2018 RD Bathurst 1000GT Information & Sign Up

Hey guys, for 3 of us, this is our first ever race in rF2 and we're really looking forward to it. Is there anyway we can do a driver swap in the practice server? I've now got 100 hrs in the sim, but as you guys know, that's not much time in a sim. Anything you guys can offer to help us be a safer team to race with will really help us out.

Cheers:)

Hey guys, for 3 of us, this is our first ever race in rF2 and we're really looking forward to it. Is there anyway we can do a driver swap in the practice server? I've now got 100 hrs in the sim, but as you guys know, that's not much time in a sim. Anything you guys can offer to help us be a safer team to race with will really help us out.

Cheers:)
Here are the steps:

1. Incoming driver connects to server from the launcher
2. Incoming driver sets Spectate to "On" in the Network Settings (bottom of your screen in the Menu)
3. Incoming driver clicks "Race" and loads up
4. Once the incoming driver has finished loading all the cars and is spectating, they click the name of the current driver in the standings and press "P", or whatever you've bound your passenger key to, and then click "Race" (You'll see a message that says "You are now riding with 'current driver name')
5. Current driver requests pit stop and sets the "Driver" setting to the name of the incoming driver
6. Current driver pits, you'll see a message that says "Losing control in x seconds", as the current driver, do not ESC out of the car until the new driver has taken over

***Note: You'll only be able to select the incoming driver from the pit menu once they've pressed "P" and clicked "Race" for good measure. You're going to want to give yourself at least 5 minutes to run through this, as different people have different loading times. All depends on PC specs and connection speeds.

***Also, I'd recommend setting your network settings to at least 4 mbps downstream/1 mbps upstream, don't go below 512 kbps because you'll become at risk of having a failed driver swap. Any significant drop during the data transfer will cause the swap to fail and give the car to the AI or send it to the garage. As long as you have your network settings set up correctly and aren't running any plugins that could affect the transfer, you should be safe. We've done countless swaps in rF2 and have only have issues twice, both times due to swapping to a driver that was not running the same plugin as the outgoing driver.

Last edited:
Late entry, but I'm looking for a team. I'm generally fairly fast and spend the time to practise (just ask ACRL folks about my 1000km of practice total for Donington GP last year ;)).
Can we have a quick chat on TeamSpeak during tonight's club event? :rolleyes: It would be great to have you on board, especially now that I am struggling for drivers due to various circumstances, but I fear that my pace (compared to yours) will be somewhat lacking... :whistling: That being said, I will be happy to put in the practice to ensure that my times are at least reasonable and consistent.

On that note, @Matt Le Gallez, unfortunately RedShift Racing (#85) shall be withdrawing their entry due to a lack of drivers, but BlueShift Racing (#86) should still be good to run in this event albeit with a different line-up. I shall provide an updated list of drivers in due course, once everything is confirmed at our end. I am terribly sorry about this - I do not want to pull out one of our cars, especially at such short notice, because I appreciate that we committed to taking part. This decision has not been taken lightly, but unforeseen situations have sadly left us in a position where we may only have enough drivers for a single car.

@Bobby Pennington - I practiced driver swapping with teamie Pauli on the server last nite. It was our first time too - eventually we worked it out. It's quite straight forward when you know the drill. Something to note: altho you have to run the same set-up, you can change wing settings and tyre compound/pressures (if desired) - but has to be done in the pit menu before the swap takes place. You'll def need to practice it a few times so you're not taking your eyes off the road or slowing down too much while fiddling with the pit menu.

Can we have a quick chat on TeamSpeak during tonight's club event? :rolleyes: It would be great to have you on board, especially now that I am struggling for drivers due to various circumstances, but I fear that my pace (compared to yours) will be somewhat lacking... :whistling: That being said, I will be happy to put in the practice to ensure that my times are at least reasonable and consistent.

Sure, let's talk tonight. :)

@Bobby Pennington - I practiced driver swapping with teamie Pauli on the server last nite. It was our first time too - eventually we worked it out. It's quite straight forward when you know the drill. Something to note: altho you have to run the same set-up, you can change wing settings and tyre compound/pressures (if desired) - but has to be done in the pit menu before the swap takes place. You'll def need to practice it a few times so you're not taking your eyes off the road or slowing down too much while fiddling with the pit menu.
In addition to this, the driver who is due to enter the car can also make limited changes to their setup before selecting the "Race" button. The steering ratio, brake bias, and brake pressure (only if it is enabled for the car) are a few of the settings that can be altered by each driver, before entering the car; unfortunately I cannot remember the full list of these adjustable, per driver settings, but I believe that there are a few more. :geek:

ANNOUNCEMENT

The 'hot-lap tracker' and 'track map' will be unavailable from the time of this post until tomorrow to allow for testing to be carried out prior to next week's event. We shall try to ensure that it is available again as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Ok, after a little research I've found out that the TV Helicopter Pilot has a day job.........and he acts the same way. I'm going to kill him if he doesn't kill me first.
chopper-holden-w1.jpg

62K33331.jpg

Notice he's got more altitude here than he does at Griffin's Mount:D

@Daiman Patel I hope you can help me. I cant join the server, after a fresh install of rfactor2. I have subscribed to the mod and when I join the server it says, checking server for missing componenets and the datatransfer timeout

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%