AC 911 GT America @ Road America - Monday 02 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The track is amazing, reminds me a bit of Portimao, which is challenging in a similar way (imo). Had a play with all of them in standard setup, love the Ferrari for the sounds, the C7 is a nice car to drive too, but my personal favourite, the Bimmer seems at least 1.5 sec slower so far:(

Yes John without Bop settings she will struggle :(

Tricky circuit, finding it difficult to get any pace, requires a lot of skill, certainly not a point and squirt circuit.
Only done a dozen laps so far, still learning it, Perhaps I’m being too impatient. :(
Sorry to hear about the arthritis John, starting to effect me too, not as bad as yours
The joys of old age, and they wonder why the old folk are so miserable.
Let’s give the young folk a dose of arthritis and see how that would put an end to
the joys of youth.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The track is amazing, reminds me a bit of Portimao, which is challenging in a similar way (imo). Had a play with all of them in standard setup, love the Ferrari for the sounds, the C7 is a nice car to drive too, but my personal favourite, the Bimmer seems at least 1.5 sec slower so far:(

Yes I thought It was going to be "twisty" but know I am beginning to learn it, it flows very well :thumbsup:

What a race :confused::roflmao: thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing.
Thanks @Kek700 for the setup. It was so good. ;) I did test the stock a little bit and yours was way better. But i did change some things: br bias to 58, then made the gears longer, going from the last to the middle ratio. And in quali, I did change to aero 8, so that's how I got P5 after quali :p I wonder @Axel Moebius or @r!ver_cz what aero were using, 'cause they were fast :confused::confused:

I’ve used 1 in front and 7 in back. Here is also my complete setup, if you are still interested.

During the race I shifted the brake balance to 57. Anyway is it truth that TC and ABS was on during the race? Because I thought how well I brake without locking the wheels :roflmao:

Doing race analysis here to cure me from shame of being lapped. I was in the bushes only once and twice little of the track and keot my car intact. Drove laptimes four seconds behind leading times. So, it was the pitstop then? Rest of you drove without pitting?

Doing race analysis here to cure me from shame of being lapped. I was in the bushes only once and twice little of the track and keot my car intact. Drove laptimes four seconds behind leading times. So, it was the pitstop then? Rest of you drove without pitting?

I know the winner did not stop, but his tires (front I think) were on 0% ..crazy eh, but he has the talent.

Reactions: iwn
Just checked ..Race was on "FORCED" and practice server was on "FACTORY" ..both servers should have been on "FACTORY" thus it would allow you to turn off both TC and ABS, but I see no reason why anybody would want to on this car. ..Nevertheless It was a mistake.

Ah ok, good to know because it was the same in the Scoda Octavia Cup a few Weeks ago, so I thought that was intentional and can be expected in the future. But of course, having TC&ABS was a massive help and the reason i had no 360 at all :D

With lap times around 2.12 i had 50% tyres left at the end of the race, so no need to pit for me.

Reactions: iwn
...leaving @pattikins and myself, patiently waited for a mistake from Patrick, last lap, finishing straight Patrick went sideways, i had to swerve and brake and away went Mr 911 for a spin, bugger.:(
@HF2000 strange maybe that was why Patrick was, well not exactly struggling but not as Shure footed as in the earlier part of the race.

My tyres had at least another 8 laps in them, my lap times at the end were virtually same as most of the race.

I did consciously look after them though, when on the start lap i saw that they were only 20 laps with low grip.

I think the TC probably aided that too.

I was struggling throughout the race. I went with a completely different/bad (no toe & limited camber) race setup from my qualifying one so that I could survive the race. I don't know how you managed to finish with 8 laps of racing left in the tyres. I was expecting you to pit at the same time as Han, John & co. From thereon in, lap after lap, you were about a second behind me & I couldn't shake you off. It was like I had my very own stalker. :confused: After lap 18 I realised that your tyres weren't going to give way, and that it was important to get the last corner right in the remaining laps.

In the last lap my tyres were virtually spent and as I was turning in to the last corner of the race I could hear someone talking on teamspeak. For a split second it broke my concentration and I clipped the curb. Hence the wobble on the finishing straight. I didn't see you go off, but I guessed at the time that you were effected by it. :( I did try to talk to you about it on teamspeak, unaware that you were using monospeak :p - it''s happened to me too, so I can't judge.

What a race :confused::roflmao: thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing.
Thanks @Kek700 for the setup. It was so good. ;) I did test the stock a little bit and yours was way better. But i did change some things: br bias to 58, then made the gears longer, going from the last to the middle ratio. And in quali, I did change to aero 8, so that's how I got P5 after quali :p I wonder @Axel Moebius or @r!ver_cz what aero were using, 'cause they were fast :confused::confused:
After a bad start and a second sector where I still don't how we didn't touch, @HF2000 and @Medilloni, I started to chase and catch @Erik Axelsson . Felt so challenging and rewarding to finally catch him. Too bad that I was getting so close behind that I started to miss braking points and then had to catch up another 0.5s lost :notworthy: Too bad you spun, mate.
Then I've entered the pits. Still don't know if it was the best decision. Going from 4 to 10, might not worth it, but seeing how the guys started to fell off at the end, I think it might have been wiser for me to actually pit, as I did.
@Reik Major on the last lap, did you let the blue Porsche (myself) just pass in the fast right turn after the carrousel. or that was the only way for you to take the turn? I tried to stay behind and try a move on the braking zone for the last corners. I didn't want to risk an incident in that corner.

I think I did end up with all 4 wheels on the road after exiting the carousel. but when pretty straight and back on the black. Does it count as the woods?
I am so happy I joined the race. In the morning I was not so sure, but it was great. I did no mistake, I had some pace and felt good for me. And I've ended the race above @Medilloni, which for me it's a good result :))

You did a good job stressing me until I finally spun ;)When I saw you going in the pits I decided not to change tires and hoped for the best. I found myself in P4 and felt sorry for everyone who went in the pits. Then, from nowhere the tires was just gone and the car got totally undrivable. I spun out three times the last two laps and don't know where I ended up :roflmao:

Great race, anyway! Thanks for organizing! :)

Cannot explain the tyres, stopped using the corner grip, stopped pushing it hard from corner exit, and where
necessary backed off, using the guy in front for a very slight aero advantage on the straights when I could.
I could have easily completed another 8 laps, bit shocked to see how much tyres can be effected in AC by various factors, always assumed 20 laps meant 20 laps irrespective of any varibles.:geek:
learnt a lot from this car.:)

Lol, yes I did bugger off quickly Ernie, I'd tightened my wrist support too much (arthritis season, meh) and didn't realise my fingers were white until the last lap, wondered why I was double shifting:laugh: The things us 'more mature' peeps have to put up with:p

I've heard folks pay a fortune for a white knuckle experience & you're getting it for free :p :laugh:

Yep. What a race. Nice pre birthday present;) Did a test race with Ai's and did shitty laptimes and discovered that tirewear would not go under 50 %. :roflmao: Logged on to the server to see alien laptimes, 2.08.xxx. Oh dear:barefoot:
Loaded my race setup, which I had, after testing every setting, reverted to default. Just adjusted brake bias. More front brake. Well, that went okay. Got in the 2.08.xxx. It did a huge difference with TC and ABS offcource. Nice;)
Qualified second. Yeehaa. Off we went. Still second. After a few laps I touched the grass , and had a spin. Down to 4th, behind @Reik Major , @r!ver_cz , @Asterix . Then Hape spun and I was 3rd. The laps went by and there was talk on Ts about pitstops for tires. Haha, no way , they would not go under 50%. So I thought anyway :whistling: Laps went by and Hartnell did a, too violent lift of gas pedal spin in turn 1. Back to 2end. Felt a bit sorry for Reik, just a bit, who had a coming together with a backmarker. Then I was in front with Hape in my mirror. Actually, had Hape in my mirror all the race I think. Oh dear, with 6 laps remaining, I noticed tirewear could go under 50% Bugger:roflmao: Had 0% on the left rear tire for the entire last lap. Did survive and took the win. I did not deserve the win, but what the h..., I got it.

Thx for racing everyone. Loads of fun:thumbsup:

By luck I had some spare time on race day, so I jumped into this car on the race server for the first time. I felt very comfortable immediately, so I decided to sign up.

The car felt great out of the box without big changes to the default setup (see attached setup). I used ABS but no TC. Didn't know the event was meant to use no assists.

I was having great fun in putting the laps in and drove on pole to my surprise.

Due to the lag of experience I was in doubt if a tyre change was needed, so I filled up for the whole race and wanted to see what others would do. Start went well and I kept P1 infront of @Axel Moebius, who chased me very closly through the opening laps. Later he made a mistake and my gap to P2 increased to aprox 6 seconds or so.

From the middle of the race I was really worrying if tyres would really last the whole race but no one seemed to pit at this stage so I tought I should just keep it on the track even if tyres got worse and worse.

In lap 13 or so I saw @Paulo Braga spinning into the sharp right hander after the long backstraight. He came to a standstill in the middle of the road, so it wasn't a problem to take a wider line around him on the outside. To my surprise I got kind of hooked up, when nearly having passed Paulo, so I made a spin. In the replay I saw, that @Paulo Braga started driving backwards right into me, when I was driving around him. :( Well mate, I don't put a blame on you and don't have harsh feelings. I also made similar mistakes in my "career". But I would've been greatful, if there was a little "sorry" from you here or in TS. :unsure: That's the nature of the community here - saying sorry and being forgiven. ;):whistling:

I drove on in P3, 6 seconds behind P2. Now I pushed hard to close the gap. It worked for a few laps but tyres got stressed too much and I started to make mistakes and spins. For the last 2 laps my tyres where down to zero, so I could only crawl around the circuit anymore. It was like driving on ice, so I didn't let you pass @Raresch but I had to let you pass. :mad: :p

I finished 6th or 7th I think. I'm very curious how the race would've gone for me, if I had taken half fuel for two stints including a tyre change. I think it could have been like two stints in qualy speed, opening a bigger gap to P2 in the opening stint, not getting in trouble with Paulo later on (sorry mate ;)) and finally a much lower risk of doing mistakes because of the fresh tyres...

Well a nice lesson to learn from.

thx to @Craig Dunkley for hosting this one! You're the man. :thumbsup: :inlove:

Attachments

• R-a.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%