rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Norisring 2009 - Monday August 1st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Waste of an evening really....how many people now racing didnt sign up by the way. Bit of a pain for someone who signed up 2nd :(

Maybe admin should restart the weekend and ask people to leave?

Sorry guys about the issue. It did not occur during testing and I was using one of those garage spots in testing. Going to try something for race 2. I will let you know when you can join the server. :)

a good race1 for me, though could have been higher up if not for some contact from behind and a lack of concentration on the final lap costing me 10th.

Race 2 was going ok, an ok battle with chris but i couldn see him and it went a bit pear shaped. shortly after again i lost concentration received a puncture putting me back to 15th (last) with a big gap - i gave up and retired.

i had fun, and sorry chris - i need to work out how to change my fov or mirrors - then i can give you more space next time.

Well someone should talk to the devs of this track... that was rather a silly bug with those dqs. I'm sorry for those who got struck by that. Anyways, not a good performance by me. Speedwise I was the slowest on a track that I know pretty well. Didn't find my rythm today. At Barber (Birmingham) there were at least like 6 guys slower then me xD

Was a good race overall. Thanks to Kjell's set I set a pb lap in qualifying with a 55 flat. Qualified 10th and was fairly happy with that. Actually felt I could have gone faster if I had more practice with the set.

Started 7th due to a few people DQing and after the first lap shuffle surprisingly found myself around 5th. Gradually got overtaken by Ole. Around lap 6, I locked my brakes and accidentally dive bombed Ole. I was headed straight for him but fortunately he didn't turn the corner yet so I just aimed for the corner (sorry again about that Ole). Managed to miss him and not spin out. After that mistake Andy passed me. From then on, the race was fairly uneventful (but still tense for me). Just concentrated on trying to stay with both Ole and Andy. Ended up finishing 6th and my best Race Department finish ever :)

Race 2 was a disaster. Everyone went wide and I tried to avoid as many people as possible then I got turned by Chris Butcher. After that, I made a mistake trying to gain time in the final hairpin and completely screwed my car. I figured I might as well toot around and finish as I might still gain a few positions. Finished 11th by default.

Personally I wished this was a Clio Euro Series race lol

Thanks again for sharing your set Kjell, it made all the difference :) Thank you Adam for organizing this event. Was an absolute joy to participate in and thanks for all the participants for keeping it relatively clean.

First tim with 207' and I wwas realy surpirised by my pace-this track is one of my least favourite. In praccy in top 5!

Q1-I couldnt get my pace but still 7th

R2- I had this DQ issue, so no race...

R2-Starting from the amlost last place and I couldn't see the lights and jump start-so drive through....
After my penaulty I was trying my best to climb up I was doing permanently times similar to my qualy times, so was able because my pace overtake some guys, and some cause their problems/mistakes. Finished 8th, so after starting the race after 1st lap frome the end its not so bad, but I hadn't realy any close hard battle....but all fitgts must admit very clean and fair. Cya next time guys.

You cut straight across my nose. I had no chance of seeing you.

I was taking a shallow exit because there was someone else already to the wall on my outside. I was pretty mad and was set on protesting after the race. But after watching the replay from your cockpit I'm going to let it go. Only seems like a racing incident from your perspective so no hard feelings i hope :)

Good fun tonight, managed to find a nice setup and found that all the time was in the middle sector, slow in fast out......

Got pole, had a good start in race 1 and had a nice battle with Pedro, managed to overtake him and pull out a little gap, started to put some nice laps in and managed to get into the high 53s, I continued to try and put hot laps in until I hit the wall and lost the lead, car was badly damaged and only got 3rd in the end, silly me.....

Race 2 was better, stated 8th but was 2nd after t1, chased down the leader and passed him, this time it was a more relaxed run to the flag for the win.

Hopefully people wont continue to chat in the race for the next round as it was annoying, especially as one person did it in both races after being told to stop......

A little picture I made.....

rFactor2011-08-0123-20-07-25.png

Im pretty sure the admin on the night mentioned before the race that there should be no chat once qualifying/race had started.

Surely you don't need help in understanding that it might be distracting/annoying to others when another driver is typing rubbish while everyone else is trying to concentrate.

I seem to remember you making a comment after someone passed you, if you have an issue with another persons driving, please use the correct channel to report the incident.

Typing during the race will not change anything.

o i think it was me sry but it was not anything about that when i look at racingrules so i thought it was ok

Taken from the opening post of this thread:

3. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

I shouldn't need to say it again during the night and I know it wasn't only you Kjell. Hopefully the people who did chat during the race (they know who they are) will not do so in future events otherwise I will have to take further action. It can be distracting for other racers who are concentrating in their own battles.

Quali: Did a PB and took 6th, couldn't get any more out of the car to be honest.

Race 1: Got caught up with the faulty garage spots and therefore got DQ'd. Restarted the race a couple of times before the countdown expired to give me chance to think of a solution but nothing that was simple came to my mind. About 5 minutes in, I remembered the other version of the track had just enough spots to fit all 24 of us, but couldn't guarantee that it didn't use the garages outside of the pits.

Race 2: Switched to the new track and everything was fine. Started 18th and was up to 13th by the time I got to turn 1. Continuously picked off people in the midfield and sat in 4th after around 5 minutes. Chased hard to catch James who was 2 seconds ahead and was making ground gradually until I shifted into 1st going into turn 2. It cost me half a second so I pushed even harder to gain the time back and ran wide at turn 1 on the following lap. The time I gained was now wiped out and more. I went back to how I was driving and made back a second but never got close enough to challenge him. Finished 4th.

Thanks guys, and apologies again to the people affected by race 1. :frown:

Cheers for the fun second race guys (made up for the DQ in race one :) )

Went from 20th to 9th in the first lap i think then made a couple of errors at the same place 3 times (the right after the first hairpin) but managed to come in 9th :)

Thanks for the admin Adam...i could see you were between a rock and hard place after the 1st race pit issue

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back