2018 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix Discussion Thread

I agree, the Mercedes is flattering Bottas at the moment. He is a safe pair of hands, but little else. I don't agree, however, that the 'top 3' came into F1 as complete drivers. All three showed their immaturity in their earlier years. Hamilton, especially, has transformed from a fast hot-head into a much more rational, mature driver. Alonso too, shows a lot more thought and respect for his follow drivers than he used to. Sadly, I think Vettel is still on that journey... :rolleyes:
Never said they were "complete" I meant fast really, or maybe that should be really fast! End of the day Bottas is just not quite at their level in terms of outright pace especially in qualifying. Shame, as I had high hopes for him when he was at Williams. In the same situation as Hamilton, would Bottas have done 3 cars in one move, I have to wonder :whistling: - completely opportunistic, but left them all just enough room, and well done to Hulkenberg in the Renault for actually managing to see Hamilton was coming past too.
Agree, Vettel still needs to grow up more, lets hope he has learned from last year's antics and the associated bad comments from most people that came from them.

We'll just have to wait and see where Riccardo ends up next year. Surely he will be top both Mercedes and Ferrari wishlist for the 2nd seat (but not a no.2 driver) in either team as Verstappen has been locked down by Red Bull.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%