2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my first podium in RDTCC !
smiley.gif
i am happy .......i love suzuka , and put in a good quali lap to start 4th .....in the race there was a lot of confusion , as people were disconnecting or dropped to back ....but i was able to run a consistent pace and look after my tires as well in the first stint , and after my pit stop ,i had my sights on 2nd , but had an unfortunate spin ...so settled for 3rd ! :)

thanks for the race everyone , also thanks for putting the stream up on youtube quickly

Well done Ryan on the win.

Shame we couldn't maybe have a battle later on after my spin but the FPS was undrivable. Odd because I went and drove some rF2 after which I generally consider to perform worse than SCE and had no problems. A bit gutting to probably lose a shot at the title basically down to technical issues but it is a part of the game. Bring on Bathurst :)

I just tried this version of Bathurst for the first time, and the first time I have ever ran a super v8 there, and wow this is a fun track! First off Patrick and ORSM did a fantastic job and it really is a very high quality track, but this could be a fun track and combo just to drive! (Actually maybe it would be better to just hotlap, as the racing will be crazy!) This should be a great and exciting finish for the season.

Last edited:
  • Name: Daniel Monteiro
  • Round Number: All
  • Reason: Signing out of the series due to other commitments in other leagues and life.
So basically you've signed up for this series that clearly said in the sign up that we expect you to be present at all the races and you've reported absences on 3 races and didn't show up on the race of yesterday. Quality stuff m8, 0 out of 4.

• Name: Tobias Röhner
  • Round Number: 4
  • Reason: Weekend seminar for my education.
Yeah, the thing I thought would keep me away from RDGPC and now doesn't keeps me away from RDTCC instead... sorry everybody :(

Right after I tried a couple laps of Bathurst on SCE I then tried a couple on AMS (just in case we switched to it), but I had some stuttering and it wasn't smooth. Even after dropping the visuals down significantly it was still a bit rough. Anyone else have trouble with the track in AMS? Or perhaps add on tracks in AMS are just more challenging to run the default content or add on tracks to SCE?

Time progression is set to normal. I played around with a few settings in the nvidia control panel and it is improved but still doesn't seem very smooth to me. I kept lowering settings until I tried high on track settings, medium on texture, medium player, medium opponents (and this has been with just myself on track, no AI) billinear or possibly trillinear, 2x AA, prerendered frames are set to 1, fps is 110, and pretty much all other AA and texture settings off in Nvidia control. It still seemed like perhaps there were microstutters, or at least trackside objects seem strange or distracting once going up the hill. Also with the settings this low the track boundary lines were super blurry. I don't have a high end system, but other tracks in AMS seem easier to cope with running mostly high settings and 8x csaa. I also have all special effects and shadows disabled. Also, AMS seems to run as well or slightly better perhaps than SCE on most tracks, but here it is the opposite, I can run mostly high settings on SCE and it runs noticeably nicer than the low settings do on AMS. I am not sure if there is any issue, or perhaps with tracks being updated to AMS standards they are a little more challenging on a lower system like mine. (core 2 quad q6600 2.4 8gb ram and a gtx560ti)

Of course this is only a concern for me if we switch to AMS for the final race.

Try with time progression set to none, that alone can cause such stutters. From graphics the shadows, opponent detail, shadow blur and special effects are the main hogs, along with anisotropic filtering. Most of the issues are down to the CPU though, not the graphics card actually, so it might even help to stress the GPU a bit (did for me) and let that be the bottleneck.

I have fps limited to 124, opponent detail high, special effects low, shadows medium, blur off, and 4x/4x anti-aliasing from the control panel. I also found that letting prerendered frames be controlled by the application can help with a few titles without introducing too noticable a latency.

Tamas thank you for the help and suggestions, I appreciate it! I will have to try other default tracks again and see what it does. Unfortunately even if setting the time progression to none helped, I believe it is normally set to normal for any RD races, or would be set to normal I assume if we finish the last round with AMS.

@Slalom823 From a previous discussion I had, it seems that setting Max pre-rendered frames to 1 in the Nvidia control panel help a lot in AMS. And maybe in addition to that, try caping the max frame rate to 60. I hope you will find a good compromise!

Thanks Alex, I did set pre-rendered frames to 1 and I think that helped a little. Everything else hasn't been too noticeable, but I think it is playable, and with some more tweaking could be better. I have kept the max frame rate at 120, but should consider that. Does anyone know if lowering the frame rate affects input lag? My monitor is 60hz, so it shouldn't affect visuals from my understanding, but in the past I have heard it can affect wheel inputs having a lower frame rate.

Frame rate limit doesn't seem to affect the input latency, vsync does. You can try 93 also, that's what I use in Assetto (60Hz here as well).

One last idea, what setting do you use for force feedback? 360 pure or 180? Setting it to the lower might also help.

Regarding time progression, if it turns out to be a generic issue for most, I suppose we can discuss having it off for the final race (in case we switch to AMS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes