2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, in this case you can also say that Jenson Button drove Brawn GP to the championship ;)
He did! Out drove his team mate all season, and had masses of input on the development of that car during the Honda years, same car different engine in the Brawn guise that's all.

Why do you think Button bought himself out of his Williams contract in 2006

from the post-race press conference:

"LH: I had a few burgers last night so I was nice and heavy today! I tell you what, I'm so happy to be here. We've had such a great weekend. I actually don't really drink. I had a little bit of champagne, it doesn't really taste that good. Fernando said it was 7-Up or Sprite at the last race, it wasn't the same this time. Tonight, hopefully I can get together with the team tonight. We already did last night but I'm sure we will celebrate tonight.
SV: He said earlier he... and I saw him exchanging phone numbers with the girls on the podium. He said earlier we'll have a good time tonight!
LH: I think it was the other way around actually! He stayed behind. That's why we were late here.
SV: He was first, you know, not just in the race but also picking up the girls."

Come on wheres the fly by. This is USA

they should have gotten Michael Bay to direct the race. then we would've had explosions going off in the background when the start lights went off.

every time a driver pushed the DRS button another explosion would have gone off in the infield. and flames would've shot out the back of the cars when the drivers use KERS.

and the crane for removing the cars wouldn't have been a normal crane, it would've been a giant robot arm like something from Transformers.

and half way through the race an Apache attack helicopter would've shot missiles at the back straight to make giant potholes to give the drivers more of a challenge.

:roflmao:

Whaaaat? Are you actually serious? He clearly clapped because he wanted to congratulate Hamilton on a fantastic victory.. do you really think Vettel is that shallow to have clapped sarcastically? Lots of sour feelings towards Vettel here I sense..

Well for me was sarcastic, why? Because Hamilton is out of the championship title and finishing Hamilton 1st now Vettel has a 10 points difference instead of 20

Just got back home, what a great race! what a nice great track and very nice people in Texas :)
Seeing them live was very different, the sound was really incredible and the size of the cars was very odd, I think the track was a bit too narrow for overtaking, we were in turn 6.
Thanks Sérgio!

did u go to 6th street and party?

it was so wild in there

If it were RBR you would shouting all caps again.. I'm so sick of reading your posts allready, one needs to have some objectivity to function properly. You're like the team super fan who paints his face and shouts death threats to the referee for making a clear call. So please, tone it down.. i'm close to making myself as RBR fan (when i really don't like them..) just to be on the different side than you.. It's actually hurting the one you are supporting by forcing the rest of use defend RBR when we don't even want to.. You reply to every second post and refuse to listen reason time and time again.. I don't usually start feuds but this is getting close to my limit.

lol good il keep it up then.

#trolled.

Its funny.. Ferrari do it and they are "geniuses". If Red Bull were to do it? Well they would be called cheats.. shows how biased some people can be.
woudlnt call it biased so much, I think at the end of 2004, the world was over cooked with seeing 1 man win, which many liked, but I think us viewers prefer to see different people every year, who knows, at this point, lots of people prefer Alonso, although they dont "like him" over Vettel just because how boring it gets at times, idk thats just the word around town.

Some really good info about Mercedes,

Got chatting to a mercedes guy based in brackley this morn on the train (i noticed his id that he had round his neck) who appreciated i was quite knowledgeable on formula 1 and when talking about the disaster that was the mercedes austin gp he revealed some interesting info about the weekend and what mercedes were upto. Apparently the new coanda exhausts are producing significantly more rear downforce on the car but are also significantly more fuel hungary meaning that whilst the benifits are clear to see in qualifying the penalty during the race is also very heavy to the extent that schumacher(with coanda) had to start the race with 23 KG more fuel than rosberg(non coanda) Other teams have also found the coandas thirsty but have had 6+ months to work on solutions to bring fuel consumption back to nearly conventional exhausts levels.
Mercedes reckon schumachers car had at least 18-20KG more fuel in it than the cars around him which in terms of laptime was a penalty of 6-8 tenths per lap in the early stages which is why he was such a sitting duck in the early stages of the race, infact he told me that it was lap 10 before schumacher did a lap where he never had to leave the racing line which with the dust offline to added to his problems.
Another interesting thing he told me was that their was no real requirement to stop michael for the 2nd time and that the hard tyres he had would have easily got him to the end but with both drivers having no hope of points they decided to do a back to back with both cars as rosberg had just put on a new set of mediums and was in clear air so they wanted to see if the coandas gained enough laptime back on schumachers car compared to rosberg even though he had harder tyres and more fuel on board...

Some really good info about Mercedes,

with respect to this very usefull info ,i wonder: whats so good about it! ?

Mercedes were 13th and 16th respectively at COTA..coanda or not!...who cares what some guy said to some other guy on the train in terms of excuses!!...It doesnt matter what u do in Qualy, if you cant hack it during the race!..which has been Mercs achilies heel for the last 3yrs..and they have one race left to figure this out!..i dont think so!!

this info is plausible at best..at best

Mercedes seem more lost than ever..perhaps they can turn it around over the winter,but i wouldnt keep my hopes up...2good drivers have been compromised by this teams inability to produce ..and now a 3rd is on the way

just sayin

Michael sums it up nicely here..especially at 0.41

i tried to drive it!!.. "IT" ... ROFLLL

i got one race to go with this team ,but wana wish all who stay with Merc, good luck for the 2013 season and beyond:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back