2013 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brundle coining a new term, what was it, "The drunken Rosberg defence"?

Brundle is awesome. One of my favorite Brundle interviews was of course his "Kimi you missed the presentation" followed by "I was taking a ####" interview with Raikkonen when Schumacher was supposedly retiring the first time and I also got a kick out of his "Rudderless Russian" comment when Petrov went off the track a couple of years ago in Malaysia. Unfortunately I don't have access the the live Sky Sports feed, I get a re-packaged BBC feed complete with commercials and no pre-race/post-race coverage. But beggars can't be choosy the BBC isn't a bad feed and I know a place on the net where in a few hours from now the Sky Sports footage should become available and I will be able to download the race and watch it a 2nd time but this time listening to Martin's witty commentary.

Man it was very interesting race no doubt. :D
Really impressed with the pace of Force India. Sutil was looking really good after horrible start while I think Paul might have opted for 3 pit stop strategy just like Romain Grosjean. :(

i agree. he's always seemed a nice guy but ...that's when he's winning. Even though this is often, you really see the other side of a personb when they lose or get criticised. He lied through his teeth after malaysia so I no longer have time for him. Raikkonen is straight forward and honest. hulkeburg is german and very likeable. i think a lot of us would just like to see vettel drive in a good car rather than a great one. hes obviously a cut above webber but would be nice to see a level playing field.

regarding this season, it seems you either have to get well clear of the field (and out of the fight) early on to dominate and save tyres in clean air or, take your medicine and do a late charge.
rosberg did everything he could do defend and was out of it from 1st to 9th? hamilton chose to take his medicine early on and ease his way in. this is what raikkonen did and vettel last week.

i wish hamilton would get a little more credit. he's usually the fastest qualifier (comparitively speaking) and is usually very consistent in races - yet alonso, vettel and raikkonen get all the credit.

I think Hamilton gets a lot of credit, especially from the UK media. You can't watch a race without hearing about Lewis. No doubt he is a great driver, one of the best, just never had the type of car needed to win the championship since 2008. Could have done it last year, should have done it last year, but that McLaren looked like a Peugeot the amount it was breaking down.

I think Hamilton gets a lot of credit, especially from the UK media. You can't watch a race without hearing about Lewis. No doubt he is a great driver, one of the best, just never had the type of car needed to win the championship since 2008. Could have done it last year, should have done it last year, but that McLaren looked like a Peugeot the amount it was breaking down.

I mean worldwide. I know he is masses of fans in Asia for example, but in the world media, it's always about kimi or alonso.

Can someone please explain the hate for Jenson. I don't get it. He seems like a nice guy, and when he mentioned that Perez raced him a bit hard, everybody in the comment sections of Sky and other sites insults Button. For what?? Perez did race him hard. It was impressive, but wing against wheel and other contact could have ruined the day for both of them.

Ok..that´s it. Hand me a plier, i´m going to Barcelona and i promise i will bring the finger back home.

No but good opening stint from Vettel, think it was partly flattered by Rosberg who was struggling but he showed a lot of hunger there which was great to see.
To bad the race was pretty much over from there in terms of fights for the lead with Alonso´s DRS problem.

I swear i thought Brundle and the other guy got retarded for a while there. It took them 54 years to figure out that Alonso´s DRS was faulty.
I saw it as soon as the gap was up to 5 seconds, checked ALO´s car and instantly saw him running with DRS everywhere.
Even when they changed to his rear view camera they talked about all kinds of things...
I wonder if they are watching the race through two Iphones..

Not the best race by Rosberg....can´t feel great when your teammate starts 10 places back and ends up 5th.
Hamilton did a tremendous race actually.. he pretty much had trouble all weekend and half the race until the last stint where he started to come alive.

I´m quite positive also that the Mercedes car is running more kilos of fuel then any other car in the field.
It´s a dog the first stint. Eventually it will burn of and get more equalized compared to the competitors.
I think their Coanda exhaust still isn´t up to far with the rest of the teams.
Not in terms of downwash but the exhaust itself.

Im still in awe of the dominant display the golden boy put in today! Absolutely staggering...one mistake by the nearest rival(mechanical or not) and it's over....the golden boy with the 24 carat finger..amazing!

Rosberg is a disapointment...in races! Schumacher proved it many times last year and the year before at 43yrs old! Superb one lap speed, but in race conditions not good enough...kills the tires ,defends too hard,lacks something...needs to figure it out,or Hamilton will punish him easily over and over again.

I swear i thought Brundle and the other guy got retarded for a while there. It took them 54 years to figure out that Alonso´s DRS was faulty.
I saw it as soon as the gap was up to 5 seconds, checked ALO´s car and instantly saw him running with DRS everywhere.
Even when they changed to his rear view camera they talked about all kinds of things...
I wonder if they are watching the race through two Iphones..
Noticed that to. I had not the best stream and noticed it immediately. Although at first I thought I'm seeing a fata morgana in the desert heat, because Brundle & Croft wasn't saying a word about it :D
But I'm still amazed how Alonso kept the car on track and stayed in front of Rosberg/Di Resta. Especially in T11 when DRS got stuck the first time.

Not the best race by Rosberg....can´t feel great when your teammate starts 10 places back and ends up 5th.
Hamilton did a tremendous race actually.. he pretty much had trouble all weekend and half the race until the last stint where he started to come alive.
I guess Rosberg went a bit too extreme in terms of race vs. qualifying set-up.

And also.... Pirelli blames crap on track for Massa´s problem.
I guess the 2nd one looked pretty normal caused by curbs or debris. But the 1st looked pretty much like the one Hamilton had in FP3: just the tread started suddenly comming off and I don't think Massa was over the edge in terms of laps with those tires.

Rosberg is a disapointment...in races! Schumacher proved it many times last year and the year before at 43yrs old! Superb one lap speed, but in race conditions not good enough...kills the tires ,defends too hard,lacks something...needs to figure it out,or Hamilton will punish him easily over and over again.

Rosberg beat Schumacher in the head-to-head during the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons so obviously he's a decent driver.

I'm one who isn't jenson button's biggest fan at the minute.

I always liked him at williams and brawn - he's british after all. he had potential.

However, when he arrived at mclaren, he tried to do "a prost". he made the team his - not by driving but by laying on the charm and sitting on the fence. he obviously gives good feedback and tries not to ruffle feathers. i understand why he tried to get the team behind him - but he has to accept that some people prefer people who say it how it is - complete honesty. button knew he was getting to hamilton and had little clever digs. at the same time, hamilton fans saw that, especially last year, hamilton was the quicker driver. he was extremely unlucky and inspite of this, whitmarsh still showed his obvious favour of button. MW still said nice things about hamilton but he seemed more genuine about button.

it was nice today. perez did go over the top and needs to learn - but the guy put his heart and soul into that race. he showed passion and was faster than jenson. jenson's smile dropped and he criticised his teammate openly - isn't that what hamilton did on twitter (?) and look at the backlash.

then in the whitmarsh interview, as whitmarsh was trying to praise perez without putting button down too much, jenson pops up to clarify his comments (trying to backtrack a little). when he realised jenson was there, whitmarsh started saying perez was young and needed to learn a bit and jenson was the ultimate pro (backside kissing).

i've always been a fan of mclaren and always will be. however, newey left mclaren for a reason. he left because he is an individual genius. hamilton left because he is an individual who didn't want to live life in a straight jacket. the team of mclaren has become like a team that prost would be proud of - you say one thing and you think another - whitmarsh and button are prime examples. perez to me is not like that. they think they can coach him but he is an individual. alonso is an individual.

i don't hate button but he has become a little fake. he has to have things on his terms - he expects to be number one driver even though he claims he wants parity. button is a clever guy and i like his strategic decisions. he is like a young politian as a driver though, i don't rate him as one of the top 4.
he lacks individuality and the honesty of a hamilton, a raikkonen or a senna. He commented a number of times to question Hamilton's decision to leave for mercedes (despite acknowledging that life is better for him at mclaren without hamilton's pace to contend with). In doing so, he probably made mclaren love him even more - a ploy? look who is doing better now though. it could change but so far, button mclaren and whitmarsh are underperforming - even with massive investment.

i will root for hamilton, then raikkonen and lotus followed by mclaren - in that order. However, the only mclaren driver i will be rooting for is perez. hope he does more of the same as today. By ruffling buttons feathers the way button ruffled hamiltons...only then we will see the real button.

I guess Rosberg went a bit too extreme in terms of race vs. qualifying set-up.
I honestly think he just shot his tires, got overtaken by even more guys then if he had stayed cool and then tried to compensate after every stop and it just got worse and worse and worse.

He was in a lot of scraps and defended hard it probably killed the tires instantly.
And i believe his second to last stint on Mediums was the wrong choice.
Had he taken hards there he would have ended ahead of Hamilton.

I guess the 2nd one looked pretty normal caused by curbs or debris. But the 1st looked pretty much like the one Hamilton had in FP3: just the tread started suddenly comming off and I don't think Massa was over the edge in terms of laps with those tires.
Yea not sure which one Ted commentated on but he said it looked exactly like Hamilton´s tire.
The other one we saw on TV the tire just ripped open completely.
There was no debris anywhere near him at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes