2013 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the teams have already given up on the win, when they're settling for 2nd or 3rd or lower positions after 1/2 hour of the race.
Anything can happen in a race, by defending your position you are adding elements into a race that can and will mix up the outcome. maybe at the teams own expense yes.
But i remember F1 when you raced right up to the finish and fought for every position.
but as now it a money thing, a solid finish is what is needed.
which also shows me its not about the racing, but more about how much money can we get over the year..
F1 in my eyes should be about the best drivers racing. which is not what i've seen today :(

As well as Vettel’s first reprimand of the year Red Bull were fined €25,000 (£21,340) for failing to instruct him to come into the pits.

“The driver failed to proceed directly to the post race parc ferme as detailed under article 43.3 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations,” said the stewards’ reports.

Source: F1Fanatic

It only happens every so often, but sometimes there are moments you witness in sport which you just know you'll catch a glimpse of later in the future and think, "Man.. that was just epic." and it leaves you with an indescribable feeling of nostalgia.

I think I've witnessed one such moment today - the sight of Vettel through all the smoke, standing on top of his car with his hands in the air, celebrating in front of the exuberant grandstand was simply incredible. Gave me goosebumps.

Even though I hate dominance in any sport, I take my hat off to the Red Bull team. Vettel has not made one mistake all year, and truly deserves the Championship.

Roll on next year I say. Let's hope the championship is much much closer as this year has been quite a let down.

Couldn't agree more Shane. It was just awesome to see him celebrate and honor his car and team on the straight. Gave me goosebumps aswell. Good job Vettel, now lets hope the other teams can be just as competitive as Red Bull next year.

Got to give it to the kid and RBR.
When you consider that RBR was Stewart Racing and then Jaguar, it's all the more incredible.
They came from nowhere to beat the likes of Ferrari, Mclaren and every other team...four years in a row. That's domination.
Vettel is consistent and very good.
It's too bad the other teams only respond after RBR has come up with something new. They've all seemed a bit demoralized over the past three years following that first win.
They probably under-estimated RBR...thinking it was a one off.
I want them to come up with ideas...instead of relying on proposed rule changes to equal the racing.
Given Newey's brilliance and Sebastian's commitment, the 'new' turbo era will probably see more of the same...despite claims of Mercedes having the best powerplant.
It's not just about an engine or it's output. Remember Alonso challenging Michael in lower powered Renault and winning?.
Renault also has a lot of technology on turbocharging, so I wouldn't go getting carried away.

Last edited:
From Youtube: Vettel in an amazing BBC interview, looking back at how he started, what Schumacher means to him. Notice how he's always talking about "the team" having success instead of talking about himself all the time.

From Twitter: Vettel is helping mechanics to pack up. You can love or hate him but you certainly can't deny he's going above and beyond - both on and off the track. :D

BXm4IAJCYAAlhmV.jpg:large

Mediahint ;) These things are very much a grey area. In Finland, it's not against local laws to bypass localization in order to watch a channel that don't require payments. So BBC is ok, Sky is not. As fo BBC terms&conditions, most likely it's prohibited somewhere.

Brilliant race by vettel to take his championship

the race itself though? very boring, the most interesting moments:
first few laps
perez overtaking lewis and raikonnen in 1 move
the lap grosjean had contact with raikonnen
vettels celerbration

rest of the race i was just laid in bed texting my mates about our night out, the night before! i remember when i didn't want to look at my phone when watching these races

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back