2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that had issues tonight: are you all running Nvidia cards with version 364.72?

Did all of you experienced the same as I did? Game just closes and drops you back to desktop without a notice?

edit: scrap that, I am not on the latest driver set.

Had several instances of the sim closing down during practice/quali/warm-up. The last one occurred at the end of warm-up and when I tried to rejoin the race session had started so I got "session closed" message
On the plus side ... I watched the live feed and enjoyed the race and commentary

Same as Bill Grewcock. During Qually went out for first stint. Hit escape at end of 4 to 5 laps and game crashed with no message or warning just vanished and was back on desktop.

Rejoined and went back out and hit escape to test and did it again. I rejoined and did not go back on track just sat there for 15 mins. In warmup did not go out and game crashed immediately twice in a row. Just got back on the server with literally seconds to spare. By the time I could see the screen the race 30 sec time down had started. Then raced for 50 mins with no issues and it crashed with about 9 mins to go same as before.

Last edited:
Those that had issues tonight: are you all running Nvidia cards with version 364.72?

Did all of you experienced the same as I did? Game just closes and drops you back to desktop without a notice?

edit: scrap that, I am not on the latest driver set.
I'm on 361.75 and had the same issue - drop to desktop. Luckily it was in warmup and had a few more seconds to rejoin before the session progressed.

361.43 here. The game started having issues with AMS release (1.52 version). First I couldn't hit more than 45 fps (GTX 970 | i7 4790k). Delay video swap fixed it. On last round I had MASSIVE sttutering during the race and qualy only. Fixed it disabling all kinds of replay recording.

Everything was fine until yesterday, when the game started having stutters in single player. Fixed it by setting all the recording and logging to memory (RAM - 16Gb here) and setting delay video swap to 0.

Once I tested with the AI the stutters came back. Fixed it by deleting the d3d9.dll file and NOT replacing it. I could go back to disk recording and finally I could hit 400 fps again.

Didn't have a single issue today, despite a power cut which qualified me in 22nd place. I'm glad I could recover it during the race, reaching 8th place:)

Glad to salvage something from that one. Had a decent Qualifying with 3rd place, then had a drop back to desktop in warm-up and managed to rejoin in time, but then found out that myself and @Franklin Stegink were at the back, plus a couple of extra rows for good measure! I had another drop to desktop in qualifying too after I returned to the garage. All through qualifying and practice the game was fluid as anything, then as soon as the race session started I had massive stutters which I had to drive through. I was driving via muscle memory as the apexes kept moving as the stutters hit. They are constant stutters, not just at certain parts of the track. With this in mind I am glad to have finished 6th but I feel I had some very good pace and could have been on the podium if I had started from 3rd.

Well done to Ryan for the win, gutted for Oscar with his FPS dump, I sure know that feeling! Thank you to everyone for racing so cleanly and respectfully, you are a top bunch!

Guys if you ran into any issues tonight please make sure to describe them in detail here.
First, thanks for thinking about us unlucky guys tonight. I didn't want to post anything tonight because I was so gutted. Here is my issue.

Basically what happened is that, as I was following @Paul Watkins quite closely, I saw him disappear once or twice, and then the deadly "connection lost" message appeared. Back to the main menu, race over. Definitely not a GPU issue, as I've been running the game smoothly for ages now. I highly doubt that my connecton was the problem either, as everyting else was going fine on my local end.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun during the laps I've driven still, well done to @Slalom823 for the win and to my teammate @Matheus Machado for a solid result.

364.51 here. Game closed itself when moving from session to session, or when I pressed escape (although it worked the first time few times I did this in practice). Did not notice any graphic-related problems. I've run various games and sims including AMS over the past few days with no issues.

Could it have been server related?

I'm sorry for those that had issues as that can be extremely frustrating. Hopefully there won't be anymore issues.

Fantastic win for Ryan, well deserved as he had rapid pace and excellent 2nd place for Mark. Sad to see some drivers having disconnection issues, nothing worse but it happens to all of us at some time or another, whether it's server related or not. I hope the right decision is made as it could make this league look a bit silly. Whatever the result there will no doubt be some very disillusioned Sim Racers. If there were obvious problems then perhaps the race should have been restarted, to let the race go on to the end and then perhaps wipe the slate clean again seems very harsh to me.

No issues at all during the race, good FPS and no stuttering at all this end. The only problem I had was when the server was refreshed for warm up. I got disconnected and just made it back for the race. Disconnections are like our virtual mechanical breakdowns.:( Very annoying but something we have to live with!

I was very surprised that the race wasn't restarted on the formation lap after two drivers were completely out of position and a few drivers didn't make it onto the server. I understand the need to keep everything on schedule, but it was clear there were server problems beforehand, so it should have been allowed for.

In my opinion it was the wrong decision by the admins, but to have to re-run a race and penalise the majority of drivers who did finish seems farcical. What happens if four or five of us disconnect from the new race? Are we entitled to ask for another re-run? What if some of us can't attend an extended season? From a purely selfish point of view I worked extremely hard last night for 7th place and to just take that away through no fault of my own would leave an extremely bitter taste in the mouth.

Put it down to a bad experience, move on and run Bathhurst in AMS! This season has already had its fair share of problems with the 'non' race in Adelaide and cancelled first race calendar, and to do it again would make the club look a bit silly like Paul said above.

Many congratulations to Ryan for an amazing win, he's worked so hard in practice to achieve this. Also to my other team mates, Mark and Paul, for incredible 2nd and 4th places respectively, well done to both of you! ;)

I'm sorry to hear about all these issues guys. I went to bed last night expecting to wake up to all things well, but we'll obviously have to sort something out.

As @Bram has said, we will discuss the events of Suzuka (as I'm still not 100% briefed on what exactly happened), and we'll let you know the status for the next round.

Again and as always an absolutely incredible job by @R.J. O'Connell @Thomas Hinss and @Lorenzo Bonder in the commentary bunker and @Bram on the cameras considering the chaos that unfolded.

Last edited:
Disconnections are like our virtual mechanical breakdowns.:( Very annoying but something we have to live with!
As one of those affected by the disconnects (believe I was running 14th with 9mins left to race when I got disconnected) this is my view.

Yes it was very frustrating and incredibly annoying but this is (sim) racing. It was a technical issue of some sort and I was one of the unlucky ones. I don't feel we can re-run the race and if it mixes up the championship a little then so be it. It is no different to lets say an engine issue affecting several teams in F1 (am I allowed to say F1!!!).

Again and as always an absolutely incredible job by @R.J. O'Connell @Thomas Hinss and @Lorenzo Bonder in the commentary bunker and @Bram on the cameras considering the chaos that unfolded.
Yes indeed. When I lost the server I went to the live stream and afterwards watched it all again. Great job guys. A few of you might know I have attempted (in a far more amateurish manner) commentating on 2 recent club races and it is not easy. To make it as professional as these guys did is seriously good work.

Thanks to everyone involved in the managing of the league for the considerable time and effort you put in to allow us to race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play