rF2 397 GTE @ Nordschleife - Saturday 05 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What a shame, my game crashed. VR seems to have weird issues. Seems if you look like up or down the VR freezes, but the game keeps running and the computer monitor still shows everything as normal. Problem seems to be worse with GTE cars as I put in like a 16 hour stint on GT3 cars (even though it crashed in the same way there once) no problem. Today I think it crashed 3 times. Sorry for parking it on the back straight for that long rfactor2 really bogs down the computer I had to end task it. It took a while.

I was having an awesome race. Was doing 8 laps then splash n dash on hard. I was literally 500m from pits then adjusting pit stop values caused me to not look forward which caused the crash. Unlucky.

I run VR and ever since they released the recent updates, I have not experienced any issues since.

I've had that issue in VR as well before, luckily not today though! Was great racing here and I never thought I'd even had a chance at a podium but tonight I didn't make a single bad mistake (feels **** great!). Base setup on the Aston and that thing just goes, especially in the technical part of the track I was able to keep up with Juan and Gasper on the first four laps. Really sorry that you (and the others as well) crashed out of the race...

I've decided to pit early because Crew Chief was complaining about low fuel (I started with only 6 laps worth of fuel). In the end that costed too much time and the gap to Gasper was about 20+ sec after his pit stop and he was doing 8:27's afterwards!

Really enjoyed this although my wrists don't agree.

Some statistics for you to enjoy: https://imgur.com/a/8O0PnYz

Only got the track today and did a couple of hours practice, my final qualifying lap was half decent. I was surprised.

First stint was messy, start was decent and went from fourth to second but couldn't handle the pressure lol. After that many spins and even a roll....

After my pit stop, I managed three decent laps without incident. More like that required! Like to do this again, bit disappointed by the small grid this evening.

Good racing tonight, except for the person at the first corner on the first lap!!!

Had a great race, really enjoyed it ...

sorry to you guys using VR, it must be a recent issue because VR was always good in this sim? maybe it is just the track? I will look around on the official forums to see if there are any post regarding this issue..I have VR myself but dot use it when hosting.

Well I had a great battle with someone? but I do not see his name on the list lol. It was
Francesco Rocca ..does anybody know him?

Congrads to the podiums ..very well done guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A special congrads to @GEO147 the track was very new to him, he must have left the track on every lap, but he just kept going :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrads to everybody that finished :thumbsup:

@Stephen Gibb ..sorry for your troubles mate, but I just could not restart at that point :(

Cup car next week, a twitchy beast, hope to see you all :thumbsup:

Really sorry reading about all the issues people had...then again, also kinda not sorry, because it meant I could get the result I did get ;) (A lot of sheer luck went into that, though, and I also almost threw it away on the last lap.)

Congrats all, it was awesome. And thanks for the race!

Only got the track today and did a couple of hours practice, my final qualifying lap was half decent. I was surprised.

First stint was messy, start was decent and went from fourth to second but couldn't handle the pressure lol. After that many spins and even a roll....

After my pit stop, I managed three decent laps without incident. More like that required! Like to do this again, bit disappointed by the small grid this evening.

Good racing tonight, except for the person at the first corner on the first lap!!!

Paul you just do not race enough, man you have the speed for sure, but consistency lets you down everytime. If you ever decide to take it seriously, you would be amongst the fastest guys.

Does anybody know this driver, he was racing tonight: Francesco Rocca
Hi, I'm the one you are looking for ... I asked if I could take part in the race tonight ... I know that maybe I couldn't because I didn't put my name on the list !? I apologize both for my participation and for my English unfortunately I use the translator ...

Hi, I'm the one you are looking for ... I asked if I could take part in the race tonight ... I know that maybe I couldn't because I didn't put my name on the list !? I apologize both for my participation and for my English unfortunately I use the translator ...

Found you at last, just wanted say what a great battle we had ..you clearly had the pace on me but kept making a mistake, so I was able to pass ...I thought I would get you on the last lap by slipstreaming you. but on that last bloody bend before the straight I went into a darn drift.

It was bloody funny when we both went for the wrong pit entrance :roflmao:

In case it helps those of VR, ... check the cache and the game reinstall the roomtimes ... delete the jsom player file, and multiplayer, it seems the problem went away, I entered another server and without problems
I hope this helps someone:);):thumbsup:

Found you at last, just wanted say what a great battle we had ..you clearly had the pace on me but kept making a mistake, so I was able to pass ...I thought I would get you on the last lap by slipstreaming you. but on that last bloody bend before the straight I went into a darn drift.
It was really a great battle, I enjoyed myself ... you made a small mistake in the end and I moved on;).
It was bloody funny when we both went for the wrong pit entrance :roflmao:
It was really fun :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I hope to see you again soon :thumbsup:
We will meet again soon;)

I love this track so much, I could race it every day :)
Had a great race already on Friday with GT3 - went from P17 to finish P3. Yesterday was even better as regular aliens were probably at VEC and I also prefer GTE cars over GT3s.
I started with soft tires and 90l of fuel as I was on pole, otherwise I would have gone fore more agressive tactics. So my only concern was not to get tempted by the pace of Juan, Paul and Marcel. As I have no replay file I can not check the T1 situation, I hope it wasnt me who caused problems. Anyway I had to control my pace on first three laps to keep tires alive for 7 laps. The key is, not to get them to overheat. And I tell you.. it was very very hard. Juan was fast as hell and I did not know his tactics so I decided to stay with him to create some pressure and keep a slipstream on the long straight. After his mistake, it was Marcel pushing me hard, not allowing me to take any rest. On 7th lap car still felt pretty good, so I pushed to the very limit and matched my previous best lap. Took 55l and new soft tires on 23s pit stop and came out with fair ammount of advantage. Now the only problem in that kind of situation is focus. How to keep focus to the end of the race? Because Green Hell doesnt forgive any mistakes. And its very easy to make one when you start to think about anything elese but next apex. So to keep me busy I pushed even more :D Then it was donuts time after crossing the finish line. Because, as we say at Troyan Donut Automotive... a donut a day, takes a doctor away :p
Great racing, some laughing at Pauls comments almost made me crash. Thank you Craig for the event, awesome cars for this track! Pity that more people didn't show up.
@Juan Roguez How much fuel did you start the race with? You were so fast at some sectors, so sorry you crashed. I hope we can repeat this soon :thumbsup:

I love this track so much, I could race it every day :)
Had a great race already on Friday with GT3 - went from P17 to finish P3. Yesterday was even better as regular aliens were probably at VEC and I also prefer GTE cars over GT3s.
I started with soft tires and 90l of fuel as I was on pole, otherwise I would have gone fore more agressive tactics. So my only concern was not to get tempted by the pace of Juan, Paul and Marcel. As I have no replay file I can not check the T1 situation, I hope it wasnt me who caused problems. Anyway I had to control my pace on first three laps to keep tires alive for 7 laps. The key is, not to get them to overheat. And I tell you.. it was very very hard. Juan was fast as hell and I did not know his tactics so I decided to stay with him to create some pressure and keep a slipstream on the long straight. After his mistake, it was Marcel pushing me hard, not allowing me to take any rest. On 7th lap car still felt pretty good, so I pushed to the very limit and matched my previous best lap. Took 55l and new soft tires on 23s pit stop and came out with fair ammount of advantage. Now the only problem in that kind of situation is focus. How to keep focus to the end of the race? Because Green Hell doesnt forgive any mistakes. And its very easy to make one when you start to think about anything elese but next apex. So to keep me busy I pushed even more :D Then it was donuts time after crossing the finish line. Because, as we say at Troyan Donut Automotive... a donut a day, takes a doctor away :p
Great racing, some laughing at Pauls comments almost made me crash. Thank you Craig for the event, awesome cars for this track! Pity that more people didn't show up.
@Juan Roguez How much fuel did you start the race with? You were so fast at some sectors, so sorry you crashed. I hope we can repeat this soon :thumbsup:
@Gasper Zupan hello, we went to the top 115 liters, I did not know how many to replace later, but I was not going to change tires, which endured well, while not overheating, a shame the blackout of the vr made me crash and turn back, when they returned I was recovering seconds little by little but in curve 3 to 4 after the finish line, it locked again and I could no longer continue, screen locked,I love this track I could also use it every day, congratulations:);):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PD.-on Friday with the gt3 they hit me from behind, I stayed the last one, I could not finish with those from above, ... but we fought and the comeback ended with the 9th position, ... that after being the 32nd was not very bad

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea