This ' exceeding the track limits ' garbage is yet another rule to penalise the little guys . Obviously you can't allow anyone to deliberately vastly cut corners but common sense should be taken into account that the small teams with the rubbish engines that handle like dogs are going to have to push way , way harder than the likes of Mercedes and therefore it's inevitable that they'll go over more kerbs just because the car wont handle the way they want it rather than deliberately trying to cut corners . Gasly's first lap looked fine to me .

So, would they go as wide if there was a wall there, instead of tarmac run-off? Or if it was grass?

The cars with "rubbish engines" will presumably have lower corner speeds too, so is exceeding the track limits more a case of sloppy driving?

No its a case of them having nowhere near the budget of the big boys like Ferrari and Mercedes and the handling is down to the car . If Hamilton and Vettel were in a Williams they would be hitting the kerbs ( and beyond ) left right and centre but they dont need to because their cars are so fast and handle so well .

@Bruce Banner

It has nothing to do with top teams/lower teams, engines, money or whatever, it has everything to do wtih driving skills. No-one hit those sausage kerbs which are placed there to not exceed tracklimits. The only guy who went over it, damaged his car well enough to strand in Q1. You may call that 'garbage', I call it 'justice'. Let's say that at least he paid tribute to his own kerbs. (someone has to do it)

Last edited:
This ' exceeding the track limits ' garbage is yet another rule to penalise the little guys . Obviously you can't allow anyone to deliberately vastly cut corners but common sense should be taken into account that the small teams with the rubbish engines that handle like dogs are going to have to push way , way harder than the likes of Mercedes and therefore it's inevitable that they'll go over more kerbs just because the car wont handle the way they want it rather than deliberately trying to cut corners . Gasly's first lap looked fine to me .

Every driver in F1 is pushing as hard as possible on decisive Q laps. If you watched Hamilton's pole lap, he went almost on the grass in turn 9 (disgusting cutting, but allowed by FIA so not Hamilton's fault).

@Bruce Banner

It has nothing to do with top teams/lower teams, engines, money or whatever, it has everything to do wtih driving skills. No-one hit those sausage kerbs which are placed there to not exceed tracklimits. The only guy who went over it, damaged his car well enough to strand in Q1. You may call that 'garbage', I call it 'justice'. Let's say that at least he paid tribute to his own kerbs. (someone has to do it)

Max hater or troll? Nothing to do with qalification today. You never stop :sleep:

Was trackside today at COTA. So, presenting to you ladies and gentd: the British Rapper, Sainz, Kimi and the Finger Boy in that order..

It's typical of this season, when the chips are down and the pressure is on Lewis pulls out a sublime lap. I'm looking forward to the race, it'll be interesting to see if LH can wrap things up or not.

Max hater or troll? Nothing to do with qalification today. You never stop :sleep:

The truth is that Verstappen clipped the sausage kerb at the exit of Turn 15 towards the end of Q1, with the impact resulting in a rear-left suspension failure and subsequent driveshaft issue:cautious:. Perhaps in turn 15 USA GP 2019 is going to have Verstoppen number 2.:D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%