5 GRAN PREMIO DE BAHRAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami did you have soft or hard tires??
241nqli.jpg

it was one of my best quali... I got a bsod -> System service exception -> usbport.sys

my config:
Windows 7 x64
Phenom 2 555 X2
Asus M4A87TD EVO
OCZ DDR3 1600 Platinium
Geforce 8800 GT

If someone know the problem ....

It is not posible with GTR Evolution, no open warm up possible. Anyway we have better plans for next seassons. :)

I hope you have better luck at next races, we have just done the half of the seasson, and there is still a lot of points to race for.

F***K!!!

I got a blue screen during the warm up. Just one suggestion for next event, please let open the server during the warmup in order we can rejoin.

Lot of points lost also :( I've played during 1 week without problem, and today it reappear. i have to find what the mess with my new config.....

But i'm very happy of the result of my team mate Luc Mangas, very nice :)

race report...

Q:was really surprised with a P3...
icon_smile.gif

race: one of the very hard race that i never make...
had a very nice fight with Iain(first stint) then with Goran(2nd stint(i think)) and then with Christopher in the last stint to the end of the race. thx for that guys, was really fun!!!
icon_wink.gif

had some probleme with my engine temp and brake pedal who was braking alone but was in a good pace and finish 4th
icon_smile.gif

thx for racing guys and thx to all the crew for organisation!
icon_wink.gif

Overall the end result was not what I had hoped for. I made a a terrible qualy. I was 2 secs(!) faster on my inlap... Started back in 20th...

The race started well and I had some great fights while trying to recover positions. I made a great pass on McGregor in turn 7, I am actually very proud of that one :D After that there were no fight for a little while until Yves cought up and passed me (not really sure how I lost the place, I have forgotten :D ). I then followed him and sadly I hit him into turn 1. Not sure what happened (worn tyres maybe). I braked on my usual spot but the car wasn't even close to stop and I slammed on the brakes to try and avoid the enevitable contact. But Yves got bigger and bigger and I rearended him making him spin. I am so sorry for that. I guess I will receive a penalty for that. Anyways, the race continued and after being up momentarily in 12th I went a bit backwards after that due to different strategies. I then had massive fights in the last stint. First with Abbas. I guess he went for a top speed setup as he pulled away in sector 3 and a little in 1 but I cought him easily in sector 2. After not getting by I then decided to attack everywhere and in the end he made a mistake. Then I had both COR drivers in my rear veiw mirrors and they were quick! I defended as good as I could but I really had nothing to defend with. Fiorito got past easily but then Migliorino hit me and spun me in turn 9. I didn't lose any position (not sure if he waited or if I spun ahead of him). Abbas then passed again but he was in the same boat as me with crap tyres. I managed to hold no in the end and finished 15th.

Grats Rami and Mikko, seems like it was a close and fun fight 'till the end :D Great race to you to Greg. Good result for the team!

Over and out ;)

this season for me is just awful:

Quali went bad, missed T1 ended with a time of 2:05 sth., was 1.8 better on the in-lap, like Andreas I just read, lol. pos 22 of 25.

in warm up lap I accidentally turned a flatout club player and moved to the back of the grid to make amends, from there start went fine gained some positions and got into a good rhythm, did my first stop after 35 mins, right on schedule, stop went smoothly, rejoined and soon had a ghost following me: it said there was a player following me at 2 secs but my mirror and the map showed no such player. Also, I did not always get blue flags when I think I should have gotten them. A couple of laps later sth. hit me from behind or I hit an invisible object, the screen went black and when it came back a second later I had lost my rear wing and the front left wheel. I crawled back to the pits where the game janked me off the track. Heartbroken, two DNFs, my worst STC season ever :(

congrats to Rami, Mikko and Iain, sorry to my team, thx Xose and David for perfect organization.

Grats Rami for the win. Unlucky Mikko for the last couple of laps, but still 2nd place is a geat result for the team.

Quali - Happy with 4th place on grid. Not brilliant but good enough in superpole conditions.

Race - Had a very good battle with Gregory for the first stint, but think he was running a lower wing than me as could not close at all in his slipstream. He stopped a lap earlier than me, but his stop was alot longer than mine so I take it he put in fuel!!

The rest of the race was pretty uneventful tbh and just had to not make any mistakes.

Overall happy with 3rd as this was my first STC race in nearly 11 months, and it was a great team result.

Well done Risto as well for your STC debut for FOC. A good top 10 finish.

Thanks to you Eckhart for joiining us after such a bad luck. We were sad for your fate at the race but happy for having you with us!

@ Andreas & Gregory: Well done mates! You collected some cool points for the team!

Well it could have been better, but I have to settle with this :)

Today started with telling the team that I feel really really confident that I will pull top 5 minimun and even possibly a podium. Yeah that kind of confidence.

Either way. I screwed up my quali by flying over the curb in T3 that let me loose to many time (1.7 sec at least)....so I started P11. I knew I had a job to do to reach my goal.

Race started and saw 2 guys collecting eachother and I took the opportunity...P9 :)....a lap or 2 later saw another one spun and a freeze in front of me...P7 :)....I had to fight I FOC? i think for the position. I bit grinding, paint trading and banging, but nothing serious. P6...
Then went to the pit and came out and I notice I was in front of Greg. After another passing and some pit shuffling I was in P4. There I hold my ground until second pit, where I lost the position. It was to be but I knew I was faster. But I made a bit to many mistakes and in the end had worn out tires. Finished P5 and I am really happy with that...but always could have been a bit better :)
Grats Rami...we had great fun and like I told you...you were faster :)
at least brought the points home for the team ;)

here's my race report.

qualy: well i messed it up once more, before the session start i change my setup for the super soft and 12L of fuel, for some reason when qualy went on the tyres got back to hard so i made my qualy with them taking the 18th or 19th place on the grid when i was able to be in the top 10 with the super soft.

race: i went for the 2 stop strategy, first stint with 55L with hard tyres which turned out to be not so good, lost a few places in the opening few laps that i regain and alot more since i ran very long with that config. pitted around the 45 minutes marks and took again 55L of fuel and again 4 hard tyres. still didn,t have a fast pace then i realized that my second stop would take me around the 10 minutes mark so i decided to take a guess and stopped at the 20 minutes mark, took 20L of fuel and 4 super soft tyres, i came out the pit in 20th place but i was fast as hell on super soft and was gaining fast on the 19th place that i passed easely a few laps after my pit stop, then came behind Ross which made room and let me pass him ( thanks mate ). i was then in 18 place with about 5 minutes to go and 4 seconds behind a pack of 3 or 4 cars that were infront of me, i was able to pass the guy infront of me with 2 minutes left and i was putting big pressure on the 16th place i tried everything but ran out of time and in the final lap on the start/finish straight it was a drag race for the 16th place that i lost by only a few inches.

Thanks to David and Xosé for the race and to all the drivers in the race

Report!

Quali was about one second slower what I am able to do but 2 place was good place to start.

Race: start of the race a little afraid of the first corner but luckily for me Gregory missed the start :D Me and Mikko got a little advantage.
Mikko was a little faster with new tires, but I always gained end of the stint,First pit we maid same time but next pit I think I did big mistake becouse I went lap later I was sure I lost 5-10 sek but Mikko got some pit problem and the diffrence was about 3 sek after pit 2 two laps to go my tyres better then Mikko or that wing 5 help me,luckily for me I managed to get past to take my first stc win yes first! Thank you Mikko it was awesome drive...Double win for Finn.... Perkele!!
Grats to Chris the turbo boost 5 place ;)

I sign autographs today at RPM office. lol

Thanks to David and Xosé and all who were involved at Bahrain :)

Have been watching STC for some time and really looked forward to make my first race. Thanks to David Zafiu who let me drive for Motor AG. :)

But nothing went as expected. First I couldn't join the server due to a mod missmatch. Took me a while of trying different thing before I moved all other mods I had from the Teams folder and could join. Now I had less time to get ready, and David was feeling bad and also had problems. I had to get on Skype to send him a copy of my STC Doran folder so he could join just before Q ended. My game was running smoothly at first, but then periods of about 5-10 secs of lag began to appear. Was really strange and just hoped to be able to race despite it. Did anyone see me lagging?

My Q lap wasn't the best, but it was okey. Was really suprised to see me get 8:th place :D. I thought I would end up like 15:th or something. Don't see me as fast as these guys, but I practiced a lot for this one.

My thoughts ahead of the race was just to make an error free race and bring the car home at my own pace. The first start was red flagged. Was it because of me? I didn't want to accelerate or brake too violently, because that causes problems futher back, so suddenly the ones infront pulled out a gap after the last corner and I didn't catch up in time.

Lost a place in T1 at the start, but then just took it easy to build my pace, because the race is long. Then on the third race lap when I started to get closer to the one infront everyone dissapered and my TS disconnected. I hoped it was a temporary glitch, but I was out of the race :frown:.

Feels really bad. I think I haven't disco in a race like that ever before, so really unlucky. But that's sim racing. It happens to all of us some time.

A positive thing was David who could fight his way up the field from last position to bring home some points for the team, and that my pace was better than I could have imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back