rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Grand Valley East - Monday November 7th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for all the set up help guys much appreciated
Race finshed 9th and 7th Not too quick but i'd say consistent(ly slow).
I loved this track after hating it for a bit, the two corners leading up to the tunnel...awesome.. despite that bugger of a crest.
Was sandwich in the second race up to the first corner but hey wasnt too bad :)
Bit lonely at the end of the second race though..
Overall great fun.
Thanks Adam and RD.

Not a bad night.

Qualy = Messed up my first two laps. Managed to complete a lap and got 10th, which was my target.

Race 1 = Gained a position at the start as Seth had a slow start and going into Turn 2 (Hairpin), the back end jiggled about. I managed to control it before turning in but then Seth just drove straight into me sending me into a half spin, Ole has nowhere to go and we both end up in the air. I carry on, now in last and gain a few positions from crashes before crashing myself at Turn 4. Was now at the back of the runners. I caught up Kyle after he made some mistakes, I tried to overtake into the right hander after the tunnel but I backed out of it, later on, I get a good run out of the final corner, I slipstream Kyle, then I go to his right but at Turn 1, he just goes forward and he ends up in the wall as I have to turn left to make the corner.

The rest of the race wasn't so good, at the final corner, I went wide, hit the wall gently but went pilling into the pitlane after hitting another wall on the right. Just managed to avoid the blue tyres. I had to trundle down the pitlane hoping I wouldn't get a drive through penalty for "spinning too quickly into the pitlane". Was hppy as I didn't but I had some suspension damage, after a couple of laps of sliding around and slight contact with walls, I came to pit 2 times in 2 laps, the 2nd of which, I decided to stay in the pitlane for 3 laps to be safe :p. Finished 10th.

Race 2 = I accidently pressed my paddle shifter too early, even though I stopped ASAP, I still received a drive-through penalty. I was in 9th place on the first lap but dropped back after my penalty. The rest of the race was like a practice session. Getting faster and faster through certain corners and I managed to get a 1:12:5 with race fuel/tyres. 0.7 faster than my qualy time. I was even catching up Dave but it was impossible to gain 30 seconds :p Got lapped. Then on the penultimate lap, Wayne spun on the "corner that shall not be named" and I just managed to avoid the car in the smoke. Finished 9th and I was really pleased with my race pace, consistancy and how much I had learnt in Race 2.

Really enjoy these cars and the track. Perfect track for the cars and one of the most enjoyable events I have participated in at RD. Thanks RD, Adam and The rest of the crew.

Race 1 was brilliant and got my first 207 Podium woohooo, had Franco all over me towards the end of the race but just managed to hold him back...great battle mate.

Race 2 made an awesome start and got up to 3rd from a start place of 5th...got a bit excited following my old mucker Wayne and clonked the wall....steering then went to 2 oclock and was undrivable, real shame as i was looking forward to the race.

race 1 outbraked myself turn 1 but still had a great race,well done stephen for podium

race 2 had a cracking race with eike but was to tight into the ist corner again and made a mistake,and dropped back

and done the same thing with adam later on in the race

great night thanks adam

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back