2018 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

So BLAND, So corporate. So predictable, So banal so boring......hell that encompasses Formula one. Hell this even defines LH career....Yes you guessed it i'am so bored with Formula One. Now do this with the clash I am so bored with the USA.....

What the hell happened to F1....................................

Another case of Nostalgia with a hint of Juvenoia...F1 evolved, that's what happened to it. It's a sport based around evolving technology. It can't stay stuck in the 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's/00's (insert favorite decade of F1 here). Also, tell me which sport with the level of viewers as F1 has no corporate sponsorship? I'll wait.

Stop being the old man shouting "Get off my lawn!"...If you don't like today's F1, stay off the F1 forums and go watch old F1 seasons where no one or two teams had a car obviously more powerful than the others...If you can find such a mythical season :roflmao:

And managed to blame Magnussen, not to forget :thumbsdown:
Actually magnussen divebombed in the last corner of the outlap, clearly ruining alonso's lap as he didn't have the space to slow down and build a gap then. Alonso then figured out that his best chance was to try to overtake magnussen in t1 and keep the position. Magnussen defended and they ended up 2-wide in t1, ruining both laps. Magnussen is the one not being a gentleman and ruining alonso's lap even before the start of it, Alonso only tried to re-take the position for the hotlap.
I understand this is a forum and first we talk, then we think and inform ourselves, but it really doesn't take much to find out what happened and then accuse people.

https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/1035904433455030273
Video and Report
DmBUvTdXgAAvE_F.jpg:large

[QUOTE="johndough247, post: 2818732, member: 249139 "Stop being the old man shouting "Get off my lawn!"... :roflmao:[/QUOTE]
IIRC that 'Old Man' was packing a 7.62 Garand......;)

Actually magnussen divebombed in the last corner of the outlap, clearly ruining alonso's lap as he didn't have the space to slow down and build a gap then. Alonso then figured out that his best chance was to try to overtake magnussen in t1 and keep the position. Magnussen defended and they ended up 2-wide in t1, ruining both laps. Magnussen is the one not being a gentleman and ruining alonso's lap even before the start of it, Alonso only tried to re-take the position for the hotlap.
I understand this is a forum and first we talk, then we think and inform ourselves, but it really doesn't take much to find out what happened and then accuse people.

Can't agree, watch the video again on twitter.
On the back straight long before the turn, Alonso is suddently braking and shifting down, accelerating, braking again, all while swaying, to heat his tyres up. Magnussen had a choice of being forced to brake or pass Alonso, which he did with no drama, ceetainly no divebombing.
What IS clear is that Alonso is slipstreaming, on purpose even when Magnussen defends.
Then the aweful turn in and out, Alonso could've made room on the exit.
So, even though stewards claim no further action, it's just hilarious Alonso blaimed Mag.

Can't agree, watch the video again on twitter.
On the back straight long before the turn, Alonso is suddently braking and shifting down, accelerating, braking again, all while swaying, to heat his tyres up. Magnussen had a choice of being forced to brake or pass Alonso, which he did with no drama, ceetainly no divebombing.
What IS clear is that Alonso is slipstreaming, on purpose even when Magnussen defends.
Then the aweful turn in and out, Alonso could've made room on the exit.
So, even though stewards claim no further action, it's just hilarious Alonso blaimed Mag.
Can't have a conversation with a hater i suppose...If you think Kmag couldn't wait 3 seconds to build a gap from Alonso, then i don't know what to tell you. I'd be curious to see this happen to you in a race, i'm sure you welcome people overtaking you on the last corner before the hotlap...

Move on Alonso. He is already done with F1 up in his head, and now he just do what ever he wants, and with no consequences from FIA - so sad. I think the on board from Alonso says it all.

Can't have a conversation with a hater i suppose...If you think Kmag couldn't wait 3 seconds to build a gap from Alonso, then i don't know what to tell you. I'd be curious to see this happen to you in a race, i'm sure you welcome people overtaking you on the last corner before the hotlap...

First of all, you stop patronizing me.

Second, back to being civilized, I have all the right to think, conclude and mean, that Alonso's behavior was laughable, before, during and after the incident, when he came to Magnussen after the qualifying.

Let's just end it here. Cheers :)

So BLAND, So corporate. So predictable, So banal so boring......hell that encompasses Formula one. Hell this even defines LH career....Yes you guessed it i'am so bored with Formula One. Now do this with the clash I am so bored with the USA.....

What the hell happened to F1....................................
Kimi on pole... very predictable? I think this season we finally will have a battle between Mercedes and Ferrari for both world champioships until the end of the season and in the meanwhile Red Bull has won 3 GP’s already as well. Liking the season so far, but still disappointed that Red Bull again is no contendor for both world championships.

Kimi on pole... very predictable? I think this season we finally will have a battle between Mercedes and Ferrari for both world champioships until the end of the season and in the meanwhile Red Bull has won 3 GP’s already as well. Liking the season so far, but still disappointed that Red Bull again is no contendor for both world championships.

Yeah, like it or not, this season is the best this decade, with not only 2 teams figthing for the championship, but also midfield teams figthing for best of the rest, young rookie shootingstars, retiring legends whining and setting laprecords, the wildest sillyseason in the hybrid era, I can go on.
Face it, having fond childhood memories is one thing, and it was thrilling when drivers were a lot more at risk, but F1 has taken a turnpoint this season and is going the right way to improve.

Move on Alonso. He is already done with F1 up in his head, and now he just do what ever he wants, and with no consequences from FIA - so sad. I think the on board from Alonso says it all.

Alonso was the only one with the intelligence to point out what happened with the gap at Parabolica as he said all drivers were leaving the same gap on out lap
That is why they arrive at Turn 1 the same time not because of Alonso
Even if Alonso had got out of it Kevin had already compromised himself into T1 no matter what
It 's not rocket science :)

I think they miss the bigger picture
I rather Alonso retires after Italy, it would re-energize things, get Kubica in and play some musical chairs with McLaren BEFORE next year, make them earn it

===========

I know I brought this up before but why do they allow cars starting at
the back of grid to record laptimes in Qualifying ?

I just like to know the logic behind it ?

Ricciardo cost Perez Q2 and all things being equal a 7th or 8th on grid

Ridiculous rule in my opinion

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play