2013 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
RaceDepartment submitted a new blog post:

2013 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

If Japan’s Suzuka, scene of Sebastian Vettel’s strategically astute ninth win of the season last time out, is regarded as one of the greatest of Formula One’s ‘classic’ circuits, this weekend sees the championship move to a track that has been widely praised as one the finest recent additions to the calendar – India’s Buddh International Circuit.

The location for round 16 of the 2013 F1 World Championship features good changes of elevation, two long, fast straights and a technically...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

So let's talk about P1 and the usual picture.
  1. Vettel - 1.26.683
  2. Webber - 1.26.871
  3. Rosberg - 1.26.899
  4. Grosjean - 1.26.990
  5. Hamilton - 1.27.227
Alonso got 6 laps in before his gearbox let him down. I hope it won't be necessary to take a penalty in exchange for a new gearbox. I highly doubt Vettel won't secure the WDC on Sunday but having Alonso start from even further back would hurt the whole race even more, I think.

Tyres don't look too bad either, I think Webbers fastest lap was 15 laps into his stint.

Will be interesting to see if the gearbox issue is fatal, though they've yet to say it is, but considering he couldn't change gear and had to limp back to the pits it ain't looking too good for Alonso.

Will probably have to miss out on all practice and qualy sessions but the race time on sunday morning is nice. Will make for a nice racey breakfast :)

Lets hope Vettel claims the WDC this weekend so we can wrap up the season and start looking forward to the next on with new cars, new regulations and new chances for everybody.

Vettel going to be champ this year, again. No doubt about it.
I just hate to see McLaren so weak and slow. :(
I just hope that Lewis or kimi will manage to do some champ driving.

@Bram Hengeveld yeah :) here in Bulgaria will be a nice beer and crisps F1 :p

Quick scroll to bottom of the page, just looking at qualy replay.. huh, didn' see any spoilers.

That cutting is horrible. In any RD club race or sponsored leagues, you'd be scolded, disqualified and possibly get kicked out from the whole damn thing.. Usually we are thinking "i'm on the limit, have to watch out" when two tires leave the circuit...

Quick scroll to bottom of the page, just looking at qualy replay.. huh, didn' see any spoilers.

That cutting is horrible. In any RD club race or sponsored leagues, you'd be scolded, disqualified and possibly get kicked out from the whole damn thing.. Usually we are thinking "i'm on the limit, have to watch out" when two tires leave the circuit...
To be fair, the whole track is kinda inviting when it comes to cutting. Heck, it doesn't even punish drivers for cutting in terms of having to slow down in return.

Tom

I predict the first lap, especially the first sector, to be entertaining. But I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the race was quite dull. But who knows, Alonso and especially Webber starting on the prime tyre might make things a bit interesting.

I should've worn my Red Bull jacket to work today. Just so that I could piss off all the spaniards in the offices near mine. :)

Well deserved fourth title for Seb and Red Bull.

Good to see some donuts after the race! Taking bets on the price of the fine for that little manoeuvre.

Watched the race , first one in a long time and saddened to hear teams saying to their drivers let cars through we are not racing them. Even though at that time it was position on track..
Then later to hear the commentators say what a amazing drive at getting through the traffic..

Maybe i don't get it..but to me this isn't ot racing,:(
What has happened to F1.........

Watched the race , first one in a long time and saddened to hear teams saying to their drivers let cars through we are not racing them. Even though at that time it was position on track..
Then later to hear the commentators say what a amazing drive at getting through the traffic..

Maybe i don't get it..but to me this isn't ot racing,:(
What has happened to F1.........
Well it makes sense. Why bother losing time if you know that'd compromise your race later on.

Tom

F1 has always had that element, the team have to make sure that they're never losing time, and part of that is defending a position that will cost you time in the long run.

-EDIT- To add to that though, I will say that it does seem as we see more of this kind of racing going on because we've got less durable tyres, and much tougher rules on defending. Here's hoping that when Pirelli say they've got conservative compounds for next year that actually means conservative compounds. After all we've got no clue on how much power and fuel saving difference there will be between the different engines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back