2012 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people that appeared to try for a good lap was Hamilton, Maldonado, both Lotus cars, Perez and Alonso. From my perspective definitely a disappointing qualifying session the way Red Bull and Mercedes did not even bother trying.

This is what i'll be looking for in tommorows race:
First off: Great Lap by Hami

But!....,is it worth it to push this hard in Q3 considering how picky these tyres are? And would it cause him to lose the race tommorow to drivers that took that into consideration. Would other drivers be able to leapfrog both LH and PM during the pitstops,because they have their tyres in much better condition?...we might see a new trend develop tommorow or we might see that Q is still important...its going to be very interesting either way:geek:

I it just me or does Martian Whitmarsh seem only to be happy on the pit wall after the sessions which JB is leading things, maybe i'm paranoid. question it since last year:cautious:
I have observed the same thing. Happy when Button does well, not so happy when Hamilton does well. When the latter does do well Whitmarsh normally focuses on Buttons drive.

Saying that, Ron Dennis did the same thing to Hamilton (I think) when he was in charge. Whitmarsh needs Button to do well to justify recruiting Button.

I think Bahrain showed that qualifying on pole and then leading the race from there is still a huge advantage.

Vettel even said that he would have tried if the RB had been good enough to give him a shot at P1. IF Hamilton is at a disadvantage because of his pole, then it's certainly not because of the tyres but rather the close proximity to Maldonado :D

dont forget Raikkonen came from 11th to dog Vettel in Bahrain...a cuircut not as demanding in terms of aero as Catalunya....T3 is very hard on the tyres...so is T4,T5...T9........to drive on the limit through these corners had to have taken some life out of your tyres

The only people that appeared to try for a good lap was Hamilton, Maldonado, both Lotus cars, Perez and Alonso. From my perspective definitely a disappointing qualifying session the way Red Bull and Mercedes did not even bother trying.
Someone on RD suggested that points be awarded for qualifying performances, maybe 3-2-1 for pole 2nd and 3rd. That would get drivers moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%