2013 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame that there was racing everywhere but the fight for 1st but what a race, Mclaren amazed didn't play the team game after they hit a few times but staying true to the words we let our team race
Yeah there was definitely a race going until Lap 3.

IM surprised no1 picked up the DRS open on Alonso on Lap 3, it was like lap 5 or 6 when Sky even noticed. and Im literally surprised he didn't go off in the corners during 3 laps.

oh well, this race is meaningless in the end. Barcelona next week, all car performances resets to 0.

Racing was great today. DRS was great I thought.. much much better than China. Driver of the day for me was Perez. He looked like a Mclaren driver today.

If there was a better battle for the lead, then this race would have been even better. Nevertheless, it was very enjoyable.

Congrats to Vettel and Red Bull for their win. Congrats also to Lotus. They may not be doing everything right on Saturday, but they sure are doing something right on Sundays and that should keep the Iceman in the hunt. Good hard racing all around throughout the entire pack, the medium/hard tires were just right at this track.

Don't hate him. I think he's a good driver in a brilliant car. Just not my favourite person. Would have rather seen Kimi take that one.

i agree. he's always seemed a nice guy but ...that's when he's winning. Even though this is often, you really see the other side of a personb when they lose or get criticised. He lied through his teeth after malaysia so I no longer have time for him. Raikkonen is straight forward and honest. hulkeburg is german and very likeable. i think a lot of us would just like to see vettel drive in a good car rather than a great one. hes obviously a cut above webber but would be nice to see a level playing field.

regarding this season, it seems you either have to get well clear of the field (and out of the fight) early on to dominate and save tyres in clean air or, take your medicine and do a late charge.
rosberg did everything he could do defend and was out of it from 1st to 9th? hamilton chose to take his medicine early on and ease his way in. this is what raikkonen did and vettel last week.

i wish hamilton would get a little more credit. he's usually the fastest qualifier (comparitively speaking) and is usually very consistent in races - yet alonso, vettel and raikkonen get all the credit.

Okay, there wasn't a fight for 1st, but there wasn't one in Australia or China either, so why is this race so bad compared to them? Mind you, I'd rather have someone else win the race, but Vettel did exactly his job, and he actually fought his way to first in the opening laps.

Behind him, it was a good race. Lots of wheel-to-wheel action, some overly aggresive moves (like Button on Pérez, and later Pérez on Alonso in the same spot, pushing people out of the track), Webber turning into Rosberg and almost spinning him, Massa getting a flat RR tyre twice, Grosjean getting back to the podium and leaving behind his problems with the car, Räikkönen being Räikkönen, Alonso getting back to 8th without DRS, Hamilton doing a smart race to make up for the lack of a proper setup (they couldn't get it balanced after FP3), Di Resta almost, but only almost, getting his first podium, and whatever else I've forgotten to mention.

If you focus only in the 1st position, it was somewhat boring. But if you look at everything that happened, it was quite eventful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes