2018 RD Bathurst 1000GT Information & Sign Up

IMPORTANT!

The RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server shall be down for urgent maintenance from 17:00 GMT until 20:00 GMT. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

Maintenance work in preparation for next week's event is now complete, and the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server has been restarted. The following changes and updates have been applied:
  • The custom skin pack (v2.01) is now available. The component file will be automatically downloaded and installed, via GetMod, upon joining the server, or can be downloaded directly from here. You will notice that the resource is an update for v2.00 of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod; the reason for this is that it significantly reduces the size of the update file, and prevents you from having to unnecessarily download the entirety of the mod.
  • The track has been updated (v2.1) to remove the helicopters. If anybody notices any further issues, or if the helicopters have not disappeared then please let me know as soon as possible. The track will also be downloaded and installed automatically, via GetMod, when you join the server, or it can be downloaded directly from here.
  • Now that the custom skin pack has been released, the times displayed by the hot-lap tracker have been reset. This is predominantly for clarity, and is not directly related to the release of the skin pack. The previous times can be reinstated, but we have not done this because the board had become quite messy as a result of entries being recorded for the same driver in different cars. Apologies for any inconvenience that this causes.
We look forward to seeing you on track next week! :D

Hey guys, numero uno rookie here, buuuuutttt Houston, we may have a problem. Tonight after the server reboot, thank you Daiman Patel I'm not ducking anymore:D, there were a few of us that wanted to go out in a pack and goof off. The cars looked and acted fine, skins looked fine and car drove like it always does. When we were done, I went back to watch the replay and this is what I've got:O_o:
99c240ffe08f0a2c7180f3ebed979ccf.jpg

Maybe I've done something wrong, but I wanted to let those in the know, know about the issue and see how to solve it.

Cheers:)

@Bobby Pennington - this happened to me couple weeks ago when they updated the Endurance pack. When you logged on the server last night it downloaded the updated content and a new rfmod file. However the old file is still installed and when you play the replay the game uses the old file which no longer matches the new content. So it substitutes the cars with Clio pace cars.

You need to delete the old rfmod file. In the Launcher go to the Content folder (2nd one down). You'll see 2 Mod files for this event - uninstall and delete the old one (version 1.1).

I don't know what happened to the skins but our car is completely crooked.
  • side skirts have holes in them, and the texture is off
  • fuel filler cap texture is dislocated
  • wheels are different from original
  • rear wing texture is upside down
  • windshield inside texture is missing

E: ok i noticed the car is now using VEC model, i made the skin for 08FIA model. How we go on about this?

Last edited:

E: ok i noticed the car is now using VEC model, i made the skin for 08FIA model. How we go on about this?
Please send me the .veh file for your car, and I will try to get this sorted tomorrow.

The 4 of us turning into pace cars is great XD actually looks like that could be a fun race to do too. Was a lot of fun running convoy style while getting long stint practice need to do it again soon :)

Could you also please confirm what your car number is please? Thanks! :)

@Daiman Patel I hope you can help me. I cant join the server, after a fresh install of rfactor2. I have subscribed to the mod and when I join the server it says, checking server for missing componenets and the datatransfer timeout
Apologies for the delay to my reply - I had an incredibly busy weekend. I was going to suggest at the time that the problem might have been caused by the GetMod service being unavailable, slowness / issues with Dropbox (which hosts our rFactor 2 resource repository) during peak usage hours, or maybe even your Internet connection. :whistling:

Solved the problem - antivirus!!
I'm glad to hear that you were able to fairly quickly determine the cause and resolve the problem. I saw that not long after posting your first message you were on the server, and this is why I did not respond right away. :giggle: Out of curiosity how did you manage to figure out that the antivirus was at fault? :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT!

The RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server shall be down for urgent maintenance from 19:30 GMT until 19:45 GMT. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

IMPORTANT!

Maintenance work is now complete, and the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 1000GT server has been restarted. The following changes and updates have been applied:
  • An updated version of the custom skin pack (v2.02) is now available. This corrects the livery for #5 Red Bull Sim Racing. The component file will be automatically downloaded and installed, via GetMod, upon joining the server, or can be downloaded directly from here. You will once again notice that the resource is an update for v2.00 of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod; the reason for this is that it significantly reduces the size of the update file, and prevents you from having to unnecessarily download the entirety of the mod.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%