2019 Formula One French Grand Prix

Sadly I fear that may be very difficult to control
If FIA has access to telemetry data I think they should be able to see changes in engine modes? I am not an engineer though, so I don’t know if that is possible. But when I watch TV coveragr and hear previous F1 drivers or F1 commentators that have been around for more than 20 years suggest the same, my assumption would be that this is possible.

If FIA has access to telemetry data I think they should be able to see changes in engine modes? I am not an engineer though, so I don’t know if that is possible. But when I watch TV coveragr and hear previous F1 drivers or F1 commentators that have been around for more than 20 years suggest the same, my assumption would be that this is possible.
I think the problem may be in wording the rule, as I'm sure the teams would go every which way to get around it

Mercedes dominance is just like Ferrari was with Michael Schumacher. People wil complain about it. F1 will go on. Driver of the day: Lewis Hamilton.

Great drive Hamilton,I love my countryman Danny Ric but he may be penalised for going off the race track line when overtaking at the end there.

Not sure how critic's can explain 15 sec gap to Bottas.... It must be the car :confused:.... Great drive by Charles and Lando!!! Sure Vettel will get driver of the day around here :rolleyes:

Not sure how critic's can explain 15 sec gap to Bottas.... It must be the car :confused:.... Great drive by Charles and Lando!!! Sure Vettel will get driver of the day around here :rolleyes:
Wow, someone said that Lewis is beating Bottas because of the car... :confused: I mean they drive the same car, and if you ask me Lewis is much better than just these 15-20 seconds to Bottas. Anyway, was it interesting race, should I watch it or I didn't miss anything? :ninja:

Ok , ricciardo got his penalty, i love the guy but it was well deserved! it's not the case of the cult of "let em race" "race hard like old times"! overtaking outside of the track is the opposite of hard racing, it's cheating!
2x 5 seconds time penalty! two separate overtakes while 4 wheels completely off the track, gaining huge advantage, also forcing someone off the track while doing that , all of those in only 200 meters of the track! impressive :D

Last edited:
Wow, someone said that Lewis is beating Bottas because of the car... :confused: I mean they drive the same car, and if you ask me Lewis is much better than just these 15-20 seconds to Bottas. Anyway, was it interesting race, should I watch it or I didn't miss anything? :ninja:
You did not miss anything. I had a few espressos during the race and that kept me awake. Otherwise, I might have fallen asleep around lap 20.

Yawn ..... got up this morning (Australia) after going to bed 10 laps in, watch rest of replay, didnt miss a thing. I really cant put my finger on why the racing is boring at the moment, i mean we have had people winning by a lot all the way through the history of F1 so there shouldnt be a suprise there, maybe its the predictability of the whole thing, have they taken away too much of the danger side of the racing, is it too over stewarded..... anyway something needs to be done, people are tuning out in their droves.

I have to say, the first few races of the season had me intrigued mainly because Bottas seemed to have this new energy to him...but now it's looking more like the same as 2018...Lewis was saying during the first few races that car felt out of sorts...I guess he sorted it out now cause Bottas can't keep up anymore.

I actually like Paul Ricard...I just think it's not a great track for current F1 as I also got up and tuned out since I was falling asleep; Too much Aero grip makes a lot of the interesting high/medium speed turns pretty easy (like the two right handers after the back straight for example).

Also wondering if Canada 2019 for Vettel might be Hockenheim 2018 part 2 (i.e. he seemed to have lost his fighting spirit after that race).

After Vettel in Canada, Danny Ric's double off-track moves were like asking for it. I have no qualms, I also think he deserved that. Though the same applies if you were in that exact moment. A gap is a gap, just dive down head first and see tomorrow if you're still alive. It was fun to watch, the ending laps.

My honest opinion is merc is just doing what they came for. I know it's boring, maybe even for merc themselves. But nothing is stopping other teams to aim at them. If you say budget limits them, Ferrari spends more than Merc to race.

Bittersweet for Lando. He did a great job finishing, imagine without issues and he might have challenged Sainz. Bottas 2.0 has shutdown. If he don't win the next race, season is over for him and effectively everybody else. Gasly should switch with Albon, and Ocon with Stroll, IMO.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.