rF2 397 GT3 @ Nordschleife - Friday 04 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The 10% damage rule was really cool. You get random oversteer or crash, no worries. Just get back on it. Sure it is not realistic but i mean what is the fun in preparing for a race only to be mechanically damaged lap 2 because of random oversteer. You already take time penalty why add mechanical penalty.

110 minutes is not long enough. Just imagine a 24h event on 10% damage. That would be epic. You get plenty of room for random crashes, but can still compete. Games these days must have a comeback mechanic or people just stop playing.

Another thing to mention. 40 sign ups and I think 31 people showing up is something I really dislike. If you can't make it or change your mind just say it. Not showing up when you are signed up is unfair for everyone else wanting to race and being on reserve. If you don't show up when you are signed up I personally would hand out a 2 to 4 week sign up ban...

@Max Melamed The Corvette definitely is up there with a right setup. It somehow doesn't eat the tires at the rate the faster cars do.
Porsche can only be quick if the track has corners constantly. I had to run the rear wing at position 14 which is higher than default, otherwise the rear would take off on top of hills. Overtaking becomes almost impossible. Audi is also bad in terms of pace but it's a nice drive. Mercedes is a slightly slower version of Corvette with little bit of unpredictableness but it can be good in very tight tracks. I might test the Radical next time to see if there's anything to write home about. Propably not.

The 10% damage rule was really cool. You get random oversteer or crash, no worries. Just get back on it. Sure it is not realistic but i mean what is the fun in preparing for a race only to be mechanically damaged lap 2 because of random oversteer. You already take time penalty why add mechanical penalty.

110 minutes is not long enough. Just imagine a 24h event on 10% damage. That would be epic. You get plenty of room for random crashes, but can still compete. Games these days must have a comeback mechanic or people just stop playing.
Oh btw Werner, not sure if you heard me on TS:
Sorry for the push into your rear end through Mutkurve the lap before you pitted. You lost the rear just a very tiny bit and I couldn't do anything but hit you and then let you continue in front of me.
Hope you don't mind and enjoyed our battle. I surely did! :)

Oh btw Werner, not sure if you heard me on TS:
Sorry for the push into your rear end through Mutkurve the lap before you pitted. You lost the rear just a very tiny bit and I couldn't do anything but hit you and then let you continue in front of me.
Hope you don't mind and enjoyed our battle. I surely did! :)

Yea that was not your fault, I was going to crash either way. You were so close you had nowhere to go. To bad of your overseer crash on lap 3 I think. That is where the awesome battle really ended.

If I actually managed to catch that slide (which is impossible) the decompressing suspension would have thrown me off anyway. Highly annoyed by that bizarre oversteer. I was even talking it easy that exact corner because I crashed some corners before with the exact same strange persistent mini oversteer that hits out of nowhere for no logical reason that I can determine. I mean I was specifically taking it easy and running higher wing (3 clicks!) that I could easily manage and still it happened.

Last edited:
Yea that was not your fault, I was going to crash either way. You were so close you had nowhere to go. To bad of your overseer crash on lap 3 I think. That is where the awesome battle really ended.

If I actually managed to catch that slide (which is impossible) the decompressing suspension would have thrown me off anyway. Highly annoyed by that bizarre oversteer. I was even talking it easy that exact corner because I crashed some corners before with the exact same strange persistent mini oversteer that hits out of nowhere for no logical reason that I can determine. I mean I was specifically taking it easy and running higher wing (3 clicks!) that I could easily manage and still it happened.
Absolutely! I could brake or go full throttle while cornering totally stable but if I dared to just lift the throttle.. I instantly started to slide no matter the pre-load setting...
Did some drifts through the Mutkurve due to it and sadly wiped myself out massively in lap 3 when I lifted through the double right-hander of Flugplatz to "play it safe" while following...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea