Resource icon

Misc 2019 driver lineups and Driver Name Editor 1.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
wow,that is just amazing what you done mate,well done,I wouldn't mind it if it only works in grand prix mode I'm more than happy with the result,but for the names like ricciardo and giovinazzi nothing can be done?
Will you release your update please? Again very well done
Technically, you can change the Ricciardos' name, but I couldn't transfer him, for some reason. I think it's due to Carlos Sainz's name, his value is carlos_sainz-jr, and I think the "jr" conflicts with the transfer. But new drivers with long names, like Giovinazzi, I think I can't do anything about them.

I just think that most people want to play career, so my mod wouldn't be as useful. I will still try to get the career part working, but if it seems like that it's impossible to get it working, I'll just release the grand prix mod as it is.

Technically, you can change the Ricciardos' name, but I couldn't transfer him, for some reason. I think it's due to Carlos Sainz's name, his value is carlos_sainz-jr, and I think the "jr" conflicts with the transfer. But new drivers with long names, like Giovinazzi, I think I can't do anything about them.

I just think that most people want to play career, so my mod wouldn't be as useful. I will still try to get the career part working, but if it seems like that it's impossible to get it working, I'll just release the grand prix mod as it is.

still a great work what you did anyway mate,thanks so much,I like to play grand prix mode too and impersonate a driver and I personally won't mind if the career will be with 2018 drivers but definitely will love 2019 drivers in grand prix mode :)

Ps,what if though you transfer sainz to mclaren and vandoorne to Renault and rename vandoorne to ricciardo can that be done?

you cannot transfer vandoorne to Renault for career mode. If you could, why not transfer Ricciardo and be done with it :D?

Also you can edit Grand Prix mode using this cheat table too, they are further down the list but they are there too. Also teams are there.
I might update the tool with changes for grand prix mode too later if there people are really intrested :D

you cannot transfer vandoorne to Renault for career mode. If you could, why not transfer Ricciardo and be done with it :D?

Also you can edit Grand Prix mode using this cheat table too, they are further down the list but they are there too. Also teams are there.
I might update the tool with changes for grand prix mode too later if there people are really intrested :D

yeah true didn't think about it haha,well at least we can have the flags in grand prix mode and the names they only gonna be Ricciardo and giovinazzi so we can live with that,thanks so much for your hard work guys really appreciated.

Hi, i have a problem, i'll explain you what i do and maybe you'll tell me what i'm doing wrong ^^"
I downloaded cheat engine and your script, i open the script and i say yes.
After, i launch f1 2018, i open f1 2018 in the process list of cheat engine, i say yes and i go in the main menu of the game.
And finally, i show the cheat table lua script, i execute it, and i go on the game without closing cheat engine and the lua script window and nothing change in the game.
Nothing change in career mode and in grand prix mode.
Is there something that change in 1.12 or did i missed something that i need to do?
I would really appreciate your help :)
Thank you in advance

there is a version 1.12 of the script so if you weren't using that one, try that one (it's named 1.12).
To check if the version of the table that you are using is correct you can look in the buttom part of the windows and see if the names appear correctly. Just check the boxes as shown below.
upload_2018-10-23_23-27-8.png

Otherwise, what you are doing seems correct, open the game, attach cheat engine to the game, run the script.

I have the version 1.12 of the script and i have the version 1.12 of the game so apparently it's ok here. And in the column "Value" in the bottom part of the window, next to string, i have ?? instead of their name. I guess it's that.

But, when i execute the script, the ?? are changed in their name. I have a question, do i have to get a vanilla game to do this? Cause i have a some mods in my game. Maybe it change something because of this

It souldn't matter that you have mods. Maybe you have a different version of the game, I am not sure.
If you try to run the following search, what results do you get?
upload_2018-10-23_23-58-5.png

Try to change the values of the addresses that start with 18 and check if Hamilton's name changes in career. Change the name while you are in main menu and then enter career mode to see if it changes. If it does not change, return to main menu and try another entry untill you find the right ine. Have the one that changes his name selected and go to career-drivers mercedes -> right click Hamilton and there shod be an option like adjust address value. Select that one and if it works you should see for the other drivers instead of ?? their name.
Do you by any chance have the game on a different language, not english?

Yeah my game is in french >.< :p
I think this is the cause of the problem. Try what I suggested you and hopefully it will help. If all goes well, once you find the addresses you can change them in the script so that you don't have to manually edit each driver :D

if I run the lua script and click "execute", nothing happens and it doesn't work in the game...and if I want to change the driver names myself, how do I do that? I'm on the newest version of the game...

if I run the lua script and click "execute", nothing happens and it doesn't work in the game...and if I want to change the driver names myself, how do I do that? I'm on the newest version of the game...
In what language is your game?
Please see steps that I've suggested to Nexl. If your game is not in english, you have to readjust the addresses.
To change a driver's name, just click the square next to Drivers - Career, the square next to the team to which the driver belongs and for that driver change the value column

In what language is your game?
Please see steps that I've suggested to Nexl. If your game is not in english, you have to readjust the addresses.
To change a driver's name, just click the square next to Drivers - Career, the square next to the team to which the driver belongs and for that driver change the value column
my game is in German, but I've done everything else you said

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea