rF2 397 GTE @ Nordschleife - Saturday 05 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Still hesitating cause that would be my rF2 online debut. With some RRE League races (and usual daily intrusions ) going on I found no time to dive into rF2 a little deeper. Guess I join the practice server (if still up) to check how I get along...and will decide tomorrow...

Cheers ;)

Haven’t seen anyone on the practice server this week so no idea how I’m doing. Going to drive the Aston and it feels pretty good but also a bit slow.

as this’ll be my first rf2 race, can someone give a bit of advice about the pit stop? Guess we’re running medium tires, should I start with a full tank (about 6 laps) and pit for tires as well as fuel?

I’m racing in VR and setting pitstop options is a bit cumbersome I expect, are any damages automatically selected in the options or do I need to do that manually? Guess I’ll have to test that later today.
If anyone has pointers about setting up the car feel free to let me know. It drives pretty well and predictable with default setup although a bit oversteery in low speed corners but easy to catch.

Looking forward to it!

Low downforce or standard? What is faster here? I don't have lot of experience yet with GTE cars in nordschleife.
Low downforce is really for Le Mans only. For other tracks (Nurbs included) you should use standard.

as this’ll be my first rf2 race, can someone give a bit of advice about the pit stop? Guess we’re running medium tires, should I start with a full tank (about 6 laps) and pit for tires as well as fuel?
I would recommend soft tyres and changing them. Soft drop off after a few laps but then their time is similar to what you get with mediums; and they don't wear faster as it would be logical. On the subject of tyres, you can safely just put the lowest pressure you can; that will give you the best grip. Not really realistic but that's the way rF2 handles tyres...

I’m racing in VR and setting pitstop options is a bit cumbersome I expect, are any damages automatically selected in the options or do I need to do that manually?
You can set fuel in the garage and save it with your setup. I usually prefer to start with a full tank, hat way the stop for refueling is faster; maybe it's me but I can't make up the time if I start with a lighter car. You have to set tyres change on the fly in the pitstop onboard menu but you can do it before the start. Repair is turned on automatically if you get any damage but since we use a pretty low damage setting on the server, you should rather turn repair off just before entering the pits; that will be on top of the pit menu if you have any damage (unless the car feels damaged of course, but usually that shouldn't in a club race).

Seems once again I'm not destined to race this track (missed the GT3 race yesterday), so I need to dropout as well (although I don't think @Craig Dunkley got around to registering me yet). I have a gig tonight and soundcheck got moved to race time :(

Good luck to all and remember to take it easy; this race is not for the swift but for the survivors :D

I have to sign out :ninja: didn't notice that there's some new Aston Martin to buy and I'm not racing frequently enough to justify buying it.
Plus my hands, legs, feet, eyes and brain are hurting from yesterday, lol :D

It was a shame tonight, after blocking at the exit and staying 7 or 8 I think, we go back little by little (I feel the incidents at the exit:(:thumbsdown:) until we reach Zupan, when we could overtake him you were keeping tires, until I freeze the screen for the first time, and we hit the wall and appeared looking back:mad::mad::mad:, there I lost the 1st position and went down to the 3rd place:(, but going through the finish line, between curve 3 and 4, the screen froze again, now did not come back:(:(:mad: ... a shame ... congratulations to all the participants especially the good podium, Gasper I can not write with VR, it costs me a lot for that reason I do not congratulate you on pole 068 thousandsimas hahaha, I had a great time while the race lasted for me:);)See you next time;):):thumbsup:

PD.-I'm sorry if the translator doesn't do it all right

Last edited:
What a shame, my game crashed. VR seems to have weird issues. Seems if you look like up or down the VR freezes, but the game keeps running and the computer monitor still shows everything as normal. Problem seems to be worse with GTE cars as I put in like a 16 hour stint on GT3 cars (even though it crashed in the same way there once) no problem. Today I think it crashed 3 times. Sorry for parking it on the back straight for that long rfactor2 really bogs down the computer I had to end task it. It took a while.

I was having an awesome race. Was doing 8 laps then splash n dash on hard. I was literally 500m from pits then adjusting pit stop values caused me to not look forward which caused the crash. Unlucky.

Last edited:
What a shame, my game crashed. VR seems to have weird issues. Seems if you look like up or down the VR freezes, but the game keeps running and the computer monitor still shows everything as normal. Problem seems to be worse with GTE cars as I put in like a 16 hour stint on GT3 cars (even though it crashed in the same way there once) no problem. Today I think it crashed 3 times. Sorry for parking it on the back straight for that long rfactor2 really bogs down the computer I had to end task it. It took a while.

I was having an awesome race. Was doing 8 laps then splash n dash on hard. I was literally 500m from pits then adjusting pit stop values caused me to not look forward which caused the crash. Unlucky.
that happened to me, when I went first:poop::poop::poop::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%