciated. One of my fave top ten tracks, just really wish I liked the car - couldn't get my head round it at all, though I guess we all have our favourites 'n nightmares:laugh:

Crazy thing is my best times for Kyalami are in the Porsche ffs :O_o: - and yes, I know, it's a 'different' Porsche :p

Oh how I wish!

Thanks for putting on tonight's race Craig, really appreciated. One of my fave top ten tracks, just really wish I liked the car - couldn't get my head round it at all, though I guess we all have our favourites 'n nightmares:laugh:

Crazy thing is my best times for Kyalami are in the Porsche ffs :O_o: - and yes, I know, it's a 'different' Porsche :p

I still have to learn the darn track ...but I am guessing the Porsche is gonna be the car to beat ...same here also, the only Porshe I like is the GTE, engine in the right place I guess.

I still have to learn the darn track ...but I am guessing the Porsche is gonna be the car to beat ...same here also, the only Porshe I like is the GTE, engine in the right place I guess.
The track is amazing, reminds me a bit of Portimao, which is challenging in a similar way (imo). Had a play with all of them in standard setup, love the Ferrari for the sounds, the C7 is a nice car to drive too, but my personal favourite, the Bimmer seems at least 1.5 sec slower so far:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back