2018 RD Bathurst 1000GT Information & Sign Up

IMPORTANT!

Maintenance work is now complete, and the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server has been restarted. The following changes and updates have been applied:
  • An updated version of the custom skin pack (v2.03) is now available. This adds the livery for #69 Backstraight Boys, and should be the final version of the pack to be released before the race. The component file will be automatically downloaded and installed, via GetMod, upon joining the server, or can be downloaded directly from here. You will once again notice that the resource is an update for v2.00 of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod; the reason for this is that it significantly reduces the size of the update file, and prevents you from having to unnecessarily download the entirety of the mod.

Hi all,
I went onto the server last night and the content downloaded. How do I remove it from my system please? Not sure what to delete and the best way to delete Rfactor 2 content.

Many thanks Greame
I'm new to rF2, but I've been around pc gaming since '94 and I'm used to doing things all kinds of ways to get thing to work so I'll give it a shot here.
First way to do it would be go to your rF2 launcher and look for the mod and uninstall it via the launcher like this:
rF2 Launcher uninstall pacages 1.JPG

I'm not sure, but you may be able to delete it from here after you've uninstalled it.

If not, you can see your rF2 packages folder in the launcher address at the bottom like this:
rF2 Launcher pacages location on your pc .JPG

Now you just go in and delete the appropriate files that are shown here:
fles to delete in you packages folder.JPG

AS PER ALWAYS, make backups of anything you're unsure of. Once you do that, you can pull them out of your root folder and put them in a folder on your desktop and if your game fires up, works correctly and you have access to all the things you want and the things you wanted gone are gone, you should be good to go. If this is the case, now you delete your backup folder off your desktop and your golden.

Hope this helps:)

Personally, no, but I do notice when someone joins the server sometimes. It's a little disruptive, but it doesn't cause me too much of an issue.
This is a known "issue" that has been occurring in rFactor 2 for quite some time, probably as a result of there being a spike in data transfer when a new car joins the server. Thankfully this will not be a problem during the actual race because all cars will already have been loaded into memory by the game. :thumbsup:

Hi all,
I went onto the server last night and the content downloaded. How do I remove it from my system please? Not sure what to delete and the best way to delete Rfactor 2 content.

Many thanks Greame
First way to do it would be go to your rF2 launcher and look for the mod and uninstall it via the launcher like this:
rf2-launcher-uninstall-pacages-1-jpg.263700

I'm not sure, but you may be able to delete it from here after you've uninstalled it.
Just a bit of additional information regarding this - while you can uninstall a resource at any point from within the 'Content Manager' menu, it is only possible to delete a component file from here if the 'packages directory' (i.e. the path at the bottom, in the drop-down menu) is the same as that in which the component file can be found. You will know when the selected 'packages directory' is the same as that in which the component file can be found because a 'tick' will be displayed in the 'Pkg File' column for the resource.

Also, deleting a component file via the 'Content Manager' will not remove it permanently - the file is moved to the Recycle Bin, therefore it can still be easily restored if necessary. ;)

You will notice that many of the items in the above diagram are in italics and have an asterisk at the end of the name - this indicates that the resource (either a track or a car) cannot be uninstalled. There are two instances in which it is not be possible to uninstall resources via the 'Content Manager', and these are as follows (with advice on how to remove these resources):
  • When a resource has been subscribed to via the Steam Workshop - in this case, when you hover over an item in the list, it will tell you that the item is from the Workshop. In order to remove this item you will need to unsubscribe from it in the Workshop.
  • When a resource is in use by another mod - in this case, when you hover over an item in the list, it will tell you that the item is in used by other mods, and these will be listed. If you scroll through the 'Content Manager' list to find items with the 'Type' mod then you must first uninstall those listed as using a resource before you are able to uninstall the resource itself.
I hope this helps! :)

Just to clarify, when the full course yellow is called is it then still allowed to pass up until the countdown is finished, or is no overtaking from when the full course yellow is called.

IMPORTANT!

The server password has now been set for race day. You will need to ask your team manager to provide you the password to access the server. If there are any issues then please contact either me or @Matt Le Gallez.

IMPORTANT!

The server password has now been set for race day. You will need to ask your team manager to provide you the password to access the server. If there are any issues then please contact either me or @Matt Le Gallez.

Wow, the timing, I was just about to go on and get some laps done :cry:
What if your team manager is a twat and asleep right now, do I have to wait for him? Nothing personal @Shawn Jacobs, just need that top spot back:whistling:

Just to clarify, when the full course yellow is called is it then still allowed to pass up until the countdown is finished, or is no overtaking from when the full course yellow is called.

I'd say don't make any passes once the countdown has started to be on the safe side, the reason for the caution may just be around the corner.

However, if you are already half way through passing someone when the countdown starts, you may complete the pass if you can get it done by the time the countdown ends. :thumbsup:

All drivers must have their pit lane speed limiter enabled by the end of the countdown. Hope this clears things up @ARG1980 :)

ANNOUNCEMENT

The 'hot-lap tracker' and 'track map' will be unavailable from 12:00 GMT until tomorrow to allow for final testing to be carried out prior to the event. The server shall be restarted to allow us to switch the live timing application to another server. We shall try to ensure that it is available again as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Links to the live timing pages shall be provided tomorrow morning, once the tool has been re-enabled for the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back