2014 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
FP1 has started.... the sounds so ............ BORING! sigh, no more high rev sounds of blasting V8's :(

I think although this practice is something like race itself, interesting and to be seen who is where and etc. i think when everything will settle it will remain this stupid sound for fans to criticize and i belive something will be done about it ! This is so boring i haven't heard any high-rev roaring or anything that will remind me of the fastest motorsport in the world ... so sad

The sound in that Youtube clip is artificially silenced, i just happened to have good comparison on the background, normalized sound at -6db was way higher than what that clip has.. And i got around 6dB of damping on that sound source.. so it's at least four times lower sound levels than what untreated SkySport signal level is... Don't go faking... Some capture softwares and encodings do lower sound levels so it might be a mistake but.. If i want to create a stir with how low F1 sound levels are, that's how i do it...

1288664831148.jpg

Räikkönen is quite a giant :)

Not really, it's from Iltasanomat and it's a joke there, just happens to be from precise angle, next photo from that camera is quite likely very different...

And:

WOOOHOOO!!!! It started!!!

edit:Found another Kimi giant :)
1288664830779.jpg

Last edited:
New sounds.. They need to turn up the mics a bit, that'll correct some of the loss. Feel they are pretty low, everything is relative.. The whistle and "breath in" as i describe the turboharvest, it gets easily muddled under low engine rumble. But there's definite breathe in before a push, kind of what you might hear from actual breathing and sprint... Inhale on exit, shout on exit.. Makes couchdriving easier :)

All this domination in F1 by Mercedes is killing the sport. So boring, I'm gonna stop watching it NOW!

In other news, I think Williams have been disappointing, and they look midfield at best. Ferrari are a lot closer than I expected them to be.

Red Bull doing the most laps of all in FP2, now there's something I didn't think we'll say! But since they're still playing catchup, they can't do any less.

Lotus are atrocious! And on that note, I'll be off to join the poet society...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back