5 GRAN PREMIO DE BAHRAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quali: As usual not a perfect lap but good enough for pole so I was happy after quali of course.

Race: Me and Rami got away nicely and slowly started to pull away from everybody else. Like Rami said I was quicker in the start but then later in the stint the gap came back to pretty much nothing so we pitted with only about 1.5s between us. After the 1st pit I went flat out and started to make gap to Rami again. It was about 6s when I caught up with some traffic and that gave Rami the opportunity to close the gap right down. I decided to pit a bit earlier than I had thought, to avoid another traffic jam. Too bad I made a little mistake in the pits losing ~5s and also since the decision to pit was made quickly I didn't have time to check what tires to put on....Anyway I passed Rami back when he pitted on the next lap. And again I was quicker in the beginning but getting close to the end of the race Rami started to catch me again. He tapped me a bit but waited me to regain my pos so thanks for that. Then on the second to last lap after the left hand hairpin I lost acceleration (according to motec my throttle only went to 85%) and Rami was able to geet side by side with me. He outbraked himself and I could still hold to my lead. But 2 corners later still being confused about my throttle prob, I made a teeny weeny mistake and went wide leaving the door open for Rami to take advantage. I tried to get the slipstream but couldn't do anything. So I cruised the last lap to P2.

I have to admit that it is slightly disappointing to lose the because of some hw issues but at the same time I'm really happy for Rami. And to add it's the first Finnish 1-2 in STC so my that pretty much takes care of my disappointment. :D

Onneksi olkoon Rami, mahtava ajo ja mahtava kisa!!

Congrats to my teamie Iain for a brilliant 3rd place. Also congrats to our new STC driver for FO Club, Risto. A very nice first race mate. And a race would not be complete without a bit of bad luck and the unlucky driver for us this time was Ken. Cheer up, you'll get 'em next time!

Quali was ok 5 place
Race started little bit boring the guys in front was too fast and i was faster then the guys behind me. but after my first pitstop wow i came out 1 sek behind Gregory Degreef and we was fighting for position in 3 laps (i think) side by side but we never touched each other :):):) it's the kind of racing makes a lot of fun. Thanks for that Gregory
once in the race Linus Broströms name tag was infront of me but i dint see any car ???
scary not knowing where he was. I took a chance and drove about where I thought he was not. and it went well. later in the race, I saw his car so it was some weird bug

I came in sixth place in the end and i am happy for that.

Hats off to the Finnish drivers Rami and Mikko what an incredible speed you have. and grats
Thanks to the guys ho makes this competition

Otroligt att vi ligger trea i ligan det är betydligt bättre en vi nånsin trott

David, on the warm up lap I saw on my map people near the back had an issue, and Ken Bell (FOC) came on our TS and said there was contact near the back so the extra lap was indeed justified and the correct thing to do.

Giving the green flag earlier than the S/F line on the 2nd attempt in my view was better as the field was that little bit more spread out so T1 was more controlled throughout the field. There is nothing worse than 25 cars screaming down to T1 very close together with cold brakes / tyres, incidents can and will happen, as we are only human after all. Releasing the cars early I believe is the correct thing to do.

Yes..i was at the back of the grid and in first lap were at least 3 contacts in front of me...but i waited all to rejoin and stayed last on the grid....i even asked for an extra lap...it was a mess...thanks David...good job!

yep, I was responsible for knocking Ken off (deepest apologies) but having just watched the replay, I'm glad I wasn't the only who f.. up at the back of the grid, lol. So the second lap was indeed justified.

@Göran: Linus' car was indeed not visible for at least one lap, I stated in my report there a car was shown in timing 2 secs behind me but nothing showing in the mirror. Just checked the replay and it was Linus' ride. Guess it was the same lag/bug issue that knocked me out.

It really was hard luck for me, I hit a lag peak powering out of t1-3:

capture_2010-10-30_20-50-47.jpg

witness Linus and Luc, who is about to lap the two of us, already floating in the background the way cars appear when lag occurs

milliseconds before impact, my screen at that time still black so no chance to react:

capture_2010-10-30_20-52-11.jpg

and here's the HARD luck: this barrier should have been virtual styrofoam but was programmed as concrete, ripped a wheel and rear wing off my ride.
This is what happens if you through ANY of the other barriers strewn along the course (tested them just now):

capture_2010-10-30_20-55-31.jpg

But for that programming mistake, which of course nobody has noticed till now because nobody in his right mind hits that barrier ever, I would have just knocked it down. With screen coming back an instant later I would have easily recovered my ride and continued the race. Hard luck indeed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back