Resource icon

Misc 2019 driver lineups and Driver Name Editor 1.12

Login or Register an account to download this content

When you open the driver names, I suppose they don't look like the first picture, they have ?? instead of the name in the value column.

To fix that, in cheat engine, search for HAMILTON and you will get a lot of results.
Out of those results, change the values of those who's address starts with 18 until you notice hamilton's name changing. While you change the name be sure that you are in the main menu and to check if the name changed enter career menu.
Once you found the correct address, have that one selected and go in the Career - Drivers tab, find hamilton, right-click his name and press Recalculate addresses (or something like that). Once that is done, you should see that instead of ?? the drivers' names will appear. Save this version of the table for further use. If you want to update the script, you should update the addresses with the new values that you will find.
Hope this helps, if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask :D

When you open the driver names, I suppose they don't look like the first picture, they have ?? instead of the name in the value column.

To fix that, in cheat engine, search for HAMILTON and you will get a lot of results.
Out of those results, change the values of those who's address starts with 18 until you notice hamilton's name changing. While you change the name be sure that you are in the main menu and to check if the name changed enter career menu.
Once you found the correct address, have that one selected and go in the Career - Drivers tab, find hamilton, right-click his name and press Recalculate addresses (or something like that). Once that is done, you should see that instead of ?? the drivers' names will appear. Save this version of the table for further use. If you want to update the script, you should update the addresses with the new values that you will find.
Hope this helps, if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask :D
thanks, now, I've done all my personal driver transfers...but sadly, after Australia Q1, my game crashed and I have to do everything again...

thanks, now, I've done all my personal driver transfers...but sadly, after Australia Q1, my game crashed and I have to do everything again...
now my game crashes whenever I go to the loading screen of career mode...Grand Prix mode etc still working tho

hey guys, first of all great work and a big thank you to you for improving the game. I tried a few things and it worked quite fine, but when i tried to change Bottas' name, it didnt work with Valtteri. No matter what i do it just doesnt change the forename ( surname works). Am i the only one with that problem or is it general? Thank you in Advance

Edit: Found out myself :p Hex 18D76E5B0 works for me

Last edited:
I have worked with this, and I have to say It's possible, but only for grand prix game mode. I have found the career values as well, but the game crashes if you go career (or the game just deletes the drivers). These photos are from the version 1.11, but these changes work with the 1.12 version as well, I have to just resign the values.
View attachment 274325 View attachment 274326
View attachment 274327

so apparently with the new version the language file has been added again and we can update the drivers to 2019,feel sorry for dasd that been working on cheat engine to get it to change drivers name though.
So I wanted to ask if with the new patch your flags tool still working?so we can have full 2019 drivers and the full respective flags?
Also if yes you planning a release soon?
Thanks

so apparently with the new version the language file has been added

giphy.gif

Considering the game is released so late in the real season, wouldn't it be great if , instead of making modding more difficult, CM put out a DLC of 2019 drivers names, liveries plus audio files so we didn't have to struggle with this every year.

They'd make some extra money and you can bet most people would still buy next years game for the update to rules, tracks, and game graphics/sound/content, so it would be win/win for everyone.

I have worked with this, and I have to say It's possible, but only for grand prix game mode. I have found the career values as well, but the game crashes if you go career (or the game just deletes the drivers). These photos are from the version 1.11, but these changes work with the 1.12 version as well, I have to just resign the values.
View attachment 274325 View attachment 274326
View attachment 274327

any chance you guys could release this flag mod using cheat engine please?it would be great even if only work in gp mode,thanks so much

any chance you guys could release this flag mod using cheat engine please?it would be great even if only work in gp mode,thanks so much

I'm sorry that I have ignored your previous messages, but I can't really release it. It hasn't been updated for months and it isn't compatible with current version.

I haven't documented any of the key areas of the hex-code, so I'd have to find the right values again. After every update the mod breaks. Only way to update faster is to document the areas where values are and so get the hex codes near them. With those hex codes I could after every update easily reproduce the same values.

But yeah It's too much of a work. Especially since I planned to code a automatic program to change the values, but it never got released, due schoolwork and such. But if you fancy doing some digging yourself I can give you some tips where to look and change. I think I even have two or three values still which are compatible with the current build.

So if you want, you can hit me with a message in here or in our modding discord.

I'm sorry that I have ignored your previous messages, but I can't really release it. It hasn't been updated for months and it isn't compatible with current version.

I haven't documented any of the key areas of the hex-code, so I'd have to find the right values again. After every update the mod breaks. Only way to update faster is to document the areas where values are and so get the hex codes near them. With those hex codes I could after every update easily reproduce the same values.

But yeah It's too much of a work. Especially since I planned to code a automatic program to change the values, but it never got released, due schoolwork and such. But if you fancy doing some digging yourself I can give you some tips where to look and change. I think I even have two or three values still which are compatible with the current build.

So if you want, you can hit me with a message in here or in our modding discord.

thanks for reply,surely I can do that,I would be happy to do it,I can't contact you though on your profile there is no pm button lol

there is a version 1.12 of the script so if you weren't using that one, try that one (it's named 1.12).
To check if the version of the table that you are using is correct you can look in the buttom part of the windows and see if the names appear correctly. Just check the boxes as shown below.
View attachment 275312
Otherwise, what you are doing seems correct, open the game, attach cheat engine to the game, run the script.
Could you put F2 drivers in F1 teams? For an example Gelael in Red Bull Racing and Mick Schumacher in Ferrari or Haas.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.