Alright when was that again.....?

I do feel bad for him but in my mind, it was a racing incident.
If you watch the onboard of Hamilton's car, his steering wheel input never went from the hard right
position.
Albon was clearly quicker and could have done that attempt after the corner.
It was a bit ambitious there.
Even the slightest understeer was going to end in tears at that corner.
It was not malicious or anything, but a stupid mistake from Lewis, he just went onto the gas too early when he already had lost the fight. He couldnt accept his defeat, so the penalty was deserved imo

No they arent carried out by medical professionals everywhere lmao. Go to a test centre in the UK and they dont do it for you. They give you the kit you drive into the car park, phone them then they instruct you on how to do it. From watching the video of Perez having his done there is NO WAY that anyone will push the swab that far up their nose.

um and THEN it goes to a lab to be tested by a medical profesional, or do you think it goes to the local pub for the local drunks to dip it in pee and then randomly say if it's positive or negative?

Why not keep the extra level of protection...especially when it takes no additional effort?
Wearing a mask for no real reason and having trouble breathing is a little more than just "additional effort".

Just like Hamilton going full "omg BLM is the hit on social media, I have got to get in there as my vegan route wasn't enough yet for all the social points", F1 is waaaay too easily influenced by the new social hype.

Then again society is waaaay to easily gripped by the newest social media hype, it sometimes feels like people can't make up their own minds or live their lives on their own...

Yes, I am indeed upset by this idiocy where likes, influence and image are more important than actual deeds, talent, performance and personality.

Especially Hamilton has changed character over the last few years so many times, that you can't take the guy seriously anymore.

Wearing a mask for no real reason and having trouble breathing is a little more than just "additional effort".

Just like Hamilton going full "omg BLM is the hit on social media, I have got to get in there as my vegan route wasn't enough yet for all the social points", F1 is waaaay too easily influenced by the new social hype.

Then again society is waaaay to easily gripped by the newest social media hype, it sometimes feels like people can't make up their own minds or live their lives on their own...

Yes, I am indeed upset by this idiocy where likes, influence and image are more important than actual deeds, talent, performance and personality.

Especially Hamilton has changed character over the last few years so many times, that you can't take the guy seriously anymore.
I wouldn't normally...but okay I'll bite.
This is a topic discussing the 2020 Austrian GP but you seem a bit upset by the mask so tell me why.
You can shift it to the general topics forum to keep this one clean.

Honestly I didn't watch the race - I'm not interested this year as it's not a valid season IMO, and I won't recognise whoever is unfortunate enough to be deemed the champion of what I consider to be an invalid championship. Really I think this season should have been binned to enable teams to have the time and space to adapt to the incoming new rules, now delayed until 2022.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they are racing again, but it really is only an elongated shakedown for the 2021 season.

I'm still maintaining my F1 TV subscription as obviously this year has been financially pretty shitty for all involved so every little bit of money counts, and needless to say I'm looking forward to the return of a real season next year.

Curious why you see it as invalid? I thought the commentators made a good point that no one questions whether any of the winners from the 50’s-70’s (and beyond) are “proper champions,” despite winning series that could have been as few as 8 races long.

For me, fewer races mean less room for error. So while it’s a bummer that we get less racing - the tension and stress put on the drivers must be even more intense. I can’t imagine Max is feeling too good about competing for the title after an opening DNF. The disadvantage for him now is exponential compared to a 22 race season.

Good race, I thought - lots going on but, unfortunately, the real story line lurking behind all of the excitement is that Mercedes is still dominant.

Driver of the day for me was a two man race: Bottas and Leclerc. I gave it to Bottas because I don't think any of us can quite grasp the stress of having the 44 car in your mirrors lap after lap after lap.

Leclerc is a close second for me because I think he did a great job making up places at the sharp end of the grid - not easy to do, doubly so because I have a feeling Ferrari might not be a great car this year.

Lando...I knew Lando would win the voting here in a landslide, but I personally don't think it's deserved. First podium makes for a great story and that last lap was brilliant, but I just think the other two guys (Bottas and Leclerc) delivered under a lot more pressure. Just my 2 cents.

I am pleased for Bottas. On some reflection I was slightly harsh on Hamilton. Yes, he has unfairly bullied Albon twice, and deserved punishment, but I think he only does it because he doesn't get decisions like Leclerc at Monza, and then Leclerc only does it because he doesn't get decisions like Verstappen at Austria.

In other words, the fact that they are being told to race close one weekend and in one situation and not another and they lose out no matter what they do can be frustrating. It was still the wrong decison from a frustrated Hamilton, but he had close decisions go against him in the past and was told to race harder by the FIA and he warned them about it.

I just wish he didn't do it on Albon who deserves better for great racing around the outside of a corner twice. Times like this I think Albon deserves some of Hamilton's points. Can we have reparations? Thai Lives Matter.

Also, it must be bizzarro day for me to be defending Lewis, but I thought the collision with Albon was a racing incident. I'm very sorry for Albon and I'm pulling for him to have success, but that looked like two guys racing hard to me. If you look at "great passes" highlights on YouTube, it seems like about 4/5ths of them are outside passes. There's a reason for that: they're difficult and risky. They often come down to a matter of inches between brilliant and disaster. Well, this particular outside pass ended in disaster.

this must be up there as one of the most cynical posts on the internet!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back