rF2 397 GT3 @ Nordschleife - Friday 04 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Me and another guy mentioned that 40 AI cars on this track are basically overloading all memory on our PCs. 8gb vram and 16gb DDR are just full to their maximum and it's causing some stuttering.
That's probably why Craig decided to lock the event and not re-fill the grid if people sign out or don't show up.

For me the game runs stable even with full memory but I'm only using 60 fps with gsync and most of the times having plenty of performance headroom...

But there's the gte event tomorrow and Craig already stated that there will be another GT3 Nordschleife event soon due to the high interest shown :)

Yes Rasmus you are spot on :thumbsup:

I had a few seconds of complete freeze on the start finish line... lucky for me.

@Jens Roos I'm really sorry for the touch. I thought I left enough space there. Your car sure was very very wide :) At least I had some action for a few laps :thumbsup:

Great track, great race... next race with day/night cycle?

Big sorry to @Spaldinio for what happened at the end of döttinger Höhe.
Crew Chief said all clear and I was focused on the guy in front following him in slipstream.
I was aware that you were there, but I didn't thought you gonna be that close.
Anyway... Sorry mate.

Thanks to everybody and especially the admins for the race...

Jeez that was tough, very tough, well for me anyway..I am so pleased that I managed to finish.

Had a few good battles along the way, I went over the finish line with 1 litre of fuel left.

Congrads to the podiums, great pace :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to all the drivers that managed to finish :thumbsup:

If you want more of the Nords? join us tomorrow, plenty of spaces left :thumbsup: if nor then I hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

I had a few seconds of complete freeze on the start finish line... lucky for me.

@Jens Roos I'm really sorry for the touch. I thought I left enough space there. Your car sure was very very wide :) At least I had some action for a few laps :thumbsup:

Great track, great race... next race with day/night cycle?

Not tried this track in the dark? some are good some are bad.

No problem, much action last lap, to be honest I think double entry at the final corners around 280 makes all cars wide :D I take my share of that contact, if not final lap one might done different :whistling:

Thanks RD for hosting this event, great stuff :cool:

@Max Melamed Why you were so close to me first half of the race, I was saving fuel from lap 3 to get my stint to 7 laps, after pitting I was still saving fuel till 3 laps before the end then I realized I was one lap over target and pushed last laps, you also did big mistake with not changing the tyres

I wanted to experiment and try the Merc at this track and I only run 2 wing which was painfully low. I also tried to double stint mediums which were ok actually. I just managed to hold off Roguez and Martinez to finish 8th from 18th. No major mistakes and feel like I know the track a lot better Thanks for letting me join last minute and thanks to the host

Last edited:
I wanna say sorry to Jonas Windey(@Jasje) for crashing from behind going into the pits before the last lap. And also for then to mistake you for Steve Kenwood and waiting for him to pass me instead of you!
I’m so sorry! I got the two corvettes mixed up! :(

Last edited:
@Jasje sorry for the scrap in the very last chicane in the last lap. I've just watched the replay from all angles and I have no clue if that was okay or not.
I'd judge it no fault to anyone. Hope you agree :):inlove:

What a freaking glorious last lap though! Pitted a bit shorter than you and mistook you for one of the guys further behind that didn't pit, lol.
Casually drove around for half a lap until I realized you were one of the guys in front and that you meant serious business :barefoot::confused:
Did a mistake, then took some bites of your rear end until the long straight.
Overtook you, then you went side by side with me again.. Through the first corner.. And then stayed on the throttle.. Bloody hell :roflmao:
Since we had 15+ seconds behind us cleared I thought "screw it" and we went side by side into the braking zone...
I let you get in front but you braked a bit too much.. Tried my luck around the outside in 1st gear and we came together.
You hit me, I hit the wall, we both went down to the finish line. You right behind me.

Btw if you wonder why you aren't listed as 8th in the results:
Apparently you got a penalty earlier and didn't serve it. 35s were added to your race time :(

No names in the video and I think it's just a really nice battle so here's the video:

@Max Melamed Why you were so close to me first half of the race, I was saving fuel from lap 3 to get my stint to 7 laps, after pitting I was still saving fuel till 3 laps before the end then I realized I was one lap over target and pushed last laps, you also did big mistake with not changing the tyres
Your win was inevitable but it was all part of the plan to not let you have it easy.
Just joking

Your win was inevitable but it was all part of the plan to not let you have it easy.
Just joking

Yes not changing tyres was a mistake. I thought the mediums were gonna make it easily. Lesson learned. Anyway was a great battle with you @Henri Sinik for a couple of laps. Closest racing on the Nords I had in months. Just a bit less tapping my rear would be fine next time . I kept it clean aswell.

Next time I will try a car a bit more fuel efficient, with the bop right now the corvette is super quick but just can't make the 7. Lap with a normal pace.

I guess I have to give my old friend the Porsche and my new love the Audi another shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back