27inch Triples 1080p or 1440p??

Have always played on single screen but now have moved house and now have the room for triple screens. Slightly concerned on 1440p triples about FPS i wanna kind of run at 120fps

My PC has recently been upgraded to i9 10900K and the RTX 3090

The sims i mainly play are Iracing and ACC.

Want to know what people thoughts are and what monitors to go for? (flat or curved)
And what typr of panel IPS, VA etc

thanks

I love how all these YouTubers feel the need to justify their insanely expensive toys as being 'for the channel'. Dude, we both know you bought it because you wanted it and that's fine. Having triple 65" screens and a direct drive makes zero difference to the viewer after you've posted one initial review video.

Yes I'm jealous.

Upvote 0
Must say - I was thinking of getting 1440p once a upon time (6 months ago) and plumped for triples 1080p 27 inch instead, and oh my, it looks fantastic with high FPS.

After using a Philps 4K TV which I thought was good I've come to the conclusion it was crap and it 's the quality of the monitor that counts as much as the resolution i.e my 1080p triples look far better than the 4K TV and to boot my response rate is lightening quick compared to TV. Maybe it's the built in HDR and the smaller pixel density but it looks awesome. And if I wanted I could use DSR and up it to 4K anyway (I think - but I don't need to tbh) with a much more powerful graphics card in the future. (Current card RTX 2070 Super)

Dunno if this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfectly fine is with settings on medium to high and still have 100% resolution scale I get around 70-80fps.

So to put this in perspective I will give you my pc parts and the possible gains to have still with the latest CPU and GPU.

btw those specs are in my sig 2.

AMD 3700X
3200mhz memory
1080ti EVGA Kinpgpin
All running base speeds aircooled.

Monitor LG 27GL850 so G-Sync enabled !

The new AMD cpu's for instance 5800X will give me around 20fps increase in most simracing titles due to being so much better at single thread performance.
The new 3080 card will nearly double my GPU power

So you can imagine you can run over 100 fps on med to high settings then and you can even go epic and that on a 1440p resolution x3 !!

You can pick up all this info from people who tested these parts and the several games.

So yeah get 1440p imho, it does look better especially sitting only 50-60cm away from your screens !
Another reasoning is that those monitors will last many years ( 10 + ? )

Unless you will never buy any endgame pc parts...go for cheaper option 1080 and pc parts won't have to cost a fortune neither. All a matter of what you want to get out of your hobby and how much you are willing to spend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfectly fine is with settings on medium to high and still have 100% resolution scale I get around 70-80fps.

So to put this in perspective I will give you my pc parts and the possible gains to have still with the latest CPU and GPU.

btw those specs are in my sig 2.

AMD 3700X
3200mhz memory
1080ti EVGA Kinpgpin
All running base speeds aircooled.

Monitor LG 27GL850 so G-Sync enabled !

The new AMD cpu's for instance 5800X will give me around 20fps increase in most simracing titles due to being so much better at single thread performance.
The new 3080 card will nearly double my GPU power

So you can imagine you can run over 100 fps on med to high settings then and you can even go epic and that on a 1440p resolution x3 !!

You can pick up all this info from people who tested these parts and the several games.

So yeah get 1440p imho, it does look better especially sitting only 50-60cm away from your screens !
Another reasoning is that those monitors will last many years ( 10 + ? )

Unless you will never buy any endgame pc parts...go for cheaper option 1080 and pc parts won't have to cost a fortune neither. All a matter of what you want to get out of your hobby and how much you are willing to spend.

Well 70-80 fps for me is way too low.
FPS makes a huge difference in performance (time/lap).
If you are here just for a beautiful picture with low FPS, that's another story.

I just want to make it clear that with triple 1440p and "ok" settings you won't be near 144 FPS in ACC.
Triple 1440p is over 11 million pixels and almost 2x the pixels for triple 1080p.
Therefore, you could just go 3x 1440p screens with 60-75hz instead and save alot of money (for reference 3x 27GL850 in my country is 1800 dollars).

There is a lot of 3080/3090 tests in YouTube so just go there to find out triple perfomance.

Me:
3080 OC
3600 mhz CL 14
Single 49 inch but rendered as tripple
60% high 40% epic
140 fps locked (+g sync)

Would love a triple 1440p setup but ACC is so freaking demanding. For other sim titles it's another story.

Upvote 0
Must say - I was thinking of getting 1440p once a upon time (6 months ago) and plumped for triples 1080p 27 inch instead, and oh my, it looks fantastic with high FPS.

After using a Philps 4K TV which I thought was good I've come to the conclusion it was crap and it 's the quality of the monitor that counts as much as the resolution i.e my 1080p triples look far better than the 4K TV and to boot my response rate is lightening quick compared to TV. Maybe it's the built in HDR and the smaller pixel density but it looks awesome. And if I wanted I could use DSR and up it to 4K anyway (I think - but I don't need to tbh) with a much more powerful graphics card in the future. (Current card RTX 2070 Super)

Dunno if this helps
Which 27-in 1080p HDR monitors did you purchase, please?

Upvote 0
It's a Benq media entertainment monitor with an IPS free sync 75hz screen, the model I don't know off hand - 75hz is what I regard as lightening fast and high frames when coming from 50hz TV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I currently run triple LG 1440p 144hz GSync 32" Monitors on a RTX 2080Ti with a 9900k. I pretty much sit a rock solid 62-70fps with mostly high settings. With GSync or varible refresh rate it looks amazingly smooth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had only ever used a single samsung g9 49" 1440 ultrawide, until I tried VR which introduced me to so much more visibility on the sides which you just don't get with a single screen. Its a shame that I can't handle VR for any longer than 45 mins at a time so am thinking to upgrade to a triples setup.

Since I already have the g9 I am considering getting two 27" g7s for sides. Specs on Samsungs website suggest they have almost exactly the same vertical viewable screen dimension, potentially some differences in brightness but that might be addressed by turning down brightness on g9 a tad bit. What I am not sure of is the HDR 600 vs HDR 1000, will it create much of a difference, noticeable?

G7G9

• Screen Size (Inch)26.9
  • Active Display Size (HxV) (mm)596.736 x 335.664mm
  • Screen Curvature1000R
  • Brightness (Typical, cd/m2)350cd/m2
  • Peak Brightness (Typical)600 cd/㎡
  • Brightness (Min, cd/m2)300cd/m2
  • Contrast Ratio Static2,500:1(Typ.)
  • Dynamic Contrast RatioMega ∞ DCR
  • HDR(High Dynamic Range)VESA Display HDR 600
  • Screen Size (Class)49
  • Active Display Size (HxV (mm)1191.936(H)*335.232(V)
  • Screen Curvature1000R
  • Brightness (Typical, cd/m2)420cd/m2
  • Peak Brightness (Typical)1000cd/m2 cd/㎡
  • Brightness (Min, cd/m2)300cd/m2
  • Contrast Ratio Static2500:1(Typ)
  • Dynamic Contrast RatioMega DCR
  • HDR(High Dynamic Range)Yes HDR1000

The other consideration is ditching the g9 altogether and getting 3 x g7 32" like this guy

His setup seems nice and I am convinced that 1000r curvature does not cause a distortion issue, but it has a slight issue with climbing into the seat due to the aggressive semi-circle which he mentions in another video (below), not clear if that’s because he’s got too aggressive of an angle to accommodate his asus bezel free kit. Nevertheless I am thinking this would be solved by using the g7+g9+g7 setup I am considering.

I am mainly in iRacing and will run this setup with a 3090 without using Nvidia Surround but instead making config edit in iRacing.

Thoughts?

Yes, way too much money spent on sim racing this year... :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back