Resource icon

Misc 2019 driver lineups and Driver Name Editor 1.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
dasd submitted a new resource:

[WIP] Driver Name Editor - Tool to allow driver change

This a tool to edit driver names. At the moment, the changes are only for career mode and only for the drivers. In the future I will try to add quick race and team name.

This a table based on Cheat Engine where you can edit your driver names.
Usage:
Open the table that you just downloaded, start f1 2018.
After the game started, press on the computer image under File and select F1 2018 from the list. You will see in the lower half of the Cheat Engine a list with all the drivers where you...

Read more about this resource...

dasd updated [WIP] Driver Name Editor with a new update entry:

Version 0.2 update

Updated for version 1.10 of the game, with new memory addresses and added the possibility to edit quick race and team names.
Regarding teams, in carrer mode you have to change both names, from teams - carrer and teams - grand prix.
Have fun and if someone knows how to create scripts to have the changes updated on game startup please let me know.

Read the rest of this update entry...

dasd updated [WIP] Driver Name Editor with a new update entry:

2019 Drivers Script for Carrer Mode

Alright, so building on the last version, I have attached a script with all the confirmed driver changes for 2019.
THIS CHANGES ONLY THE NAMES
Please note that Stroll is not at Force India because although this is almost inevitable, it's still not confirmed.

Changes:
Charles Leclerc to Ferrari
Pierre Gasly to Red Bull
Lando Norris & Carlos Sainz to McLaren
Daniel Ricciardo(Ric) to Renault
Daniil Kvyat to Toro Rosso
Kimi Raikkonen & Antonio Giovinnazi to Alfa Romeo Sauber

Known bugs:...

No, it doesn't save but using the script you don't have to modify the names all the time, just run the script.
It depends on who you're trying to replace. Some driver's names are stored in memory one near the other, without any free memory addresses between them. For example, Sainz and Esteban look in memory something like this: SAINZEsteban so if you over ride SAINZ with Ricciardo it will look like this Ricciardoeban and the game will read Doeban. The same applies for the Sauber drivers, Ericsson overwrites Vettel and Leclerc stroll if I'm not mistaken

Thanks so much for this new update,it's getting better and better,two questions if you don't mind.
For the drivers flags will be there a mod to change them in the future or nothing can be done about it?

Then for the drivers can you not move example vandoorne to say her and rename it as giovinazzi?
Also if I'm not wrong someone said here that we could have been able to swap the drivers but no to add new drivers so it would be possible to move ricciardo from red bull to Renault without having to put RIC in the menu?

Btw thanks great job

For the drivers flags will be there a mod to change them in the future or nothing can be done about it?
For F1 2017 there was a mod to remove the driver flags altogether and that can be done for 2018 too but it's a lot of work. You can't change specific diver flags at the moment and as far as I know that's not possible. You can do it for one of drivers, for example Ericsson's flag can be changed to that of Giovinnazzi but that too is a bit of work. But for example in case of Ricciardo(instead of Sainz), that wouldn't be possible as it would also change Alonso's flag.

Then for the drivers can you not move example vandoorne to say her and rename it as giovinazzi?
Also if I'm not wrong someone said here that we could have been able to swap the drivers but no to add new drivers so it would be possible to move ricciardo from red bull to Renault without having to put RIC in the menu?

Renaming Vandoorne to Giovinnazzi will not solve the problem because changing drivers around is very difficult. I've tried to do that for sainz and alonso and I gave up as there was just too much stuff to change and it kept breaking down.

New Drivers can be added, change thier name, add pictures in the correct folders and you have new drivers :D

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, let me know

Thanks a lot for your anwer I will still hoping for a mod to change drivers flags too though I think it would be perfect then for 2019 season.
I haven't downloaded the tool yet I think I will wait until we have the official 2019 grid so I think you will update the drivers and then I will download it.
Thanks again

Thanks a lot for your anwer I will still hoping for a mod to change drivers flags too though I think it would be perfect then for 2019 season.
I haven't downloaded the tool yet I think I will wait until we have the official 2019 grid so I think you will update the drivers and then I will download it.
Thanks again

No problem, as I mentioned previously, you can also do your own custom transfers :D

dasd updated 2019 driver lineups and Driver Name Editor with a new update entry:

Game version 1.12 plus Russell

Bringing a new update, to match the game version (1.12). This update also includes George Russell.
Due to some changes codemasters have made, replacing Carlos Sainz with Daniel Ricciardo results in some collisions with other driver's names and therefor the best I could get is Daniel Ric (it's name can be anything up to 5 characters, I considered this the best alternative). Same goes for Giovinnazi so he is named Gio. Also Raikkonen lost a K with his move to his move to Sauber. Unfortunately,...

Thanks for this update and for working hard against all these restrictions that Codemasters is putting in this year game which it doesn't make any sense to me to be honest but it is what it is.
I keep dreaming that you or some one will collaborate with you or help you to make us able to change the full names for the 2019 drivers :)

I think I already know the answer but I will ask anyway lol.
Is it not possible I don't know maybe via cheat engine to force the game to take the driver names and the nationality from another file?
In this case this 'external' file will have all the correct driver names for 2019 (example full ricciardo name) and the right nationalities?
Thanks

I think I already know the answer but I will ask anyway lol.
Is it not possible I don't know maybe via cheat engine to force the game to take the driver names and the nationality from another file?
In this case this 'external' file will have all the correct driver names for 2019 (example full ricciardo name) and the right nationalities?
Thanks
I have worked with this, and I have to say It's possible, but only for grand prix game mode. I have found the career values as well, but the game crashes if you go career (or the game just deletes the drivers). These photos are from the version 1.11, but these changes work with the 1.12 version as well, I have to just resign the values.
20181007121942_1.jpg
20181007121947_1.jpg

20181007122048_1.jpg

I have worked with this, and I have to say It's possible, but only for grand prix game mode. I have found the career values as well, but the game crashes if you go career (or the game just deletes the drivers). These photos are from the version 1.11, but these changes work with the 1.12 version as well, I have to just resign the values.
View attachment 274325 View attachment 274326
View attachment 274327

wow,that is just amazing what you done mate,well done,I wouldn't mind it if it only works in grand prix mode I'm more than happy with the result,but for the names like ricciardo and giovinazzi nothing can be done?
Will you release your update please? Again very well done

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea