2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship | PACK

Skins 2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship | PACK 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just a note for both BMW M Hybrid V8. The body skins are right for both cars, but the cockpit are both wrong because it is the same for both cars and with wrong mirrors combine:
- 24, lateral rear mirrors should be blue, instead they are red (left one) and bare carbon (right one)
- 25, lateral rear mirrors should be red, instead they are red (left one) and bare carbon (right one)
Finally, windscreen benner should be blue (24) or red (25).
However, thank you for this great mod!
Hi there, could you specify this? For me they show the correct colours. #24 blue.jpg#25 red.jpg

Is making skins for the two extra BMW GTPs into Acura skins possible? I feel like it would be a good substitute.

Amazing work on the skin pack :thumbsup:
Hi, we're glad that you enjoy our pack! For now we decided not to do liveries for brands that are not in the game and put them on other cars.

Firstly, we're no big fans of having Lambo liveries on a McLaren for example and Reiza also hinted that there might be more cars on their way into the GT3 Gen2 class in future updates. We will then update our IMSA pack with skins for these new cars/brands and maybe even classes (fingers crossed for LMP2 and LMP3 :D).

Last edited:
So this entire carset has worked flawlessly for me so far and it's been amazing being able to run realistic-feeling IMSA races! The one problem I've had though is whenever I try and add another class into a race with these cars.

For example, if I'm just running a race with GTP and GT3 cars, it all works fine, and all the liveries and drivers from this carset spawn in just fine. However, if I add a third or fourth car class into the race there's issues with what cars spawn - none of the cars from the other selected classes (outside of GTP and GT3) spawn at all, and oftentimes a lot of the GTP and GT3 cars won't spawn either.

Like I've tried going into a race with GTP, GT3, GTE and Group C classes selected, and not only will NONE of the GTE and Group C cars spawn at all, but barely any GTPs will spawn either - way less than selected in the options.

Any idea what might be causing this? It's only a very minor problem, but it'd just be cool to be able to run these GTP/GT3 cars alongside other cars like the GTEs :)
Hi there, do you have Custom AI files for the other classes you tried to add in as well? Because in my experience the game prioritises to spawn cars that have a custom AI in game over those that don't. So say you only have 32 slots available and 32+ AI drivers in this pack for LMDh and GT3Gen2 it probably won't spawn in any of the other classes if they do not have any Custom AI. Other users for which it worked may have that Custom AI files for the other classes so the game might spawn the other classes in for them.

Hi there, do you have Custom AI files for the other classes you tried to add in as well? Because in my experience the game prioritises to spawn cars that have a custom AI in game over those that don't. So say you only have 32 slots available and 32+ AI drivers in this pack for LMDh and GT3Gen2 it probably won't spawn in any of the other classes if they do not have any Custom AI. Other users for which it worked may have that Custom AI files for the other classes so the game might spawn the other classes in for them.
Ahh that's a good point! So I think that might be where the issue lies, as if I try and spawn in a class with no custom AI file in (like Group C for example) no Group C cars spawn and it's just entirely LMDh/GT3 Gen-2 cars, I assume because they are given priority in their custom AI file? However, I think when I've tried adding in a class with a custom AI file or liveries of their own attached (like I tried adding GTE last night with some custom skins) that's when things have gone haywire - like only a handful of GT3s spawned and barely any GTPs. So maybe that's where the conflict lies!

Ahh that's a good point! So I think that might be where the issue lies, as if I try and spawn in a class with no custom AI file in (like Group C for example) no Group C cars spawn and it's just entirely LMDh/GT3 Gen-2 cars, I assume because they are given priority in their custom AI file? However, I think when I've tried adding in a class with a custom AI file or liveries of their own attached (like I tried adding GTE last night with some custom skins) that's when things have gone haywire - like only a handful of GT3s spawned and barely any GTPs. So maybe that's where the conflict lies!
I don't quite know what AMS2 does when you have more custom AI in multiclass races than cars available on the grid and how it decides how many cars of which class will be on the grid. If it's random it might actually happen that there's only very few cars of a class especially if there's only 12 total available like in LMDh.

One solution might be manually edit the custom AI files to only have custom AI for those liveries that you actually want to race, so say reduce the Custom AI to 10 LMDh, GTE and GT3 each for example. If you then select 29 AI opponents plus yourself in the final car you should technically only have the liveries there that have Custom AI in the files. Hope this is understandable, bit hard to explain :D

José Mª updated 2023 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship | PACK with a new update entry:

Final Cadillac added to complete the set

@SharpShark48 gave us permission to add his DPi Ally Cadillac #48 inspired livery to our 2023 IMSA pack. As Jimmie Johnson et al. did not compete in the 2023 season, Renger van der Zande retains the drive; however the LMDh AI file does include a deactivated (i.e., <!--Jimmie Johnson-->) line that can be activated to replace Renger with Jimmie.

Thanks, @SharpShark48!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to block certain liveries? for example im trying to get just the #70 inception as the only mclaren to show up.
Yes, you can edit the xml file with the custom AI (UserData\CustomAIDrivers) and delete the entries for all the liveries you do not want to show up in a race against AI. Make sure to also adapt the setting in the game with how many AI opponents you want to have in a race, otherwise these liveries still show up but with fictional names.

Last edited:
Greetings, keep up the wonderful work. I'm experiencing lots of AI driver errors on all sessions in single player with this mod. How can it be fixed? Ok this is vanilla AMS 2 issue :(

Last edited:
I was wondering if I could supply you with a quick edit to the 57 Winward AMG GT3? with its change to a black main color rather than the white? I just did a quick repaint of the livery you and the others behind this great pack made.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.