2018 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

About Max, time will tell. It's not only Max, like his dad never the best car, they have to push much more to keepup. Did you see Alonso at the Indy 500, there cars are more equal, that does more then the driver alone.

About Max, time will tell. It's not only Max, like his dad never the best car, they have to push much more to keepup.
Yeah, Max never had a car capable of winning.....(ALO nearly won in 2010 and 2012 with a trash can)
The start of this season alone proves that Verstappen needs one or even two more seasons to become mature enough to compete for the WDC.

Horner today about Max's crash at Bahrein: "There was no power surge. He just made a mistake".
Everybody ****s up once and a while, recognise it, accept it, and be honest about it. No bullshit story's about a power surge...

With the long straight the Mercedes drivers have to be really incompetent not to get P1 and P2.
Actually in the first 2 races they were not the fastest on the straights.
Still pretty clear they can use a "party mode" a.k.a. qually map to exploit better the engine on the single lap.

With the long straight the Mercedes drivers have to be really incompetent not to get P1 and P2.
If Mexico 2017 can be any comparison for the long straight, Max actually beat everyone to the first turn. And when it comes to speed traps, Mercedes doesn't have the top speed you'd expect. Never have, actually, as they have consistently been outside the top 3 cars for a couple seasons now. If anything, the long straight could make it worse for Mercedes. It seems acceleration has always been their strongest point, so you'd expect Monaco or Singapore to be their best races. The only reason Red Bull competes at those two circuits is their downforce and cornering speeds.

I don't think Mercedes is the strongest this year. Bottas could'nt pass Vettel even with drs, Max could have passed Ham without the tire hit. It will be close in China, we talk when the race is over.:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

I don't think Mercedes is the strongest this year. Bottas could'nt pass Vettel even with drs, Max could have passed Ham without the tire hit. It will be close in China, we talk when the race is over.:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

I badly want you to be correct, but I still have this nagging suspicion Mercedes has the pace to be in the driver's seat for the championship.

Yeah, Ferrari's taken the first 2, but I'm just not sold yet.

WTH is everyone talking about MAX... are you mad. There are 4 drivers competing for the win. The primary drivers for both teams more likely to succeed (due to predictable(at least for merc) nature of current tyres). This is a Mercedes season just like the previous ones... just with slightly lesser gap in points to Ferrari.

PS. Friendly recommendation, move to V8 Supercars for actual racing and good tracks. This season promises to be the most competitive for a long time for number of cars challenging for top spots. Last seasons wnner was decided by 0.001% of season points difference. Additionally there is the heightened battle of big money american team (Penske) vs. big money (redbull) aussie team (triple8). If you want proof watch last seasons last race. 2017 - V8 Supercars - Newcastle Race 2.

RBR keeps having problems with reliability. Yes a blown turbo can happen but also Max gave feedback about the performance of his car. Same -bad- feeling and behavior of his car as in Baku. Sounds promising....

First things first: quali here we come.

For me Verstappen lacks the maturity his father lacked as well, sure they can do well but not over the duration of a season which separates the grand prix winners from the champions.
I might have agreed 12 months ago but I find Verstappen showing signs of maturity and a surprising lack of 'Hamilton' like obnoxiousness. And he is learning with each race, not a contender yet but even a cynic like myself expects he can grab the big brass ring. FWIW I noticed some ill informed comment regarding Jos Verstappen 'never having a good car'........hardly, he debuted for Benetton in 1994 which was a competitive device, but he did nothing with it aside from giving us a spectacular 'Fire Show' at Hockenheim and forming a mobile chicane for most of the year. From then on he just went further down to the bottom and beyond.

Last edited:
ricciardo went out 3 min before q1 ends (they were changing engine since the middle of fp3) and he was able to do only 1 timed lap! and he is in q2 :D

1st row ferrari
2nd row Merc
3rd row redbulls

Last edited:
The tables are turning. Ferrari has found som thecnological advantage that they are hiding behind that car, just like the blown diffuser advantage that Redbull(or was it Brown?) had in the past.

The tables are turning. Ferrari has found som thecnological advantage that they are hiding behind that car, just like the blown diffuser advantage that Redbull(or was it Brown?) had in the past.

Brawn GP had that blown diffuser. I just don't think it is possible for teams to hide such a big advantage with such limitations for car design...

I think it has to do more with the tyres. They are way softer this season and Ferrari was always much better with the softer tyres. Mercedes almost don't gain any time on some compounds. In Silverstone for example we will see a completely different story. As we will in the race tomorrow (it will be soft/medium tyres I believe).

It's a welcome change though!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back