2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast would be nice but i'm spending to much time giving the walls some love. Obviously they find my car attractive!!
Don't think we've had this much fun in a while! Mighty Forth and Mighty Forth II team's will be up at the front for sure so we need to ahead of you lot somehow :cool:

Yes some walls seem to have powerful magnets for my car too.

Don't think you'll have too much problem being ahead of me! I can see there being a lot of carnage at this track somehow. Have to say though so far, the driving standards in this series has been well above average and impressive.

Have to say though so far, the driving standards in this series has been well above average and impressive.

I think the driving etiquette has been fantastic. These cars are beasts and people have had some close side by side racing. With very little or no contact most the time.

Yes some walls seem to have powerful magnets for my car too.

Don't think you'll have too much problem being ahead of me! I can see there being a lot of carnage at this track somehow. Have to say though so far, the driving standards in this series has been well above average and impressive.

Totaly agree with everything you said. After mainly playing on console and finally turning to PC in Jan this league has been a breath of fresh air. Very impressed with the driving standards especially with these cars.

Ref the message. I will find myself in D2 due to my internet failing Saturday afternoon. If there is only a small number of people Joing in D2 then I may struggle to find motivation. 60 mins racing against 4 or 5 people is not what I signed up for but we will see if we get anymore sign ups

Round 3 - Suzuka
Final race results can be found here.

Pre-Race:

Driver: @John Lock
Penalty: Removal from RDTCC.
Reason: Unreported absence.
Evidence: Server logs
Driver: @DrSayers (Nick Sayers)
Penalty: Removal from RDTCC.
Reason: Unreported absence.
Evidence: Server logs
Driver: @Andrew Harper
Penalty: Back of the grid start for Round 4. Must remain in pit lane for the entirety of qualifying.
Reason: Signing out after the cutoff time.
Evidence: Absence notice
Driver: @praxtonio (Sergio Mengual)
Penalty: Back of the grid start for Round 4. Must remain in pit lane for the entirety of qualifying.
Driver: @Gareth Messham

Race

Driver: @Brezeanu Adrian
Penalty: 50 seconds added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of Article 6.1
Evidence: Screenshots
Driver: @Genci Estebanez
Penalty: 50 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Ian Le Messurier
Penalty: 25 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
Penalty: 20 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Paul Le Messurier
Penalty: 10 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Morello (Will New)
Penalty: 10 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Mike Bell
Penalty: 5 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Niranjan (Niranjan Kumar)
Penalty: 5 seconds added to total race time.
Driver: @Dan ONeill
Penalty: Reprimand.
Driver: @Mark Breslin
Penalty: Reprimand.

So i put hours and hours of practice in like everybody else, come race day for Suzuka i find i have no internet at all. Spend hours on the phone to Sky to try and sort it but the issue couldnt be resolved and i dont make the race. And now iv been punished for not being able to make the race due to my internet failing. How the heck did i know it was going to fail 24hours before the start of the race.

I will return my crystal ball to get it replaced.

So i put hours and hours of practice in like everybody else, come race day for Suzuka i find i have no internet at all. Spend hours on the phone to Sky to try and sort it but the issue couldnt be resolved and i dont make the race. And now iv been punished for not being able to make the race due to my internet failing. How the heck did i know it was going to fail 24hours before the start of the race.

I will return my crystal ball to get it replaced.
That sux mate, but how did Seb know his engine was gonna go bust before the start line at Bahrain so he couldn't race? Different problem, both relevant for the scenario.

It does seem unfortunate. I imagine that you did all you could to notify the admin prior to the race and it is a bummer you couldn't make it, plus not getting any points. I imagine the admin did think through it before making any quick decision though, and at least you weren't placed down into server two. I actually wonder if normally in this situation based on the league rules if the person would have to go to server two since they missed. So perhaps they wanted to make sure you at least stayed in server one, and that was the compromise. Either way, sorry for you poor luck last weekend and hopefully you still can have a fun race.

It does seem unfortunate. I imagine that you did all you could to notify the admin prior to the race and it is a bummer you couldn't make it, plus not getting any points. I imagine the admin did think through it before making any quick decision though, and at least you weren't placed down into server two. I actually wonder if normally in this situation based on the league rules if the person would have to go to server two since they missed. So perhaps they wanted to make sure you at least stayed in server one, and that was the compromise. Either way, sorry for you poor luck last weekend and hopefully you still can have a fun race.

I was that buisy on the phone trying to get the useless idiots to sort it out. Is not like I couldn't be arsed and just didn't bother turning up, I'm here to race and I'm here to win races. We practice like mad to become quicker and learn the car and set up. I don't spend 4-5-6 nights a week practing and then as a reward get a qualy ban. If that's the rules then fine but it bloody sucks and doesn't make me happy. Im also sure I will be in server two as I didn't make the last race isn't that correct?

Thanks for your kind comments, iv had quite a it of bad luck recently with my internet. Fibre optic will be sorted for next season

Hi Gareth,

I know the ruling is harsh, particularly when you may well have been trying your best to resolve the issues. But rules are rules. If you sign out late (doesn't matter what the reason is) then you will be handed a back of the grid penalty for the following round. It has been stated in the absence thread since the announcement of the series.

We know that you are not one of those types to make up rubbish excuses to get out of league racing, but you wouldn't believe the number of people we get saying their internet connection has failed, despite posting from the same IP address (and far worse excuses to get out of it). I do fully believe that your reason is truthful, but again, rules are rules.

Heck, if my girlfriend was going into labor 10 minutes before a race and needed to be rushed to the hospital, then I would still be pinged for a late sign out. It's just standard protocol.

Hi Gareth,

I know the ruling is harsh, particularly when you may well have been trying your best to resolve the issues. But rules are rules. If you sign out late (doesn't matter what the reason is) then you will be handed a back of the grid penalty for the following round. It has been stated in the absence thread since the announcement of the series.

We know that you are not one of those types to make up rubbish excuses to get out of league racing, but you wouldn't believe the number of people we get saying their internet connection has failed, despite posting from the same IP address (and far worse excuses to get out of it). I do fully believe that your reason is truthful, but again, rules are rules.

Heck, if my girlfriend was going into labor 10 minutes before a race and needed to be rushed to the hospital, then I would still be pinged for a late sign out. It's just standard protocol.

Iv spoken out because I do think it's harsh and it annoyed me some what! I'm new in this league so you don't know if I'm a honest guy or not, no problem. Since we've started this league me and @Phil Rose have done not stop testing even after the issues we've had. We've also been not stop promoting this league as much as can through our work which is Demon Tweeks, the biggest Motorsport company in the world. We've been promoting it on our Facebook, Twitter the works and we've even been working with Bram and work to get some partnership going on in the future. Just so you know I'm not a person who will make an excuse not to race. We put lots of effort in because we beleive this has the best drivers there is and its run better than any other league.

I will stick by the rules of course but it won't stop me being pissed off if I think Iv been hard done by. I will start from the back and take it as a challenge.

ps I wouldn't sign up for a league if my Mrs was pregnant, been there done that, causing nothing but arguments :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I will discuss with Bram when he comes back about the feasibility of getting everyone on a single server for the final round. but people may have to accept that there could be some instability issues with so many drivers. Drivers will most likely need to turn down opponent details etc.

After this past week I've had in simracing, I'm not really up for a debate so we'll see what can be done. :unsure:

Round 4 - Bathurst.jpg
The season finale! Who will take the RDTCC crown? And what a place to do it! Mount Panorama!

General Information
Date: Saturday 16th April 2016
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDTCC
Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST / 19:30 CET)
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Track: DOWNLOAD <<<<<<<<
Race Duration:
60 minutes | Formation lap + Standing start

Session Info
  • Free Practice (60mins) - 17:30 GMT (Must be present in the server no later than 18:29 GMT)
  • Qualification (25mins) - 18:30 GMT
  • Warm Up (3mins) - 18:55 GMT
  • Formation Lap - 18:58 GMT
  • Race (60mins) - 19:00 GMT

Track Map
Bathurst track map.png

Pit Lane Exit
The exit of the pit lane feeds out on to the exit of Turn 1. Yellow cones will guide you to the exit point. Once you have passed the final yellow cone you may re-enter the race track.
20160410131346_1.jpg

The racing line naturally moves to the left of the track in preparation for Turn 3, however drivers must ensure that they do not return to the racing line (blue line below) sooner than is safe to do so. Returning to the racing line may not even be necessary given that the racing line merges on to the left line eventually. If you are leaving the pits and cars are on your right, it's obviously wise to stick to the left (green line below).
20160410131402_1.jpg

Confirmed Entry List for Round 4:

1. @Slalom823 (Ryan Seltzer)
  2. @Mark Breslin
  3. @Niranjan (Niranjan Kumar)
  4. @Paul Watkins
  5. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  6. @Phil Rose
  7. @Paul Joseph
  8. @Matheus Machado
  9. @Dan ONeill
  10. @Mike Bell