2013 DRS Nerf - what do you think?

With new DRS rules i believe Ferrari will gain have Advantage as their Problem is
On initial corner entry, 18 or 20 times a lap in qualifying or whatever, the rear of the car has less downforce and therefore is unstable for a given amount of time until the diffuser and rear wing re-attach.
This rear instability on corner entry is what the Ferrari drivers are complaining about.
To reduce rear instability, you run less front downforce, but that gives understeer - less front grip - when the diffuser re-attaches. As it happens, less front wing also means less overall downforce.
The braking duration for a lot of these corners will be about a second. If the diffuser is not re-attaching for 0.2-0.3secs, that is a problem.
So if There is no DRS use they can run High Downforce than they use present and gain time.

Personally I love the idea behind DRS, but also I think this rule is going to make it even a bit more interesting for us. It will cause a lot more than just many of you think. IMHO the setups will have to change substantially, just look at the last couple of races, into the speed trap results qualifying wise. The pole sitters usually were at the very bottom or near it.When we get rid of the DRS, these kinds of setups will lose a bit more on the straight where they had increased acceleration thanks to DRS. Though thinking about it they were really fast in the race too, but had a harder time overtaking even in the DRS zone, unless it was just after a really fast corner which they could have gotten through a lot quicker (Just look at how much ground Webber or Vettel usuallu lost in the DRS zone on Interlagos).

In all honesty I just can't wait for the next season already, as our beloved Formula One seemed to really wake up this year, after a bit boring (IMO) 2011 season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back