2018 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

While everyone stare (and who could possibly blame you) at another R.(i)P.-F.I. team mates clash, did anyone noted that Grosjean actually cut the first corner ? :whistling:
Any get away with it. And I'm pretty sure he gain some advantage in process. Charlie Brown Whiting must be staring at those two himself hmm...

Well remember when LH cut the corner at Mexico with no issue?
Anyway pretty sure Renault will lodge a complaint.....

I pay good money for it I enjoy the practice, the quali, the build up and pre show and race. I find it hugely entertaining even when it's dull there's someone like Perez causing chaos. The lead of this race was largely dull after the start, but we've seen Lewis bog down before and ruin his race, nothing quite as disastrous as last year though. I am not a fan of this circuit or Monaco for that matter but I've enjoyed the pomp and pagentry of this event and thought the 1st place car park was pretty awesome.

I believe the Ferrari is the better car this season but the team and drivers have let the brand down so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how Leclerc gets on next year I think he'll show up Seb much like Max has with Danny Ric.

Great to see a Mclaren making it to the end of the race too.

Another day at the office for Lewis. All season long I've been hearing about Ferrari's faster package but Lewis keeps controlling the weekends, and keeping Ferrari cars and Vettel in his rear view mirrors. Poor Vettel though, between him and his team they don't seem to trust each other at all.
But not a typical day in the office, looking at how hard this race was on all the drivers. And the Ferrari may be the faster car, but Lewis is the better driver and that makes the Lewis/Mercedes package the best package on the grid.

Perez' behavior today was disappointing to say the least
He deserved a 10 second penalty instead of a drive-through for such aggression.
It was questionable if he saw Ocon but he sure as heck saw Sirotkin.
Sirotkin/Hartley could have been down to an under-steering car.
I have to give him the benefit of doubt.
Max and Lewis did an excellent job.
Ferrari made the wrong call with those tires on Vettel's car.
Still scratching my head over that one.
Did they not watch qualifying?
Everybody on Saturday wanted to get those off the car as quick as possible.

I don't mind a strategic race but **** me that was atrocious today. It just never got going at all which is odd for Singapore.

Well, it's been that way pretty much all season long. Races with just one stop for tires suck. I would go back to offering only two tire compounds per race instead of 3, and offer the softest possible compounds. Just my opinion...

Can't beleave Ferrari opted for the softer tire after the pit stop. A rookie error.
Were they expecting Mercedes to copy that choice? Were they expecting a safety car? Did Vettel imposed that choice to the team?
As a result he couldn't push or he would not be able to take those tires to the end. Another strange error from Ferrari strategists.

Can't beleave Ferrari opted for the softer tire after the pit stop. A rookie error.
Were they expecting Mercedes to copy that choice? Were they expecting a safety car? Did Vettel imposed that choice to the team?
As a result he couldn't push or he would not be able to take those tires to the end. Another strange error from Ferrari strategists.
They brought only one set of softs for both cars this weekend ... they expected to be on pole, and control the race.

Yesterday was the most boring race of the season (i invited some friends and our girlfriends to watch the race and have diner together...I was a mix between disappointment and embarassment at the end of the race, have to thank Perez and Sirotkin for not make us fall asleep).
Anyway, great job by Hamilton, they weren't the favourites and still won, also Sky Sport Italy during qualifies wasn't expecting such a fast time.
I didn't understand Ferrari choice to put Ultrasofts to Vettel, maybe they hoped for a safety car but it seems a stupid move in a critical point of the season. I feel like it was their last chance, now they need a miracle.
About Perez, drive trough wasn't enough, ruined teammate race and that move with Sirotkin was unnecessary

Last edited:
Yesterday was the most boring race of the season (i invited some friends and our girlfriends to watch the race and have diner together...I was a mix between disappointment and embarassment at the end of the race, have to thank Perez and Sirotkin for not make us fall asleep)...
You should really have some alternatives when it comes to being entertained by one F1 race. :unsure:
Next time... dunno... have chess table prepared. Or play strip poker instead. That usually helps. Especially if ladies are under 62. :geek:

They brought only one set of softs for both cars this weekend ... they expected to be on pole, and control the race.

Yes they had only one set and that brand new set was available for race but because they didn't know how the soft will work in this situation_because it was one set! and when you have one set you can't use it in practice if you want it for race and if you didn't test it on practice you won't normally use it for the race,they can't just use a trye that they don't know how it will do this time, the actual strategy error is this_ compare to mercedes using soft for ferrari was a gamble but for mercedes was a tested stint ,so ferrari had to go by a tested stint and it was ultra, just by watching their tyre choice for this weekend i was thinking it could go wrong and i was expecting this strategy after the qualy just by checking the tyre choice and available tyre for race....

DnMo2EUcAA9hzy.jpg
* normally i post available race sets in the forums but i forgot this time lol

also it's not the end , it was only about why the don't use softs ,now if ferrari wanted to go for a 2 stop they had to use a used hyper/ultra for their 3rd stint , who know may be those sets were too worn to be considered so they have to stick with the worst one-stop strategy , early pit stop on hyper for ultra... the only choice for a good one stop (for top 10) was pitting for soft and for ferrari it was gamble and when they have decided to do it it was too late for kimi, the only team who was able to use a good 2 stop was redbull as they had 2 sets of brand new ultra but even they have decided to do one stop , an normal pit stop for max to go with soft and a late pit stop for ric to go with ultra.
but at the end i don't think using soft for vettel could make a big difference , maybe the could end the race closer to hamilton
and hey it's just my personal opinion so i could be wrong :D

You should really have some alternatives when it comes to being entertained by one F1 race. :unsure:
Next time... dunno... have chess table prepared. Or play strip poker instead. That usually helps. Especially if ladies are under 62. :geek:
One friend decided to invite his gf so i thought "i usually watch races with my girlfriend so why not invite her", yesterday i was too optimistic...

One friend decided to invite his gf so i thought "i usually watch races with my girlfriend so why not invite her", yesterday i was too optimistic...
I was optimistic about it too , i had a similar day like you, but i have decided to watch only with motorsport lovers , or at least get them drunk instead of a friendly dinner, then everyone can enjoy even an old family album let alone a f1 race :D
personally i can be entertained even by watching a single f1 or any other sport cars like lmp2/GT/dpi/indy doing hot laps for +60 laps everyweek, if there were overtakes i will enjoy it but if the overtakes were low i have no problem but not everyone think like this :D

Whether you like Hamilton or not I don't think anyone could deny he's on top form this year. He's snatched victory from Ferrari on merit so many times this year.

Driver of the Day: Hamilton. He takes away another victory that was supposed to go to Ferrari or Red Bull. Of course, many chose not Hamilton and I'm sure that'll never change.

Bonehead of the Day: Perez. He just drove like an ass.

Amazing job by Hamilton, his quali lap was one of the best I have seen from him.

Pity the race was so lacklustre. Nothing of interest happened at the front as the drivers all spent the whole race looking after their tyres rather than racing and track position was supreme. What a disappointment and it highlights how much work needs to be done to make sure the 2021 regulations allow drivers to follow each other more closely.

I would much prefer to see drivers able to take a gamble on a two stop strategy and having the ability to come back through the field. Instead they all do the least number of stops possible to limit the risk of getting stuck behind someone they can't pass!

Championship is Hamilton's to loose now. Considering his driving this season he deserves the title.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.7%