2012 Mercedes W03

A news site has probably figured out one thing Merc is trying to cover up.
They have a rather big hole above the diffuser and directs the gases to that hole which according to them acts as a double diffuser.

Formel-1-Test-Barcelona-23-2-2012-Michael-Schumacher-Mercedes-GP-fotoshowImage-35150263-572539.jpg

Brawn: W03 is a good step forward
Ross-Brawn-Mercedes-Barcelona-test_2722432.jpg

Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn admits he is feeling a lot more confident ahead of the 2012 campaign as the team have made major strides during the off-season.
The Brackley-based squad failed to secure a podium finish last year and finished a distant fourth behind Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari in the Constructors' Championship.

The new season though brings new hope and Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg have been pretty positive about their 2012 challenger, the W03.

Brawn is also upbeat about his team's chances as he feels they have taken a good step forward.

"None of us are ever completely happy with what we do and we always constantly think of how to improve," he told the official Formula One website.

"But I can say that this car is a good step forward. We can see that from the analysis and simulation work - and the way we've approached it.

source

"I think we've genuinely made a good step forward. Of course you never know what the opposition is going to do, but I also feel more confident as we now have a much stronger organisation at hand than in the past.

Yep, we can only hope the incoming engine map ban by FIA won't affect them too much. It seems Mercedes is a team many people want to see with a good car, probably because of their drivers. I think we all want to know how good Schumacher still is, and Rosberg is also somewhat of a question mark, despite having been in F1 for a very long time now. Sometimes he's as fast as Hamilton, but without the stupid mistakes. Other times, he's just plain boring. It would be just so interesting to see where they would fit into the pecking order if the car could compete with the top three teams :)

Something that just came to my mind today was that Mercedes and Lotus are both using very sharp nouses while all the other platypus noused teams use wider nouses.

So my question is, what is the difference between sharp and wider nouses?

Something that just came to my mind today was that Mercedes and Lotus are both using very sharp nouses while all the other platypus noused teams use wider nouses.

So my question is, what is the difference between sharp and wider nouses?

It is possible Georgios, that the difference will be that the platypus nose cars will be good both in the dry and wet ,since they are just that: platypus ,whereas the shapr ones will be faster in the dry since they are sharp and will cut better through the air,but will struggle in the rain,since the nose isnt as platypused
At least thats how i see it,hope that helps Georgios:)

Encouraging news for Merc fans,
Mark Webber did a small assesment today in relation to the pecking order and how he has interpreted testing so far:

"Also Nico [Rosberg] is going fast in the Mercedes, so he is quick and Mercedes is very fast. They are the guys who are extremely strong.",said the RB driver

u can read the rest here:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97820

and, you can also read Nico's report, on how he brags the Merc will be "annoying" in the early races to its rivals RB and McL here:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97819

only 2weeks before the curtain drops on what looks like to be a very interesting season

(Today)F1Times: "A reliable source has informed us that Mercedes have taken delivery of a new car with lots of new parts this evening" quote

this could well be the W03 v1.1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back