2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Yes! No further action, and though this is inconsistent, if this is setting a precedent from here on in I have no issues with that. There had to be a change somewhere.

im more a leclerc fan than verstappen but i have to agree max deserved victory.. that was a great battle between those two and for once we actually have a battle for the lead, lets not ruin this with a penalty, let them race.

So qualifying pole position on your second race in a new car and outperforming a 4 time world champion that is known to be quick on that track is not impressive to you?

Man, you must be one tough cookie with expectations higher than d-o-double-g.

_________

Whoops. Pardon me. Looks like i dropped a bar here.
Qualifying in a second race and getting pole impresses you? Man you're easy. I've seen that done before in far better fashion, besides this is one race. Vettel is leading him in the points so his qualifying sessions don't cut ice with me because as I said, I've seen it done in better fashion, plus like Vettel he cracked under the pressure today.

Perhaps your level of expectations are too low. After two years of hearing about this Leclarc guy, I expected much much more.

Last edited:
Let the little crash-boy have his bumper car fun in Austria. He is no threat. Well, he is a danger on the track to other drivers, but not for the championship :p

And somebody please get Bottas out of that Merc and put someone in it who has some fighting spirit :rolleyes:

Best interpretation of what happened, from Karun Chandhok on Twitter: "Here’s my view... Back in the day, the driver on the outside would have to back out and realise when he’s been beaten. Now, they can keep going, knowing that they can use the asphalt run off and then hope that the argument about “being squeezed off” wins in the stewards room..."

Correct. Verstappen needed to be patient but he wasn't, need to accept the consequences of it. He expected Max to give him space, just like it was a lap earlier.
No, his other overtakes were fine. It's just in the heat of the moment that he again hits someone.

Verstappen was patient. He saw an opening, he took it. He had the inside line. As for Leclerc expecting Max to give him space, well, tough luck Charles, you guessed wrong.

As for the "hit" on Leclerc, I call that close racing. Nothing serious here. I see stuff just as bad in Indycar all the time. As I wrote above, F1 has become really bland and sanitized if a pass like that is considered illegal.

He has been lucky with the DRS in the last laps.
Has had a lot of DRS with slow cars which allowed him to close the 3 sec gap.
Leclerc did not have this luck.
I don't understand people who are disagree with that because it's just a fact.
Watch the replay...

Verstappen was patient. He saw an opening, he took it. He had the inside line. As for Leclerc expecting Max to give him space, well, tough luck Charles, you guessed wrong.
That's the problem with Max. Can't trust him, very unsportsmanlike, always hitting others.

As for the "hit" on Leclerc, I call that close racing. Nothing serious here. I see stuff just as bad in Indycar all the time. As I wrote above, F1 has become really bland and sanitized if a pass like that is considered illegal.
The "hit" is close racing indeed. But again, always Max causing uproar with his actions. And it's not for "the hit" that he should be penalised. It's the fact the FIA used the "letter of the law" against Ferrari in Canada and now they call it close racing.

Ferrari got robbed from a victory again. They should've atleast won one race - not both. Preferaby Canada, but after the 'rules are rules' fiasco they got robbed again here. And that's what is causing the uproar, not the battle itself but how the rules aren't applied in a fair consistent way.

That's the problem with Max. Can't trust him, very unsportsmanlike, always hitting others.

The "hit" is close racing indeed. But again, always Max causing uproar with his actions. And it's not for "the hit" that he should be penalised. It's the fact the FIA used the "letter of the law" against Ferrari in Canada and now they call it close racing.

Ferrari got robbed from a victory again. They should've atleast won one race - not both. Preferaby Canada, but after the 'rules are rules' fiasco they got robbed again here. And that's what is causing the uproar, not the battle itself but how the rules aren't applied in a fair consistent way.
YOU NEED A SCALEXTRIC RACE TRACK, if you only like Line and drs racing.

Put off your orange tinted glasses and put on your reading goggles or learn to read. I'm not against the move, i'm against the inconsistency of the stewards.
the fact that you get triggered by a "haha" rating says it all i guess.
I still don't get why people are comparing this to the vettel incident in canada. Rejoining the track unsafely isn't the same as forcing of the track, have been a tifosi since 2005 and i thought vettel's penalty was a horsepoo decision as well. Stewards reviewed the incident and compared it to incidents from the past, which are not incidents where someone rejoined unsafely but was forcing off another driver and concluded that in this circumstance no penalty was needed, what's not consistent about judging an incident based on SIMILAR incidents from the past?

the fact that you get triggered by a "haha" rating says it all i guess.
I still don't get why people are comparing this to the vettel incident in canada. Rejoining the track unsafely isn't the same as forcing of the track, have been a tifosi since 2005 and i thought vettel's penalty was a horsepoo decision as well. Stewards reviewed the incident and compared it to incidents from the past, which are not incidents where someone rejoined unsafely but was forcing off another driver and concluded that in this circumstance no penalty was needed, what's not consistent about judging an incident based on SIMILAR incidents from the past?

First of all "triggered" by a 'haha'? I'm just replying to Appie's post 'bout not understanding my point, the overtake was fine.

And again, it's not the same as with Vettel in Canada indeed. But let me tell it one more time and hopefully you understand it now:

In Canada the stewards followed "the letters of the law" (unsafe rejoin) - Result = Penalty
In Austria the stewards don't follow "the letters of the law" (forcing another driver off the track) - Result = No Penalty.

For the F1 it's great that they changed their mind and not give a penalty, but Ferrari got robbed as they used the rules to the letters and all of a sudden 3 weeks later not anymore thus screwing Ferrari again.

Put off your orange tinted glasses and put on your reading goggles or learn to read. I'm not against the move, i'm against the inconsistency of the stewards.
I use my Orange glasses when I want, like the Orange army. And that stupid going on about rules and stewards is the END OF PURE RACING!
And I can read, if you don't like it, YOUR problem:laugh::laugh:

First of all "triggered" by a 'haha'? I'm just replying to Appie's post 'bout not understanding my point, the overtake was fine.

And again, it's not the same as with Vettel in Canada indeed. But let me tell it one more time and hopefully you understand it now:

In Canada the stewards followed "the letters of the law" (unsafe rejoin) - Result = Penalty
In Austria the stewards don't follow "the letters of the law" (forcing another driver off the track) - Result = No Penalty.

For the F1 it's great that they changed their mind and not give a penalty, but Ferrari got robbed as they used the rules to the letters and all of a sudden 3 weeks later not anymore thus screwing Ferrari again.
and if you read the explanation of the FIA very carefully you'll see why they came to this conclusion and not "followed the letters of the law". Maybe you'll actually understand it now.
Apologies for the triggered accusation, thought it was in response to me, i have appie's messages muted as they're waaay too biased for my liking

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back