2019 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix

AnticliMaxico with a unlucky puncture ;)

It wasn't an unlucky puncture. It was a puncture that was caused by him throwing his car down the inside of another car when there was plainly no move on.

I thought he drove those first couple of laps with a disproportionate sense of entitlement. His greatest strength - the arrogance and expectation and self-entitlement - is also his greatest weakness.

It was his downfall today and I think that the public vote for him to be driver of the date was a joke.

He could have won today. His car could have won. It was his fault that it didn't.

That's not driver of the day material.

The puncture was from Bottas..in the stadion
he had caught up on the inside. But Bottas is sending in his rear tire .. but yes you will not agree with that. check the replay. before you screaming

he had caught up on the inside. But Bottas is sending in his rear tire .. but yes you will not agree with that. check the replay.
Bottas saw Max too late but he did see him because he suddenly turned to the outside. Then Bottas turned back in again a millesecond too soon. Bit of 'bad luck' for Max which caused the puncture.

See e.g. the slight Vettel-LeClerc touch in the first lap. That also could be a puncture but it wasn't...fragile but sharp carbon parts.

he had caught up on the inside. But Bottas is sending in his rear tire .. but yes you will not agree with that. check the replay. before you screaming

I'm not screaming.

It's the Bottas incident I'm talking about.

When you lunge, from that far back, you're risking contact.

It's not unlucky that he got damaged, it's almost inevitable.

m.png

muzikant is a known Verstappen fanboy, there is no point in discussing with someone like that jfyi

Yepp and a lot people complain very fast because it is Max with stuppid arguments..mature ..stupid. a little respect is better @ Ears I think you dont have see the replay it was a clean overtake... it was close but is was clean, thats racing! What Lewis did after the start in corner 1 Max had the inside line ... (race line) but Lewis was aggressive......thats why I love racing.

Last edited:
I don't wanna get into the Max argument. Let's just say I like him but I'm not a fan. I actually cheered for Red Bull for this race. But driver of the day I feel really belongs to Sergio Perez. Like when you expect to see a Renault or Mclaren finishing best of the rest, there goes Sergio Perez taking it home. F1 really needs to make up for poor choices whom to point the camera at sometimes. Sainz was a victim of that more than twice this year. I mean exceptional performance but no air time.

Funny how these days current events is on the second page and old news is at the top of the feed.... Only 3 pages here wasn't too much arguing here :).......... Might as well post the American grand prix feed now, season is almost over.

Love this quote from Hamilton: "If you've seen races before I always leave Max a lot of space. It's the smartest thing you can do."

I bet he isn't the only driver to think like that :thumbsup:

Love this quote from Hamilton: "If you've seen races before I always leave Max a lot of space. It's the smartest thing you can do."

I bet he isn't the only driver to think like that :thumbsup:

He made an absolute mess of this race. A shame because his attitude for this season has been generally good. A big improvement. I know he had the bit between his teeth, but he had the pace to win this one but threw all of that away. I don't even quite know how they turned a Ferrari one - two into this fine mess. It seems like last year Lewis was the king of qualifying, this year he's been stealing races through good fortunes and bad strategies.

I bet he isn't the only driver to think like that
Vettel fully agreed with Hamilton. Crofty even called Verstappen a 'greedy puppy' during the broadcast. Let's say that the boy has a reputation by now. More and more the public opinion is drifting away from him, even in the Netherlands.

Still anyone out there who thinks he'll be the next WDC?

Last edited:
Reactions: NDG
Vettel fully agreed with Hamilton. Crofty even called Verstappen a 'greedy puppy' during the broadcast. Let's say that the boy has a reputation by now. More and more the public opinion is drifting away from him, even in the Netherlands.

Still anyone out there who thinks he'll be the next WDC?
Where did you read that?, It's more in your troubled mind!

Where did you read that?, It's more in your troubled mind!

Post race press conference said:
Lewis, you touched on this earlier. Do you treat Max differently to other drivers? LH: Err… yep. I think every driver is slightly different. Some are smarter; some are like very smart, aggressive and some are silly with it. And so, through those experiences of racing with people, you give some more space and others you don’t have to. They’re quite respectful. But yeah, Max, it’s very likely you’re going to come together with Max if you don’t give him extra space, so most of the time you do. But as I said, in my experience, I didn’t have a lot of space to give him extra space. But I don’t think it was intentional or anything like that. It was just… he’s a magnet for those kind of things but yeah, nonetheless, I managed to keep the car together and in a straight line, fortunately.

Sebastian. Max? SV: Yes and yes.

Can you put a bit more flesh on the bone? SV: No, just copy-paste. It’s true.

Source https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...rence-mexico-2019.1C1SbkcgdwI2DVr6PYSaKE.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back