2018 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

That lap from Hamilton was just AMAZING!! Anybody that has ever doubted him should watch that, yet another in a catalogue of incredible pole laps. To beat Vettell by over 6/tenths was just mind blowing:thumbsup:

Amazing lap by Lewis, mind blowing.

For all the Dutch and Max haters. On Dutch tv was said: the Mercedes engine is 12 km/h quicker on the main straight compared to the Renault engine (at the speed trap). Nothing with 12 seconds.

It's true that Max has nothing to loose, Vettel everything. If Vettel does the same thing as last year's start.... He only has himself to blame.

Go Lewis go!!!!

• Deleted member 113561

On Dutch tv was said: the Mercedes engine is 12 km/h quicker on the main straight compared to the Renault engine (at the speed trap). Nothing with 12 seconds.
Which is also a sentence that probably is not completely true.

We don't know when this was measured (ie. grip, air temps, track temps, etc.), with what setup, if car was running full power or not (or even full ERS boosted on the straight), which tires, which conditions, etc. etc. etc. we already know though that Verstappens engine was quite worn, so that is already a significant factor.
We saw a lot of glorification incl. spreading misinformation, to have him look better, from Verstappen fans, so I would take 12 kph with a huge pinch of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crashtappen will probably take Hamilton out this time. He doesn't care who he takes out, just anyone in his way when he has rush of blood. All these crashes happen because nowadays they know they won't die. Almost Sim-Racing really :)

3 people voted for Grosjean, funny stuff
Now he have 4. :giggle:
Can't really let Sirotkin and Stroll have more votes than him, can I ? :confused:
That's even funnier stuff.
Fan voting or we simply have people here who are "gamblers anonymous" memebers. Maybe both.
Go Max go ! Go into Lewis, Vettel wins, so we can have our championship back. Not a fan really, just like when I'm entertained. :) And I'm talking about championship fight not guys crashing into each other - disclaimer.

Even when Max shows a great performance, it is always the same people here that keep on ‘thrashing’ him. A real F1 fan will also admit when someone which they may not like (which is fine, because we all have our favorites), does a great job. I am no Lewis fan... but his lap yesterday was ‘out of this world’. And if you listen to Max’s interview yesterday (yes.. on Dutch TV), it is a miracle that he still was only 0.3s slower with an engine that was having so many torque issues on a circuit like Singapore.

Even when Max shows a great performance, it is always the same people here that keep on ‘thrashing’ him.
It's also the same people who keep overrating him. They defend every stupid move he makes at all costs.
A real F1 fan will also admit when someone which they may not like (which is fine, because we all have our favorites), does a great job.
A real F1 fan also admits that he's heavily overrated and not as good as (especially) Dutch people give him credit for. Most people in other countries are more objective and not orange-glassed.
And if you listen to Max’s interview yesterday (yes.. on Dutch TV), it is a miracle that he still was only 0.3s slower with an engine that was having so many torque issues on a circuit like Singapore.
Of course, the Dutch tv and Horner are one big-happy-good-news show, that's why I stick to Sky Sports. I find the difference between Ricciardo and Verstappen very suspect to say the least. Since Ricciardo announced his departure, it's "Max this", "Max that" (if it wasn't already). Bleh.

So you see, there are always two sides of the coin.

Last edited:
Even when Max shows a great performance, it is always the same people here that keep on ‘thrashing’ him. A real F1 fan will also admit when someone which they may not like (which is fine, because we all have our favorites), does a great job. I am no Lewis fan... but his lap yesterday was ‘out of this world’. And if you listen to Max’s interview yesterday (yes.. on Dutch TV), it is a miracle that he still was only 0.3s slower with an engine that was having so many torque issues on a circuit like Singapore.

Totally agree!!
Redbull have no pary mode and Max struggle with his engine yesterday.
Same people always complain about Max. I hope for a good race no engine failure for the Redbulls. But I doubt.
It's also the same people who keep overrating him. They defend every stupid move he makes at all costs.

A real F1 fan also admits that he's heavily overrated and not as good as (especially) Dutch people give him credit for. Most people in other countries are more objective and not orange-glassed.

Of course, the Dutch tv and Horner are one big-happy-good-news show, that's why I stick to Sky Sports. I find the difference between Ricciardo and Verstappen very suspect to say the least. Since Ricciardo announced his departure, it's "Max this", "Max that" (if it wasn't already). Bleh.

Are you serious?
Ricardo has had enough opportunities from the beginning to defeat Max.
Finally he was the number one driver before Max came to Redbull.
I like Daniel Ricardo no doubt! And expected a good race today from him because he is always special on street circuits. Love both drivers.

Everything can happen on a track like Singapore. Hope Max keep he keeps his head from the start. And no engine failures. And hope for Vettel that he does not stuppid things like last year. For him it is crucial he take points today.

Are you serious?
Ricardo has had enough opportunities from the beginning to defeat Max.
Finally he was the number one driver before Max came to Redbull.
Yes, I am serious.
Ricciardo was/still is the better driver, he doesn't makes stupid mistakes.
Unfortunately there's no point fighting for him when Verstappen gets all the benefits from Horner and Marko in the background, although they'll never admit that in public. Ricciardo said that he had 'car' problems while Verstappen had 'engine' problems. A car problem indicates that RedBull is holding Ricciardo off somehow, the engine problem is something Renault related and beyond RedBull's control. That's why I find it suspect. Ricciardo also was the better driver when Vettel was his teammate, but I start to belief RedBull doesn't like him that much.

Anyway, I hope Hamilton wins the race. He's showing great driving skills and deserves to be WDC again.
Hope you Have a Nice race today!:thumbsup:
Same to you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The "crashtappen" thing is just banter, nevermind the patriotic snowflakes who can't take it. Couldn't care less about nationality.

One of the best & fastest drivers on the grid, but it's also true that he crashes more than anyone else out there. Needs to control that to ever be a title contender.

Last edited:
The "crashtappen" thing is just a joke, nevermind the patriotic snowflakes who can't take it. Couldn't care less about nationality.

One of the best & fastest drivers on the grid, but it's also true that he crashes more than anyone else out there. Needs to control that to ever be a title contender.

Max was on young age in F1.. of course he makes mistakes. Same as leclerc next year by Ferrari. If your driving for a top team. Everybody has his opinium fans from Lewis and Vettel... dont like his speed. And media is always everywhere to write about his mistakes.

It's amazing.
It's really amazing how you guys manage to turn every goddamn F1 topic in neverending Max-soap opera. Can't we just talk about the damn race ??
He's obviously not the only one on the grid. I personaly don't like him, but why denying that spoiled brat is fast. :geek:
Or on the other hand... saying that he's always right and it's never his fault.
Let's talk about a... a Vandoorne for a change ?
He's Dutch too, you know... :giggle:
:rolleyes:

Stoffel Dutch? Wow, when did that happen?:confused: He speaks Dutch, but he is from Belgium (the Dutch speaking part called Vlaanderen). Maybe Hulkenberg is also Dutch, because he can speak Dutch as well?:rolleyes: Can be quite confusing for people who don’t speak Dutch.:D

About the Max soap-opera... I agree... but just tired of people making these ‘jokes’ when it really are no jokes. They are just trolling trying to trigger responses from other people.

Why did nobody (commentating on C4) spot that Vettel dropped 20 seconds over the last 10-15 laps?

Maybe if Bottas had got past the Renault he may have caught up.

Probably wouldn't have been able to pass though if his troubles behind Hulkenberg are anything to go by.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back