2019 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix

Larini: Max had pure bad luck in Mexico, flat tire Bottas hit, Yellow in the last corner!
Who is a hypocrit now then, mister know it all, find a job!:roflmao:

How can another driver crashing at the last corner be unlucky for Max?

It affected everybody.

Vettel was unlucky because it prevented him from getting a shot at pole.

Max wasn't unlucky - all he had to do was lift off and park it, and he would have had pole.

The only things that cost him pole were bad judgement and poorly considered responses to journalists' questions.

I have a job thanks. Don't want another one.

Is Max quick? Yes of course, amazingly fast.
Is Max a good racer? Maybe too aggressive for my liking (he likes to bang wheels too much for me) but otherwise a great racing driver.

Will he ever be world champion? Now this for me is the interesting one. At the moment I'd say no. He's messing up too many times at the moment, making too many mistakes and he's not making full use of the opportunities he's being given. To win a WDC you have to keep scoring points these days, and he's flying off the road too much to do that.

The reason why the likes of Lewis and Prost won so many races is because they think more about what's going on around them and then seem to process the whole overall situation better.

I like Max, he comes across as a great character and obviously the team love him to bits but he needs to take a step back and just regroup slightly. If he does that and Red Bull make more progress with the car, then he could be WDC in the next few years.

I agree with your post. But he's been in F1 for 5 years now, regardless of his age.

If he doesn't understand all your points by now (and there are a lot more people than you and I that think this), I don't think he ever will.

I honestly don't think he's that bright - that's the only logical explanation for the way he behaves.

There was a very interesting and revealing interview with him on Sky Sports over the Mexican Grand Prix weekend. He was driving a car, with a Sky presenter - maybe Brundle or Herbert - sat beside him.

He was talking about his start in the previous year's race. He said that he'd battled with Vettel and got out front after turn 3 because in his mind there was no other option. He had to be first. He would not tolerate anything else.

And you have to say OK, in 2018 it worked out for you.

But watching the 2019 race, I have to feel he started that race with exactly the same attitude.

And he found out that it doesn't always work.

Ryan Fitzpatrick have, they say, one of the highest IQ not only for quartebacks in NFL but as an athlete in general !
They don't say how high Tom Brady have but I' quite sure it wasn't even close to those stellar numbers.
But Fitz is just about average (or a bit above) quarterback you can imagine and Brady in frickin GOAT.
I love FitzMagic, fall in love with the guy when he was in NJ Jets but Brady is six time champion.
Moral of the story is that sometimes IQ isn't everything. Sadly. :D
Kid is fast. What if he's not the smartest too.
:geek:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies