RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
An FYI: I will not be able to be at the race today. Without wanting to go into too much detail I have a very unwell child who may need to be hospitalised (I won't know until a test at the hospital tomorrow). Obviously, she comes way ahead of anything else.

I have asked @JeffL and @Warren Schembri and @Yuri Kasdorp to step in for me and take care of voting the sessions on whenever the time comes. Please respect them as admins as you would me, and stick to all the normal racing rules :thumbsup:. I will still be around on RD as and when I have a few minutes here and there (I am at home) so tag me if you need something important.

I know it's not ideal so thanks for your understanding; hopefully my absence will have no impact on the league overall and I hope all of you have successful races. I'll grab the results and replays off the server in the next day or two.

Last edited:
I was having a good race , battling for 4th place, until i collided with @Julian Dietz ..
Don't know what happened there.. maybe just a racing situation.. but after i noticed, that i don't have my rear tyre anymore, I wanted to quicly back out from the session and from the track.
The broblem was that i couldn't get out!!! Some kind of tecnical issue with my computer or something freezed.. i had to eventually hard reset my computer. Sorry for staying in the race too long, but i tried to leave :( ( i even broke my keyboard in anger, when i couldnt leave the track)

Because of the hard reset, I don't have a replay, so I can't see what happened in the collision.

edit: I watched the replay , and i turned in too much too soon and i touched with Julian's car. So my fault if not a racing incident.
@Norman Bruce I'm really sorry that i couldnt get out of the racing line because of my issue with my computer. It just jammed or something.

Last edited:
Well, I shot myself in the foot again for the third time over 4 rounds. Still had a good time as always.
Qualified P19 and finished P18. @JeffL, no sir, I finished last!:roflmao: I should have practice more today before race start.
I think on lap 5 or 6, I made a really good move on the inside of turn 1 on @Warren Schembri, I stuck to the inside like glue, but Scembri still managed to clip me from behind. I kept it together but I lost two spots I think plus I lost my momentum (just a racing incident).
Some laps after that, I completely missed my braking point and hit the wall hard. Made it to the pits with 53 sec of damage repairs. But contiued on to finish the race. I ususlly need to coach myself (talk to myself) to help me stay consistent. Worked pretty well for me last week:), but failed to coach myself today (Thought I did not need to but clearly, I do). Congrats @Adrian Campfield for the win and podium finishers and all finishers!

Glad it went well! I've just grabbed the replay and results but probably won't get to take a look today. Thanks to Yuri, Warren and Jeff for holding down the fort. Thankfully, the test came back and it's not what the Doctors were worried about, so my daughter will be okay with a few more days of rest and recovery. Hopefully I can get back to normal racing next week. Thanks for all the well wishes :thumbsup:

Was fun race .

I had a dodgy start and a big scare/moment nearly wiping some other cars out late in the 1st lap and was down to P18 but once I settled down I managed to fight my way back up to p12, I was thinking a top ten might be on the cards. I pulled off an awesome move slicing past 2 cars in one corner :) I was then chasing @PaulH down and he lost the rear resulting in him spinning right in front of me. I managed to avoid him but I ended up off track and in the barriers with damage. I crawled back to the pits and got the car fixed up but I was down to p19 again. I managed to recover back up to p14 but I out braked my self into t1 and used the barrier to help me get round the corner ON THE LAST LAP so I lost a position and had to settle for p15 and 1 point. I did a similar thing in Monday's club race so I need to learn to get to the finish line before I switch off

Not much to report from me.

Qualified P3, was having a good race with a very fuel heavy Adrian Campfield, not really challenging just pushing on trying to stay with Guus. Was pretty enjoyable up until lap 8 or so, when HP decided to send me a notification to update my printer software, leading to my game crashing to desktop.

Slammed on the anchors and somehow didn't hit Adrian (who I was essentially pump drafting at the time), or any 'furniture'. To my surprise I was able to carry on in P3, all by myself, to the flag.

Congratulations Adrian, and unlucky Guus, I really thought this one was your race.

Thanks RD, see you next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back